Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hugobossy

My Em Modern Balinese Concept At Serangoon North

Am oso starting my EM reno soon, my quote was at 110K, wow u can get below 90K is a good price indeed. Mine exclude aircon & electricity work. Beginning to feel ex but all 3D is finalize liao juz & paid 1500 but yet to sign any contract. Thinking of changing ID but no time liao...

I understand your situation, it never too late to change unless you have signed the contact that will penalty you if terminate it.

My initial quote from this confimed ID was 96k after much bargain and some changes on the design, final quote was 85k and still manage to get most of the request i require. Hunting for right ID and pricing is a tough assessment, it need a lot of searching and knowleadge of the reno stuffs.

I will post out the 3D soon if my ID amended it.

Happy Reno, bubby.........

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Today, went to select toiletries, curtains and lights at giffard mansion at along Balestier road recommended by my ID. Quite disappointed with the display variety on the toiletries and price wise not sure it is exp as I have not visited other shops to compare. My ID openly told them in front of us that he is not taking any comm so that I can get further discount on top of normal discount. Hmmmm...

Understand all the shops at giffard mansion is under the same management.

Did not take any photo to post it out as I am not convince to buy anythings from there yet.

Good thing is you can park at their basement private car park while visiting their shops (the public car park lots are limited over there and can get summons if any how park), also they serve us hot coffee and water....................nice.. and lastly they are very patience and not pushy even you have not decide anything or confirm the purchase.

I manage to get quotes from them for reference...swee...

Typical reno for EM range from $70k to $100k depend on what concept and reno work. For my reno, it approx 85k.

Got few ID quote approx 100k. Highest quote was 120k from a ID with lesser reno than other IDs, I almost faint............ design my stair railing only is 10k, I almost in coma.......

In the end, I go for this ID which the price is much more competitive in term of unit price.

Example, rewire whole house c/w 1 new circuit breaker/fix up 60 x lights pt/24 x power pt/4 x telephones/4 x tv points/3 x water heaters/3 x ceiling fans/1 hood-hob/1 door bell/1 air con pt, total 5k after discount. Exp?

Example, demolition work for whole house, haulage, clear/disposal of debris 5.5k. Exp?

Reno cost really depend on the extent of what one wants to do. I started on a very tight budget of 30 - 35k but ended with 45k due to additional works which were unforeseen during the planning stage. To me, what matters most is affordability and whether u r happy for what u paid for :) wish u a smooth and happy reno journey ;)

Edited by potatoes

Pretty expensive. Perhaps it's best to ask him to re-quote. Anyways congrats on your new home and have fun with your renovation.

Example, rewire whole house c/w 1 new circuit breaker/fix up 60 x lights pt/24 x power pt/4 x telephones/4 x tv points/3 x water heaters/3 x ceiling fans/1 hood-hob/1 door bell/1 air con pt, total 5k after discount. Exp?

Example, demolition work for whole house, haulage, clear/disposal of debris 5.5k. Exp?

Below are my living room 3D pictures which just received from my ID today. There are some changes need to be amend and will consult the ID tomorrow.

Please help to comment if any.

ID11-11LIV3.jpg

ID11-11LIV2.jpg

ID11-11KIT3.jpg

Edited by hugobossy

Reno cost really depend on the extent of what one wants to do. I started on a very tight budget of 30 - 35k but ended with 45k due to additional works which were unforeseen during the planning stage. To me, what matters most is affordability and whether u r happy for what u paid for :) wish u a smooth and happy reno journey ;)

Some contractors/ID will not tell you what will happen if u choose this and that until start work then start to say it and charge for it. But they would make it until it seem unforeseen.

So always budget more....

Today, went to select toiletries, curtains and lights at giffard mansion at along Balestier road recommended by my ID. Quite disappointed with the display variety on the toiletries and price wise not sure it is exp as I have not visited other shops to compare. My ID openly told them in front of us that he is not taking any comm so that I can get further discount on top of normal discount. Hmmmm...

Understand all the shops at giffard mansion is under the same management.

Did not take any photo to post it out as I am not convince to buy anythings from there yet.

Good thing is you can park at their basement private car park while visiting their shops (the public car park lots are limited over there and can get summons if any how park), also they serve us hot coffee and water....................nice.. and lastly they are very patience and not pushy even you have not decide anything or confirm the purchase.

