Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edea

What's Wrong With My Ceiling?

I have moved into my place in punggol for about 20 months.

Quite a few months back, we suddenly realized that there was spots and patches on our ceiling in the master bedroom and the one next to it. We thought it was pipe leakage or something. But it was not damp and could be wiped off with cloth.

But as the month progress, it became worse and spread through the whole ceiling of the 2 rooms.

We are not sure if this is due to dust trapped or moulds or leakage.

My ceiling looks like that now.

Ceiling

Master Bedroom Ceiling

Anyone knows whats wrong?? Looks horrible!!

Should I just paint over it?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Quite a few months back, we suddenly realized that there was spots and patches on our ceiling in the master bedroom and the one next to it. We thought it was pipe leakage or something. But it was not damp and could be wiped off with cloth.

But as the month progress, it became worse and spread through the whole ceiling of the 2 rooms.

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Looks like mould, what paint did u use? Does it have anti-mold or mold-resistant?

hmm.. I am not too sure...

Got the Interior Design to settle with painter back then.

So I should get anti mold or mold resistant paint next time, i guess??

Ceiling

Master Bedroom Ceiling

Good day Edea,

There must be a moisture source in your home that is making the mold reproduces,

Do you hang your clothes indoor? Do you close the bathroom door after showers? Are you living below the 6th floor? ....etc

Painting over mold will be one of the worst things to do, as it will regrow really soon.

Anyway, we have have mold photos in our Singapore website www.evdisinfection.com

Good day Edea,

There must be a moisture source in your home that is making the mold reproduces,

Do you hang your clothes indoor? Do you close the bathroom door after showers? Are you living below the 6th floor? ....etc

Painting over mold will be one of the worst things to do, as it will regrow really soon.

Anyway, we have have mold photos in our Singapore website www.evdisinfection.com

Hi EV-Disinfection, can PM your service charges? Can't seem to find any info on the website. Thks!

Good day Edea,

Ya. I stay on the 3rd floor and we usually leave our bathroom door open after shower.

So what do u suggest we do??

Ya. I stay on the 3rd floor and we usually leave our bathroom door open after shower.

So what do u suggest we do??

Hi,

If you want to get rid of the mould, you may want to consider using Fungicide or Anti Fungus solution from Nippon or ICI Dulux. It is available in 5 litre per can for $18 from Power-J Trading Pte Ltd next to Aljunied MRT station.

Hi,

If you want to get rid of the mould, you may want to consider using Fungicide or Anti Fungus solution from Nippon or ICI Dulux. It is available in 5 litre per can for $18 from Power-J Trading Pte Ltd next to Aljunied MRT station.

Thanks for the advise.

I have checked with a contractor. He say no nid to remove the mould. he will just apply solvent base sealer and apply mouldguard paint.

He say it's extra work to remove the mould. He say no guarantee the mould won't come back. He say he cant even promise me 6mth -1 yr warranty...

But we should remove the mould first before painting over right?? hmmm...

I dun wan a slipshot work and have the mould haunting me within months again.

call jurong town council is useless. outside corridor bar wall got green Fungus. 1st unit indian hang their wet clothes outside. 3rd floor family must be from poor family, 3rd floor lobby like small jungle ganaguni. i should take picture to show everyone.

Hi,

Sorry to hijack your thread. I do have the same problem with yours. Exactly the same 'form' of ceiling and walls in my house. I'm thinking of getting someone to help me repaint it. Appreciate any help, please.

Thanks.

Ceiling

Master Bedroom Ceiling

It is mold. Be very careful with it as it could damage your health very badly by just sleeping in that room. Without risk of sounding like a scripted reply, if you have read my other posts, I think you know what I will recommend already without further delay.

If the mold is only appearing on your ceiling and not your walls, I suspect your neighbours above loves to swtich on the aircon the whole day/night until it cause your ceiling to be cold enough to create condensation.

Very soon, you will find little wingless bugs crawing all over your ceiling feasting on the mold. It seems that mold is becoming a major problem EVERYWHERE in Singapore, dunno why. Even my 2 month old spanking new office with aircon switched on the whole day is having mold problem. Seldom heard of such problems indoor 5 years ago, never had it in all my previous homes as well. Maybe bad new apartment design. Too congested and lack natural wind flowing through the apartments.

Edited by Topspin

Hi,

do u have contact no? do they open on sunday? free delivery?

can hdb allow to install kdk ventilation fan in toilet?

i buy nippon odour-less easywash paint and ask sub-con to paint for me. i never engage another painter quote using nippon paint for $1500 for hdb 3rm flat

Edited by dean