Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
almonds

Progressive Payment And Variation Order

Guys - can i seek your opinion on this please.

Based on contract, we're supposed to pay our ID progressively 20-40-30-10 (final 10% after rectifications)

So far we have paid the first 60%. Due to changes in our quotation, our original quote of say, $50k, has dropped to around $47k maybe. Is it reasonable for us to request for a variation order before making the next 30% payment? Because if we were to pay 30% based on original quotation, my supposed remaining 10% hostage will effectively drop from $5k to $2k, which I'm afraid the ID would view as negligible hence take his own sweet time to complete rectifications.

Any advice pls?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Guys - can i seek your opinion on this please.

Based on contract, we're supposed to pay our ID progressively 20-40-30-10 (final 10% after rectifications)

So far we have paid the first 60%. Due to changes in our quotation, our original quote of say, $50k, has dropped to around $47k maybe. Is it reasonable for us to request for a variation order before making the next 30% payment? Because if we were to pay 30% based on original quotation, my supposed remaining 10% hostage will effectively drop from $5k to $2k, which I'm afraid the ID would view as negligible hence take his own sweet time to complete rectifications.

Any advice pls?

Thanks!

The contract allows a retention of 10% until successful handover, so you could retain the $4.7K.

In other words, the next payment should be $(47K - 30K - 4.7K) = $12.3K, where $50K x 60% gives you the $30K.

Cheers!

Thanks for your reply Lauer!

Problem is, not sure if the final cost is $47k. Could be more/less, hence wondering if its reasonable to insist the ID on providing a variation order to see final cost before paying the 30%

Thanks for your reply Lauer!

Problem is, not sure if the final cost is $47k. Could be more/less, hence wondering if its reasonable to insist the ID on providing a variation order to see final cost before paying the 30%

Nothing reasonable or unreasonable about asking for the VO details.

Don't think too much.

Cheers!

Edited by Lauer