Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Butoot

How To Rescue My Marble Dining Table? Thanks For Advice!

Hi

Recently I used a new green wool and GIF detergent to clean the surface of my dining table which is white marble. I was horrified later to see many many fine scratches that now refuse to go away no matter what I do.

Really heart pain to see the blur surface of my table everytime my family sit down to eat.

Is there a solution for this, besides buying a new table? The table cost us more than a thousand 4 years ago.

I have tried various marble polishers from DIY shops etc but to no avail.

I am thinking of getting one of those grinding machines used by professional marble polishers who do marble floors. But I am lookinhg for a small portable one that I can use on my dining table and some spots of my marble floor. Is such a machine availabe in Singapore?

Thanks a zillion for your kind advice!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi

Recently I used a new green wool and GIF detergent to clean the surface of my dining table which is white marble. I was horrified later to see many many fine scratches that now refuse to go away no matter what I do.

Really heart pain to see the blur surface of my table everytime my family sit down to eat.

Is there a solution for this, besides buying a new table? The table cost us more than a thousand 4 years ago.

I have tried various marble polishers from DIY shops etc but to no avail.

I am thinking of getting one of those grinding machines used by professional marble polishers who do marble floors. But I am lookinhg for a small portable one that I can use on my dining table and some spots of my marble floor. Is such a machine availabe in Singapore?

Thanks a zillion for your kind advice!

Dear Butoot,

Just my two-cents worth of thought.

I think that the people who do marble polishing or solid tops would be able to help. I don't know where you could buy the grinding machine, but it is more than having a machine. Skill is important as well. Perhaps you could contact your ID, or look out for IDs who are doing renovations in the vicinity, and see if one is willing to help you by engaging his/her marble or solid top people.

Cheers!

I agree with Lauer. Using a machine also requires different grade (course to fine to finest?) of emery pads to sand with water. I know how you feel bcos a part of my white slab marble flooring (2 months old only :jawdrop: ) are already matt :( . It was stained with some wood paint by some contractors during rebuilding and to get back the whiteness, they (not the marble polisher) used bleach and sand paper to 'clean' :furious: it. I learned to accept it unless I engage the polisher to re-polish the whole house again.

Btw, my mum also own a white marble dining table top for decades. Of course after years of 'abuse' (staining/rolling pastries/eating off it), it is matt now :P . But somehow I thought it looks very nice. Full of character and many stories :paint: and history packed with it :). Oops! Sorry! This may not be what you want to hear :P, just ignore it. Hope you find a solution. :yamseng: