Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enrisa

Need Help With Kitchen Cabinet - Can Repair On My Own?

6367837907_e6aa205aef.jpg

Hi, not sure if anyone has such a problem but my cabinet above needs to be held on each time I open to take stuff from the cabinet. The metal mechanism that supports both side doesn't seem to be working where it's suppose to hold the glass up each time we flip it. So I now resort to using one hand to hold and another to take the stuff or use my head to support the cabinet door while i use both hands to load/unload stuff -__-

Any idea on to how to fix it on my own and where I can get the parts? Or do I need a contractor/handyman for this? (this was inherited from previous owner when we bought it as it was quite new then). The sides are also quite sharp so I'm trying to see if there's a way to protect the corners before someone's eyes get jabbed!

If a contractor/handyman is needed wld greatly appreciate some contacts as I also need to get some power points installed in my home.

Do let me know. Thanks in advance!

Edited by enrisa

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

6367837907_e6aa205aef.jpg

Hi, not sure if anyone has such a problem but my cabinet above needs to be held on each time I open to take stuff from the cabinet. The metal mechanism that supports both side doesn't seem to be working where it's suppose to hold the glass up each time we flip it. So I now resort to using one hand to hold and another to take the stuff or use my head to support the cabinet door while i use both hands to load/unload stuff -__-

If a contractor/handyman is needed wld greatly appreciate some contacts as I also need to get some power points installed in my home.

Do let me know. Thanks in advance!

Hi Enrisa

i'm wondering if you were able to find soneone to do this? I have the EXACT same problem. The main difficlty I have replacing them is that the screws that hold them in place seem almost impossible to get access to, so either I'm really stupid or I don't have the right tools.

Thanks!

You loosen, not the screw mounting the stay to the cupboard. It it the fastening of the stays to the mounting bracket.

Edited by gladyslim

hi,

thanks for all your reply and recommendation. i finally know what that metal thing is called -- as odd as it may sound -- cabinet gas stay or sometimes just 'stays'.

shanghai tong lee sells them but they asked me for the measurement of my cupboard and also what model number. i only saw 150N so far but i'll need to remeasure it again to see. hope i don't break it in the meantime.

i'm still trying to see if i can fix the corners as it's really sharp and one day someone's eye is bound to be poked out with the corner when someone else is opening it.

Use a fine metal file to smoothen the edges of the alumn.

Hold both end of the file and run it along the edges of the alumn; i.e "T"

U won't get a smooth finishing if the file is not 90degree to the alumn.