Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
petetherock

An Audiophile's Mid Century Home

My console, made from solid mahogany wood.

From Lifestyle 2010. It's custom made, and I gave them the design, and they will take 6-8 weeks to make it. There is a T5 tube behind it to allow me to see my cables and the rear of the amplifiers.

IMG_3121.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My study:

IMG_3134.jpg

The stuff is from Ikea, except for the clothes rack. I got my contractor to get a pair from the commercial clothing stores. Will use part of the study as my walk in wardrobe.

Billy overhead shelving and Liatorp desk.

IMG_3135.jpg

Uplight using a simple T5 tube.

nice reno u got there. however, please be wary of the inferior quality of IKEA's cheap furniture. i had bad experience in just ten weeks after installation. the edges started developing ugly hairline cracks. i called them up to take back their stuff and give me a refund.

Well firstly, the more plugs the merrier! Whatever you think you need, double that!

And these plugs come in pairs anyway.

In case anyone wants to have a look, I will be doing some calibration of my system this Saturday am...

If you are keen, pm me with your contact and introduce yourself, and I will reply you.

Thanks for the kind invite...

I think I managed to get to the shop that sells the gold plated MK but the ones they offer are with lights? Are they good for audio?

I am only running 2.0 setup. 1 pre, 1 Cdp, 1 power amp. How many dedicted line do I need? How many sockets?

Many thanks.

Demo session confirmed on the 10 Dec in the mid morning period...

And I will get my carpet out this Saturday and get the initial sound calibration done... More later on when my Eames chair comes.

I assembled most of the hi fi myself, and I did the wall design, layout etc myself too.

What my contractor helped me with was the proportions of the place, the ceiling and the position of the lights plus the installation.

I sourced for the furniture, fixtures and of course all the hi fi related matters.

Using dedicated power lines is one way of helping with the purity of the signal and for audiophiles, that's one way of eking the best of your sound system. If you are on a budget, I would not advise this, but instead buy the best TV, sound system you can first.

But it's much harder to add frills like this later on, or even use inferior cables for the surround cables only to realise that you want to upgrade them later on. Make that decision part of your overall budget and just do it!