Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AnneY

Shopping Online For Fittings And Accessories

As we construct our house, we found that many items are far cheaper in Europe or US. We have purchased from these sites and save money in the process.

1. Ironmongeries : Valli & Valli door levers & lock (Italian design and made in US) from www.decow.com). Average about US$150 where those less known brands in singapore cost >S$300.

2. Samsung digital keypad lock : SHS 3120 from Amazon.com : US$230 (about S$600+) here

3. George Nelson Bubble Lamps & other italian light fittings : ylightings.com - >50% savings in general

4. Kohler Purist floor mount bath filler (for free standing bath tub) : US$580 compared to >S$2K here

And many other items including Elitis wallpaper, Miele appliances, steam generator, etc.

Does anybody have other shopping sites to share ?

Edited by AnneY

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

As we construct our house, we found that many items are far cheaper in Europe or US. We have purchased from these sites and save money in the process.

1. Ironmongeries : Valli & Valli door levers & lock (Italian design and made in US) from www.decow.com). Average about US$150 where those less known brands in singapore cost >S$300.

2. Samsung digital keypad lock : SHS 3120 from Amazon.com : US$230 (about S$600+) here

3. George Nelson Bubble Lamps & other italian light fittings : ylightings.com - >50% savings in general

4. Kohler Purist floor mount bath filler (for free standing bath tub) : US$580 compared to >S$2K here

And many other items including Elitis wallpaper, Miele appliances, steam generator, etc.

[/

Yes they r alot cheaper overseas. I just bought a tap online fr US but when it comes to payment they won't accept a non US credit card and address so it was not possible to buy without the help of a friend in US. How did you buy all those items mentioned and is it still cheaper after factoring the shipping cost?

twothumbs : For bathroom related stuff like taps and steam generator, we have purchased from Amazon.com (accepts SG cards) and homeperfect.com (accepts Paypal).

Have to use vpost or comgateway to forward the packages. Usually at least 40% savings after shipping, GST (if >$400) etc.

UK and European sites usually accept international credit cards. Some of these sites will deduct VAT (19-20%) off the price when they ship outside Europe. So very large savings can result. If shopping for electrical items (like lights) must get from UK due to 220V voltage. We purchased a De Dietrich induction oven from UK site, about ~S$1K total with shipping, GST and we did not even get VAT deduction from that site.

twothumbs : For bathroom related stuff like taps and steam generator, we have purchased from Amazon.com (accepts SG cards) and homeperfect.com (accepts Paypal).

Have to use vpost or comgateway to forward the packages. Usually at least 40% savings after shipping, GST (if >$400) etc.

UK and European sites usually accept international credit cards. Some of these sites will deduct VAT (19-20%) off the price when they ship outside Europe. So very large savings can result. If shopping for electrical items (like lights) must get from UK due to 220V voltage. We purchased a De Dietrich induction oven from UK site, about ~S$1K total with shipping, GST and we did not even get VAT deduction from that site.

thanks for sharing. Ovens do break down and need servicing. Better make sure you have service support from local De Dietrich distributor. My current De Dietrich induction hob and oven broke down a few times :(

I bought a sink in london and brought it back myself. Indeed it was S$1200 cheaper

thanks for sharing. Ovens do break down and need servicing. Better make sure you have service support from local De Dietrich distributor. My current De Dietrich induction hob and oven broke down a few times :(

I bought a sink in london and brought it back myself. Indeed it was S$1200 cheaper

How long have you been using the De Dietrich hob and oven? This brand is considered top of the line... can't believe it!

Hi, came upon this thread while google for online shopping..

I plan to buy some wall clocks, simple human trash can, OXO kitchen utensil, a 8 pcs knife set from amazon. I still thinking whether to buy a cookware 10 pc set or not.. haa.....

I also plan to buy Grohe taps from iceprice.com as that site is cheaper than amazon and amazon don't have the full range.

Can I know the site you purchase your Miele appliances? I'm looking at their vacuum cleaner :yamseng:

from Harrods (UK, London Dept store). You have to email them using the contact on their website. However for vacuum cleaner i am not sure if the savings will be significant after the shipping charges.

from Harrods (UK, London Dept store). You have to email them using the contact on their website. However for vacuum cleaner i am not sure if the savings will be significant after the shipping charges.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Harrods? I go thru the site and it sells clothes and bags :dunno:

What Miele appliances had you bought? From Harrods? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Harrods carries miele and other appliances, even sub zero fridge. But you have to email them under the Harrods Direct service as I mentioned.