Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
renotm

4A Resale... Somewhere North

You actually met all the 9 contractors??!!!!! :jawdrop:

Well, exclude those I briefly talked to at those expo exhibitions, I have only officially asked for 5 quotations through emails, all 5 got back to me, but I have only met up with 2 based on their initial quotations. All of them are recommended by fellow members. This is already draining me sick (today MC liao).

Yes, I also do not intend to move again, even before these "exercise". That's why I am thinking of doing the renovation with the most "timeless" theme (which I dunno what yet). :idea:

Really?! Thanks a lot! I was paiseh to ask you if can visit your place or not but it is really nice of you to ask... you need to ask Andrew for "showroom" fees already. :sport-smiley-004:

Will this coming weekend works for you? :P

i know... i know... going through quotations and contractors again and again are really tiring. i was choosing between 9 of them and it took me 2 months to go through all these. Each one have to meet at least 2 times..... my days were busy with working and nights with meeting contractors. :bangwall:

that is why, its better if we don't need to do this again and again.... i totally surrender!! so, i got to make sure i stay here for at least 20 years to make it worthwhile. hehehehehe... ;)

you can come to my place to have a look too.... then i can tell you what to look out for...

That is why i am asking you, how long do you intend to stay there. if at least 10 years or more, then its worth going through all these or else, like what you said, just do simple and that's it! hahahaha....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Terrain1976!

Looks like we are about the same age... and similar taste too! Your handover date is just 5 days after mine! haha... another things that is similar :yamseng:

Are you going to start a t-blog soon?

Yes, the boss is an old uncle, but I talked to his staff, who is a very nice lady. I also love the design of the table but becoz the color a bit off my "ideal theme", I have no choice but not buying it.

Wah, you already got a lot of things for the new place! So far, I only got the hob&hood and the KDK ventilation fans. hee... still undecided on many things.. so dun dare to buy until closer to handover date.

Are your shortlisted contractors recommended in renotalk too? Who knows in the end we may have the same contractor too. :dancingqueen:

Hi Renotm,

I noticed this table too during my visits to expo somewhere last week. The boss is an old uncle (located at the extreme end of the exhibition hall). It is really a nice table, solid and modern in design(to me lah :D ).

LIke you, i will be getting my keys on 21st Feb 2012 but i agreed to let the owner to stay for another two months(free) for their next house to be ready.

I started looking around before i OTPed on 18th Nov 2011 and had already got myself lightings, painting, laminated flooring package, dining table set way before.. (very kiasu).

Currently i am still sourcing for a realiable contractor too and have narrowed down to the final two contractors. Estimated time to 100% ownership the house will be around 20th Arp 2012! Mine is in the east. 4S model.

Renotm and terrain, we are all abt same age lah. Hehe.... So good that this time round, so many singles buying. Last year was all married or getting married. Makes me so out....

I got no plans on sat so I am ok. But not too early though. Maybe about 2pm or so??

Renotm and terrain, we are all abt same age lah. Hehe.... So good that this time round, so many singles buying. Last year was all married or getting married. Makes me so out....

Yah yah, count me in ... Will start my house hunting journey aft my holiday trip :dancingqueen: Next time when I start sourcing for contractor, I will be thick skin to ask for house visit to chk on workmanship and learn from u guys on all aspect on Reno :P

I started looking around before i OTPed on 18th Nov 2011 and had already got myself lightings, painting, laminated flooring package, dining table set way before.. (very kiasu).

Hey Terrain, can pm me ur laminated flooring package cost? Wanna est. E cost for a 4rm (u doing up Living or just 3 bedrms?) for my budgeting. TIA :yamseng:

:dribble: Thank you! but I have an appt until 4pm on Sat... Will 430pm be too late for you? I will see if I can reschedule the appt tmr.

Let me know? Thanks!

I got no plans on sat so I am ok. But not too early though. Maybe about 2pm or so??

Yah yah, count me in ... Will start my house hunting journey aft my holiday trip :dancingqueen: Next time when I start sourcing for contractor, I will be thick skin to ask for house visit to chk on workmanship and learn from u guys on all aspect on Reno :P

Purple fairy, you so excited to look at Reno even before otp? Maybe you will get a nice flat that no need to Reno at all??

No problem, just be thick skin and I will welcome u.

Hi Terrain1976!

Looks like we are about the same age... and similar taste too! Your handover date is just 5 days after mine! haha... another things that is similar :yamseng:

Are you going to start a t-blog soon?

Yes, the boss is an old uncle, but I talked to his staff, who is a very nice lady. I also love the design of the table but becoz the color a bit off my "ideal theme", I have no choice but not buying it.

Wah, you already got a lot of things for the new place! So far, I only got the hob&hood and the KDK ventilation fans. hee... still undecided on many things.. so dun dare to buy until closer to handover date.

Are your shortlisted contractors recommended in renotalk too? Who knows in the end we may have the same contractor too. :dancingqueen:

From my nick you should have guessed my age by now.

Haha... Me actually not very kiasu but is SUPER kiasu loh :sport-smiley-004: .. I have been reading renotalk daily since Nov 2011 till today but of cos I am not as hardworking as May_dream1 lah.. I have went through 3 quotes for the time being and maybe going for one more before awarding the contract. More or less i have 85% finalised with the design and layout so now, i just got to find the contractor who can fulfill my ideas with good quantity and of cos.. who can matches within my low budget.

