Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mikoki

Reliable Mover - Soon Seng Transport Service

Hi,

Did you use Soon Seng for your moving in the end? any feedback? If you did, care to share your quote? Looking to move in March and considering them.

thanks in advance.

Edited by jocoolseah

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest Tan Ying Rui

Hi,

You may want to consider using Asiaone movers. I used them during my recent shift and I find the experience good and pricing reasonable. I was quoted S$280 for about 13 boxes of items, one table, one single mattress, one wardrobe (including dismantling and assembling back), one armchair.

Cheers!

aSteRuS

Hi, you may want to compare these movers and read reviews from previous customers. 

Local movers in Singapore
International movers in Singapore

At least compare a few and get informed decision before choosing one. There was a case where a customer could have done the moving in 3 trips ($600-$750) but was charged $1050 because they bill by hours.. 

Note and ask beforehand how these companies charges (such as by per hour or by trip basis) to prevent getting ripped off. 

Looking for house moving service in Singapore? SOON SENG is not your trusted house movers. Our happy event turned into a nightmare. Here is an honest and genuine Soon SENG MOVERS.

We engaged SOON SENG moving service on 29 August. There were numerous email, text messages and phone confirmation; I received the last confirmation again from them in the evening before the day of scheduled move.

We were so excited about the move, by 10am on 29 August, we were all ready waiting for the SOON SENG mover to arrive. They did not turn up as scheduled, I had to call to ask and the person who received my call seemed surprised about the hiccup. Minutes later, another person called and he claimed that he could not get in touch with the team supervisor, but promised to find out what went wrong. Some 20 minutes later, I received 2 photos of a lightly damaged truck. The head light was smashed and the bumper was dent. There was no phone call from him, just the photos. We called to ask for more details. He said the truck was involved in an accident and could not come to our service. And he claimed that they had to report to police. Looking at the minor accident, I couldn’t comprehend the need to report police. As a matter of fact, police will not entertain such road accident unless someone was injured. When I pressed for the location of the accident and the handphone of the team supervisor, I was tactfully denied. That’s when I sensed something was not right. However, I thought a house mover running a business in Singapore will not deceive their customer, we requested for alternatives; he offered a later moving at 2 pm, which we accepted.

By the time drew near, no call, confirmation or update from SOON SENG . Our constant calls seemed to irritate him. We were told to wait another 10 minutes while he looked for solution. 10 minutes passed and he sms that he would call us in 30 minutes. After which, we had not heard from SOON SENG since. We felt we were left to bleed to death with 60 boxes and furniture lying around the house.

By 3pm, we concluded SOON SENG has decided to abandon us. We frantically called many other movers, most turned us down as it was a last minute job, even next day service was not possible. Fortunately, with a help of a friend, we found her regular mover who agreed to help us move. That was almost 5pm in the evening, the team just finished their 2 house moving jobs earlier. We were very appreciative that they agreed to work overtime for us. Furthermore, we paid only $30 more than what SOON SENG quoted despite the last minute arrangement. They finished the moving job at 8.30pm.

SOON SENG accepted a business order from us but fail to deliver without offering remedy can only tell you something about them; SOON SENG is unprofessional, irresponsible, and maybe very inexperienced in the business. Even if the road accident was ‘genuine’, it was obvious that SOON SENG did not have any contingency plans in place to offer alternative solution to their client. To run a house moving business, you expect unforeseen events such as truck breakdown, road accident, staffs report sick…etc. If the road accident was ‘fake’, you’ll see clearly the business ethical values of SOON SENG .

The truth of the matter was that, in this whole house moving saga, there were no offers of replacement, no help, no apologies from SOON SENG . Do you want to put your stressful house moving service in the hands of SOON SENG . Think twice!

Edited by WarreeeeN

Actually I wanted to forget this incident yet I think I need to refute the good feedback about Soon Seng Transport. They are professional yet they seemed to be rushing the job too much. I Guess we are the customers and we have the right to make sure all items are in good condition during the transition from one place to another. Speed is good but I believe the safety of our items should put priority too.There is no need to start worrying about our items if we do have the services of a good and reliable mover company. That is my own opinion and I hope people should understand the gravity of the situation. Thank you

I’ve used soon seng to store my belongings before I moved. Lost 5 items (Vacuum Cleaner Head, leg of queen-size bed frame, a standing mirror and 2 boxes of misc belongings). I’ve checked and re-checked for the items from all the boxes and found them missing. On TOP of that, someone used my electronic scooter as the handle had been re-positioned. There were also cigarettes butts found in one of my boxes. I expected none of my belongings would have gone missing or used while in storage. Not to be taken advantage of by their staff....

