Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mikoki

Reliable Mover - Soon Seng Transport Service

Just want to share around my experience of my moving in to Bishan St 25, Clover. As a common consumer, I got 3 quote from 3 different movers (El..., Sh.... and Soon Seng). As this is my first time move from HDB to a condo, I am inexperience and had called the 3 movers for enquiry and I found the most helpful is Soon Seng Transport who can answer all my questions with patience. They even brief me on the procedure with applying of permit to move into Clover and from the discussion, I found that they shifted in many units at Clover and this made me to signed the agreement with them. On the day of moving, they will punctual to reach my old house at 9am at Toa Tayoh and the mens just distribute themself for dismantle and wrap my furniture and with the final loading onto their truck within an hour time. The entire move completed include setting up my furniture in my new house by 12pm. They had provided me with 8 mens and a big truck and in a single trip to move all my furniture with piano and about 80 boxes and cost is reasonable too. No damage, nothing lost and most important, I find the overall service from giving quotation by the sales guy and moving by the mens and was a great one. Really enjoy the fun of moving with them and appreciate for their help and hence posting this comment for anyone is looking for professional mover. Cheers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just want to share around my experience of my moving in to Bishan St 25, Clover. As a common consumer, I got 3 quote from 3 different movers (El..., Sh.... and Soon Seng). As this is my first time move from HDB to a condo, I am inexperience and had called the 3 movers for enquiry and I found the most helpful is Soon Seng Transport who can answer all my questions with patience. They even brief me on the procedure with applying of permit to move into Clover and from the discussion, I found that they shifted in many units at Clover and this made me to signed the agreement with them. On the day of moving, they will punctual to reach my old house at 9am at Toa Tayoh and the mens just distribute themself for dismantle and wrap my furniture and with the final loading onto their truck within an hour time. The entire move completed include setting up my furniture in my new house by 12pm. They had provided me with 8 mens and a big truck and in a single trip to move all my furniture with piano and about 80 boxes and cost is reasonable too. No damage, nothing lost and most important, I find the overall service from giving quotation by the sales guy and moving by the mens and was a great one. Really enjoy the fun of moving with them and appreciate for their help and hence posting this comment for anyone is looking for professional mover. Cheers

Can share what is the quote from 3 of them?

i also recommend soo seng but although they kindda screwed up the installation of my wardrobe

price wise is very much cheaper ....EL**e movers quoted me $500 ++ , one company forgot what name jit tao tell me cannot move my 240 cm wide wardrobe cause too big , but soo seng transport only quote me $350 to move all my stuff even some things which were not included in the initial quotation

Thumbs up to soo seng , but be careful of some of their staff, very bengish and short tempered

ya used their service last year, they are more affordable & would reco their service.

only delivered my items, did not ask them to install since i guess their not professional

yes soon seng is good and reliable. alex is responsible and good in his job.

i have moved few houses with them, i have a digital piano.

alex was only a worker there, i saw him promoted from mover to supervisor or manager now. i think manager, or more senior staff.

highly recommended. :yamseng:

I'll be using their service next month. Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing will be lost or broken.

I was attended by Warren for quotes.

I find their price not cheap nor expensive but in the middle range. That's why I chose the company.

I will be using Soon Seng for my house moving. There are 2 moves to be made. First, from my current house to Big Orange storage. Then 4-mths later, from Big Orange to my new home.

When Ken first showed up to give me a quite, he was fast in his assessment & reassuring when I voiced my concerns to him. Thereafter, an email with a formal quote was received promptly the next day. Even when I needed to make changes to the items, a revised quote was promptly send within a day. The admin gal, Jessie, was also equally helpful. :good:

First part of the move to Big Orange was done last Saturday, 30/March. The major stuffs to be moved include:

- 1 Fridge

- 1 washing machine

- 1 Dryer

- 1 LCD 40" (I think) TV

- 1 Dining Table

- 62 boxes

Total of 8 men showed up with 2 fully covered lorries. Everything went very smoothly. The packers were fast, efficient and polite. Not once did anyone show signs of irritation or attitude when they had to help me wrap some loose items I had forgotten. No shoes or trolleys were used in the house. All furnitures were carried out to the lift lobby, then loaded onto the trolleys. The move was completed in less then 2-hrs including the drive to Big Orange and the loading into the warehouse storage room.

Most importantly, they took great care in loading my items onto their truck and no damages to my house. I will definitely recommend them to anyone and look forward to the move of my stuffs for the 2nd part later on. 2-thumbs up for their excellent service. :good:

Edited by 3Dyms

Hi 3Dyms
I'm about to move and saw your review on Soon Seng.
Could you share with me how the final move turned out? Did you find them good? Would you also be kind enough to share how much they charged?
Thanks very much in advance!

I will be using Soon Seng for my house moving. There are 2 moves to be made. First, from my current house to Big Orange storage. Then 4-mths later, from Big Orange to my new home.

When Ken first showed up to give me a quite, he was fast in his assessment & reassuring when I voiced my concerns to him. Thereafter, an email with a formal quote was received promptly the next day. Even when I needed to make changes to the items, a revised quote was promptly send within a day. The admin gal, Jessie, was also equally helpful. :good:

First part of the move to Big Orange was done last Saturday, 30/March. The major stuffs to be moved include:
- 1 Fridge
- 1 washing machine
- 1 Dryer
- 1 LCD 40" (I think) TV
- 1 Dining Table
- 62 boxes

Total of 8 men showed up with 2 fully covered lorries. Everything went very smoothly. The packers were fast, efficient and polite. Not once did anyone show signs of irritation or attitude when they had to help me wrap some loose items I had forgotten. No shoes or trolleys were used in the house. All furnitures were carried out to the lift lobby, then loaded onto the trolleys. The move was completed in less then 2-hrs including the drive to Big Orange and the loading into the warehouse storage room.

Most importantly, they took great care in loading my items onto their truck and no damages to my house. I will definitely recommend them to anyone and look forward to the move of my stuffs for the 2nd part later on. 2-thumbs up for their excellent service. :good:

Hi , could I have the soon seng movers's contacts, please. Thanks.

The guy who came and quoted for us is call Warren, 96866840. Can check with him. He is on time for appointment and not pushy.

We picked them for moving and storage, so far for the first move, everything is good. They use local labour and true enough, those movers who came are very experienced and careful with my stuff during the moving. But as i haven't receive my items yet due to being in storage, i will feedback again when they move my stuff into my new place probably in Sept. At this moment, so far so good.

The guy who came and quoted for us is call Warren, 96866840. Can check with him. He is on time for appointment and not pushy.

We picked them for moving and storage, so far for the first move, everything is good. They use local labour and true enough, those movers who came are very experienced and careful with my stuff during the moving. But as i haven't receive my items yet due to being in storage, i will feedback again when they move my stuff into my new place probably in Sept. At this moment, so far so good.

I used your info and contacted Warren. Very nice chap. Price is steeper compared to Helping Hands but I still engaged Soon Seng after comparing the interactions with Warren & the guy from Helping Hands. The latter was impatient during my call and didn't offer to come down for site survey. Warren however, came down twice after I updated him on items I forgot during his first visit.They sent 3 movers to move our stuff to storage. The movers were young local chaps, very punctual, quite experienced and polite. Most likely will engaged Soon Seng again to move the things back when our renovations are completed.

For those looking for storage, I would recommend Extraspace@ Kallang Way. Relatively new facility and the service staff there is very helpful and friendly.