When you wana decide on your contractor? Hope i can make my decision by end of this month..(Good the luck to me :rolleyes: )

Haha.. I looked around for houses a month before i hitted 35yo and signed on the OTP immediately one day upon 35yo!! 单身万岁!! Wahahaha... :yamseng:

Hey Terrain, can pm me ur laminated flooring package cost? Wanna est. E cost for a 4rm (u doing up Living or just 3 bedrms?) for my budgeting. TIA :yamseng:

Hi PurpleFairy,

Have PMed you. Yes, i will be doing for my dining(hacked off existing store room and partial of my kitchen area), living and 3 bedrooms.

From my nick you should have guessed my age by now.

Haha... Me actually not very kiasu but is SUPER kiasu loh :sport-smiley-004: .. I have been reading renotalk daily since Nov 2011 till today but of cos I am not as hardworking as May_dream1 lah.. I have went through 3 quotes for the time being and maybe going for one more before awarding the contract. More or less i have 85% finalised with the design and layout so now, i just got to find the contractor who can fulfill my ideas with good quantity and of cos.. who can matches within my low budget.

When you wana decide on your contractor? Hope i can make my decision by end of this month..(Good the luck to me :rolleyes: )

Yup yup.... i can guess your age, that is why i know we are ard the same age although i am younger than you.... :sport-smiley-004:

I OTP in Oct 2010, 1st appt in Jan 2011 but i started reading renotalk since Dec 2010. Is that kiasu? hahahaha.... i guessed moving ard for years have taken its toil on me. All i wanted was to settle down in my own home and that is why i was so kiasu too.

I already have the vision of my home before i went flat viewing so when i confirmed the flat, i had 90% of the design finalised. So it was quite fast that i decide on my contractor!! the one that able to catch my dream and i know for sure he can put it to reality is the one i chosen. Of course price wise also play a part but the rapport with my contractor makes me trust him that he will not add more costs to my reno. So in the end, my reno is as what was quoted!

So all the best to you! :good: don't just look at the pricing cos the cheapest now might not be at the end if your chosen contractor keep on adding and adding more costs.

Haha.. I looked around for houses a month before i hitted 35yo and signed on the OTP immediately one day upon 35yo!! 单身万岁!! Wahahaha... :yamseng:

:yamseng: Traits of dragon!

I am also the same, i went to look at flats even before my appeal letter went to HDB. Then i was quite bad, i lied to all property agents that i am already 35 or else, they will not bring me go look at flats. And when i saw this flat, it was like falling in love at first sight :wub::wub:

It was a thursday night when i saw that flat, that next day, i quickly call HDB officer in charged of my case. Before i could ask her anything, she told me i gotten the approval! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: I was literally jumping with joy in office that my colleagues thought i gone crazy. Hahahaha......

Yup yup.... i can guess your age, that is why i know we are ard the same age although i am younger than you.... :sport-smiley-004:

I OTP in Oct 2010, 1st appt in Jan 2011 but i started reading renotalk since Dec 2010. Is that kiasu? hahahaha.... i guessed moving ard for years have taken its toil on me. All i wanted was to settle down in my own home and that is why i was so kiasu too.

You all not consider kiasu lah... I think I am most kiasu... :sport-smiley-004:

Paiseh to say too much...

Edited by ZzzMonster

I already have the vision of my home before i went flat viewing so when i confirmed the flat, i had 90% of the design finalised. So it was quite fast that i decide on my contractor!! the one that able to catch my dream and i know for sure he can put it to reality is the one i chosen. Of course price wise also play a part but the rapport with my contractor makes me trust him that he will not add more costs to my reno. So in the end, my reno is as what was quoted!

So all the best to you! :good: don't just look at the pricing cos the cheapest now might not be at the end if your chosen contractor keep on adding and adding more costs.

:yamseng: Traits of dragon!

I am also the same, i went to look at flats even before my appeal letter went to HDB. Then i was quite bad, i lied to all property agents that i am already 35 or else, they will not bring me go look at flats. And when i saw this flat, it was like falling in love at first sight :wub::wub:

It was a thursday night when i saw that flat, that next day, i quickly call HDB officer in charged of my case. Before i could ask her anything, she told me i gotten the approval! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: I was literally jumping with joy in office that my colleagues thought i gone crazy. Hahahaha......

Hi maydream, what appeal letter is that for? If its not convenient to post here, pls pm me. Asking cos my brother is going to turn 35 in another year time and he's keen to get a flat but cannot right now.

Hi maydream, what appeal letter is that for? If its not convenient to post here, pls pm me. Asking cos my brother is going to turn 35 in another year time and he's keen to get a flat but cannot right now.

hi GoalHome, cannot pm you. your mailbox is full?

Anyway, i can put it here. i got my appeal cos i told hdb why i need to buy a flat, which was because i got no place to stay. And i told them that to rent a flat is too expensive. On top of it, it was oct 2010, and during that time, everyone knows election would be 2011 so i think it makes a difference to hdb to be "generous" during that time.

Edited by May_dream1