I manage to get quotes from them for reference...swee...

Sound like the electrical shop I went to, which I oso park at the basement cp for free. My ID brought me there and when we arrived, he call the lady to open gantry and let us park our car.

The shop name is Kenzie opp the Singapore lighting mart. FYI, balestier lighting all r expensive, that shop quote my house lighting at 6K and later reduce to 4400, I req for further discount to 4K and she refuse, so I ended up not buying.

Later I went to this lighting shop at Jurong East, the boss (couple) was very nice and I bought the same light at 3K only, see price so much different.

Pls do more checking before buying. If u want the ctc for the electrical shop, let me know & I will pm u.

Sound like the electrical shop I went to, which I oso park at the basement cp for free. My ID brought me there and when we arrived, he call the lady to open gantry and let us park our car.

The shop name is Kenzie opp the Singapore lighting mart. FYI, balestier lighting all r expensive, that shop quote my house lighting at 6K and later reduce to 4400, I req for further discount to 4K and she refuse, so I ended up not buying.

Later I went to this lighting shop at Jurong East, the boss (couple) was very nice and I bought the same light at 3K only, see price so much different.

Pls do more checking before buying. If u want the ctc for the electrical shop, let me know & I will pm u.

Correct, it's the light shop you mentioned. Is the lighting shop at Jurong East has wide range of light selection? Can PM me. Thanks

Also any toiletries shop to recommend as well?

Wow, 5 weeks for a total overhaul will be kinda record breaking I think. I did quite a lot of research and the fastest reno for maisonette I read is 6 weeks - with some defects due to the rush job.

Will be stalking your blog... :rolleyes:

Some suggestions:

- The wood colours/mix in your study looks inconsistent with the rest of your place? Kinda lighter toned. Is it on purpose? If not I'll suggest a more consistent look with the rest of your place. Also make sure you see the wood in a bigger piece to assess if you can stand to have the entire wall of cabinets in that wood grain. Just like tiles, I always find it hard to assess using a little sample tile.

- Also remember to get your ID to do up the grout lines in matching colours to your tiles, unless you want white. Noticed that the tiles in the 3Ds have white grout lines. Would be very contrasting on dark tiles. Personally I don't like the effect and a uniform colour (tile & grout) gives a better finish IMO.

- Is 5 weeks enough time for your wooden floor/platform to settle down? It's one thing I considered when I did my reno. Most places told us it'll take a week to get the wood dry (?) to prevent future warping/ensure quality so it adds to the reno time. Didn't end up getting wooden floors, but that's what I remember being told... add one more week if we wanna change the parquet floor.

Air-Con Info - Mitsubishi Starmex System 4

Company A

1) Mitsubishi Starmex System 4 (24 + 12 + 10 + 10) - $3769 (inclu GST)

2) Upgrade from G23 to G22 copper pipe - $20 per rm x 4 = $80 (company A said, G22 is thicker pipe so that when bending it will not cause gas leak)

3) Upgrade 1/2 inch insulation - $180

4) Stainless Steel Bracket - $150

5) Condense drainage plate - $120

6) Additional trip - $85

Total - $4384

Company B

1) Mitsubishi Starmex System 4 (24 + 12 + 10 + 10) - $3800- $4000 (inclu GST)

c/w

a) Stainless Steel Bracket

b) G23 copper pipe for small btu and G22 for bigger btu. (company B said, G22 is/are for bigger btu)

c) Additional trip

d) Condense drainage plate

I have spoken to Company A at showroom and Company B thru phone and the boss asked me to visit their office to discuss further.

Will update my final conclusion on air-con purchase between Company A & B after searching high & low from forums, friends and visiting shops/showroom. Will reveal the company name and recommend.

How to measure the require btu for your bedroom and living room. See below

Formula is (L x B) x 600 = ??? btu/hr

Example MBR side is (4.2m x 3.2m) x 600 = 8064 btu/hr

Edited by hugobossy

hi hugobossy, I've pm you the contact for both the electrical & toliet accessory shop.

Happy shopping :sport-smiley-018:

Look forward to more of yr posting :rolleyes:

Thanks you...Will visit the shop this weekend..