Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
schiz0id

Hdb Summons During Renovations

Hi all,

Just want to find out if anyone has been so unlucky as to be issued a summons by HDB or Town Council because a fellow resident complained about lift being dirtied by your contractors? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

Just want to find out if anyone has been so unlucky as to be issued a summons by HDB or Town Council because a fellow resident complained about lift being dirtied by your contractors? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

happened to you?

happened to you?

Not yet.

HDB TO came to my place and told me that someone complained that my contractor dirtied the lift. But I told the TO that there are so many houses doing renovations using that lift (4 to be exact), how he knows it's mine. :angry:

Apparently, that dude wanna complain to MP. And when that happens, they will investigate and if really they think it's my house, HDB will issue summons.

So just trying to find out what happens when the summons is issued.

Get back to the ID/ contractor you've engaged with. My pov is that is their negligence for not able to keep the place clean.

Yup, already informed ID. I already told him i'm not going to pay any fine. That's not my problem.

What i'm most worried about is whether there's a suspension period where no renovation works can be done. I'm 2 weeks away from moving in and lots more to be done. I can't afford any suspension of time.... Sigh........

I understand your concerns..

It is the best that your id and the workers should do the cleaning now.. making sure nothing rubbish left in the public areas and clean up the area outside your house.

This is to Be Prepared.

I understand your concerns..

It is the best that your id and the workers should do the cleaning now.. making sure nothing rubbish left in the public areas and clean up the area outside your house.

This is to Be Prepared.

Honestly, there is no rubbish left around at all in the public areas and even outside my corridor. Ever since we started renovations, none of the subcon has left rubbish outside the house.

The complaint was that the lift was dirty cos of the plaster powder that comes off our shoes? And it's not a lot at that...

I'm quite upset that we are being pinpointed when there are other renovation works going on too. And to top it off, we are also having lift upgrading. There's bound to be dust and wateva around.

My question is.. Why us?

Just upset about the whole thing. Thanks for letting me vent here. Argh!

well.. maybe the neighbours are taking the opportunity to complain to MP due to they may not be happy with the lift upgrading, very dirty, as my place is also under LUP, noisy dirty noisy dusty

I also understand, coz now i am also doing my reno, no hacking on my master bedroom wall & floor nor plastering coz overlay, only the master toilet hacked.

However, my neighbour, next to my master bedroom wall, complained to HDB TO that her house wall cracked, my id told the TO we did not do any hacking in the master bedroom area what can her house wall (bdroom and storeroom) cracked. The TO say just do her a favour, what can we do? We went over to her house, true enough the master bedroom wall cracked, peel off, same as her storeroom.

MY ID. out of goodwill, will be plastering for her FOC, actually the wall last painted was 8 - 10 years. anyway, sometimes it just happened. therefore, renovation not easy ah! :bleah:

well.. maybe the neighbours are taking the opportunity to complain to MP due to they may not be happy with the lift upgrading, very dirty, as my place is also under LUP, noisy dirty noisy dusty

I also understand, coz now i am also doing my reno, no hacking on my master bedroom wall & floor nor plastering coz overlay, only the master toilet hacked.

However, my neighbour, next to my master bedroom wall, complained to HDB TO that her house wall cracked, my id told the TO we did not do any hacking in the master bedroom area what can her house wall (bdroom and storeroom) cracked. The TO say just do her a favour, what can we do? We went over to her house, true enough the master bedroom wall cracked, peel off, same as her storeroom.

MY ID. out of goodwill, will be plastering for her FOC, actually the wall last painted was 8 - 10 years. anyway, sometimes it just happened. therefore, renovation not easy ah! :bleah:

Thanks for sharing, Nellynutt.

Sigh... Indeed, it's really not easy. Renovations is like really a serious migraine that won't go away.

I also don't know what to say. I can only say I'm blessed with good next-door neighbours and nice neighbours upstairs and downstairs. The dude who complained is living many floors above me.

I'm just hoping and praying I can continue reno works the next 2 weeks. That's all. :)

Edited by schiz0id

I will also pray for you. Dont worry and everything will be smoothly goes thru.

Edited by Nellynutt

I will also pray for you. Dont worry and everything will be smoothly goes thru.

Thanks nellynutt! You're so nice.

Hope your renovations goes smoothly too! :)

Probably met some anal neighbors, hopefully everything will work out well.

Maybe can take pic (with time stamp and date) to prove that everything was cleared up after reno works of the day.

Edited by Super555

Probably met some anal neighbors, hopefully everything will work out well.

Maybe can take pic (with time stamp and date) to prove that everything was cleared up after reno works of the day.

Oh good idea, Super555! :good:

I will most definitely do that since i'm there everyday in the evening! Thanks! ;)

but if u see u from another angle. Your unit will not have people loitering or someone pee at the stairs as there are neighbours who are hawk eye surveillance for the entire block.

but if u see u from another angle. Your unit will not have people loitering or someone pee at the stairs as there are neighbours who are hawk eye surveillance for the entire block.

That's a nice way of seeing him. I wish he'd leave his hawking reserved for outsiders... :P

The lift is dirty again today. But none of my contractors are working today. I'd love to see who he's going to point fingers at.