Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
slyphy

Our New Route...em

can u advise me how to combine the HTS together with ID and electrician ? do i tell the ID that i will have an HTS than he will plan the layout of the tv feature wall ? or do i look for a HTS first than with the HTS consultant's design , show it to the ID ?

what i need is a tv feature wall which can effectively hide all the cables but also provide good access to them should there be upgrades or whatsoever

can u please advise how to go about doing that ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

can u advise me how to combine the HTS together with ID and electrician ? do i tell the ID that i will have an HTS than he will plan the layout of the tv feature wall ? or do i look for a HTS first than with the HTS consultant's design , show it to the ID ?

what i need is a tv feature wall which can effectively hide all the cables but also provide good access to them should there be upgrades or whatsoever

can u please advise how to go about doing that ?

Hi Enhanzed, from my experience...first I engaged a ID..got my TV feature wall 3D ready...of coz u must let yr ID know u will be havng a HTS....then i started looking for HTS. During purchase, the HTS Salesman did ask me if I have any ID to design my hse, then he told me he can liaise direct with my ID. So I linked them up and they started meeting up and communicate. The HTS Salesman very experience, he even sketch out the design when we share with him our 3D drawing for the TV Feature wall. I juz tell them i want every cable to be hidden and the HTS salesman will propose his idea...once both my ID & me accepted...next my ID will arrange a meetup with the electrician & HTS Salesman to discuss on the detail of laying the cable and when/who need to start their job...

So which system did u purchased?

i haven purchase any system yet ...i need to know how to go about designing the feature wall 1st

in fact ...i haven even look for ID yet~!~! :help:

and im getting keys in 2 days time

btw can share your HTS salesman ? im not an audiophile ...just need good bass and surround sound with good looking satellite speakers ( dun want floor standing)

TV Feature Wall…in progress…

Today...ID, Electrician & HTS guys gona meet up to finalize the detail of wall mounting the HTS, TV etc...

tvfeaturewallatlivingro.jpg

Hi Slyphy

Just wondering how about the wire management, are the wires exposed or concealed behind the feature wall (in the storage room).. Can show the behind of your feature wall? Actually, I have a similar feature wall concept like yours. TIA!

i haven purchase any system yet ...i need to know how to go about designing the feature wall 1st

in fact ...i haven even look for ID yet~!~! :help:

and im getting keys in 2 days time

btw can share your HTS salesman ? im not an audiophile ...just need good bass and surround sound with good looking satellite speakers ( dun want floor standing)

I've pm'ed you the ctc detail....

Hi Slyphy

Just wondering how about the wire management, are the wires exposed or concealed behind the feature wall (in the storage room).. Can show the behind of your feature wall? Actually, I have a similar feature wall concept like yours. TIA!

Hi Polar...all the wired concealed...I will try to take pics and sow you if i can...I don't like to see wire hanging anywhere...i want it neat.

Hi Polar...all the wired concealed...I will try to take pics and sow you if i can...I don't like to see wire hanging anywhere...i want it neat.

Looking at your previous posts on the TV feature wall, I realised that you built a concrete wall to construct the store room and used carpentary on the same wall to create the TV feature wall. Is there any special reason for doing so? For myself, I merely used the TV feature wall cum cabinet to seperate the living and store room to save cost..

Looking at your previous posts on the TV feature wall, I realised that you built a concrete wall to construct the store room and used carpentary on the same wall to create the TV feature wall. Is there any special reason for doing so? For myself, I merely used the TV feature wall cum cabinet to seperate the living and store room to save cost..

We are going to use a solid surface for wall mount our TV & HTS speaker. The solid surface is rather heavy & ID adv better to have concrete wall for better support instead of partition wall.

Edited by slyphy

Hi Slyphy, your glass panel for staircase look really nice and elegant! Is the flooring parquet or laminate wood? How much does it cost u to do the whole staircase?

Edited by potatoes

Hi Polar...here's the pics showing the concealed cable...

hiddencableatstorageroo.jpg

Hi Slyphy, your glass panel for staircase look really nice and elegant! Is the flooring parquet or laminate wood? How much does it cost u to do the whole staircase?

Hi Potatoes, Thanks for appreciating the design :yamseng:

Yes, the flooring is parquet fr ex-owner. This is the only area that we remain as the parquet is still in good condition and ID say no need to waste $$$ changing.

The cost fo the glass panel cost $5.8K, this is not completed yet as there will be wood at the railing handle area a we felt that it's safer for kids & elderly this way.

Went up to see the progress last nite and took some more pics to share.

Some progress of the TV Feature Wall...Finally the solid surface is up...

tvfeaturewall3.jpg

tvfeaturewall2.jpg

tvfeaturewall1.jpg

Hidden Cable at storage room behind the tv feature wall.

hiddencableatstorageroo.jpg

Edited by slyphy