Very disappointed in the level of service rendered. If you want to engage soon seng transport for storage services, I urge all to think twice. 

Finding best packers movers is not an easy task. For helping people i would like to share best portal i.e Picker Online here you will find top verified packers and movers

On 12/9/2018 at 3:18 PM, WarreeeeN said:

Looking for house moving service in Singapore? SOON SENG is not your trusted house movers. Our happy event turned into a nightmare. Here is an honest and genuine Soon SENG MOVERS.

We engaged SOON SENG moving service on 29 August. There were numerous email, text messages and phone confirmation; I received the last confirmation again from them in the evening before the day of scheduled move.

We were so excited about the move, by 10am on 29 August, we were all ready waiting for the SOON SENG mover to arrive. They did not turn up as scheduled, I had to call to ask and the person who received my call seemed surprised about the hiccup. Minutes later, another person called and he claimed that he could not get in touch with the team supervisor, but promised to find out what went wrong. Some 20 minutes later, I received 2 photos of a lightly damaged truck. The head light was smashed and the bumper was dent. There was no phone call from him, just the photos. We called to ask for more details. He said the truck was involved in an accident and could not come to our service. And he claimed that they had to report to police. Looking at the minor accident, I couldn’t comprehend the need to report police. As a matter of fact, police will not entertain such road accident unless someone was injured. When I pressed for the location of the accident and the handphone of the team supervisor, I was tactfully denied. That’s when I sensed something was not right. However, I thought a house mover running a business in Singapore will not deceive their customer, we requested for alternatives; he offered a later moving at 2 pm, which we accepted.

By the time drew near, no call, confirmation or update from SOON SENG . Our constant calls seemed to irritate him. We were told to wait another 10 minutes while he looked for solution. 10 minutes passed and he sms that he would call us in 30 minutes. After which, we had not heard from SOON SENG since. We felt we were left to bleed to death with 60 boxes and furniture lying around the house.

By 3pm, we concluded SOON SENG has decided to abandon us. We frantically called many other movers, most turned us down as it was a last minute job, even next day service was not possible. Fortunately, with a help of a friend, we found her regular mover who agreed to help us move. That was almost 5pm in the evening, the team just finished their 2 house moving jobs earlier. We were very appreciative that they agreed to work overtime for us. Furthermore, we paid only $30 more than what SOON SENG quoted despite the last minute arrangement. They finished the moving job at 8.30pm.

SOON SENG accepted a business order from us but fail to deliver without offering remedy can only tell you something about them; SOON SENG is unprofessional, irresponsible, and maybe very inexperienced in the business. Even if the road accident was ‘genuine’, it was obvious that SOON SENG did not have any contingency plans in place to offer alternative solution to their client. To run a house moving business, you expect unforeseen events such as truck breakdown, road accident, staffs report sick…etc. If the road accident was ‘fake’, you’ll see clearly the business ethical values of SOON SENG .

The truth of the matter was that, in this whole house moving saga, there were no offers of replacement, no help, no apologies from SOON SENG . Do you want to put your stressful house moving service in the hands of SOON SENG . Think twice!

Hi to all the forum reader and member. I'm Warren from Soon Seng Mover. Being in this business for over 30 years, our company's success lies on the continued support and unwavering trust of new and existing customers. We delivered what we promised, we always show up on arranged date.
I believe forum user is fair enough to see and judge. Be it good or bad experiences, we are more than willing to listen and improve our services extended to our customers. 
However, feedbacks should not be falsified to tarnish the businesses reputation for your own marketing purposes. Create threads and fake as real end user to mislead the forum readers abuses the platform unethically. 
We do not want to be malign neither do we make groundless accusation without solid evidence. Two similar posts were found in another thread, just altering the company names and reposting. 

https://www.yelp.com.sg/not_recommended_reviews/vimbox-movers-singapore-singapore

https://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/66933-an-honest-vimbox-movers%E2%80%99-review/?page=2

2b4c1cb6-a105-4332-b0a3-47407e188475.jpg.38a468aa066cc40013e997794f34e449.jpg1574ac6c-13cd-430a-9496-cee8d03d6808.jpg.4bb1b4e0b2c254514935122430cd8882.jpg

Edited by SoonSengMover