Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MetalTab

Pest Control Contract - Any Recommendation?

Am new to landed property.

Renting a place and I have to take up a pest control contract.

Called 2 companies -

company A says guaranteed against ants, rats, cockroaches; comes once in 2 months - $900/yr

company B says no guarantee; cover mosquito, cockroaches, ants, rats, termites; comes monthly $960+GST

Would anyone have any company/contacts to recommend?

Thank you!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Am new to landed property.

Renting a place and I have to take up a pest control contract.

Called 2 companies -

company A says guaranteed against ants, rats, cockroaches; comes once in 2 months - $900/yr

company B says no guarantee; cover mosquito, cockroaches, ants, rats, termites; comes monthly $960+GST

Would anyone have any company/contacts to recommend?

Thank you!

I have just enquired from a few companies last few days. Depending on the size of your house n the kind of pests you want to control. I got a few quotes for comparison.

1) SB Pest Control seems to be easy going n cheaper. I saw my neighbour used them to spray mozzies.

2) Killem Pest Control price not bad.

3) I have decided to use Rentokil Initial though it may cost a little more. Simply bcos they were quite pro, efficient in replying to my queries and even gave on site non-obligatory inspection almost immediately after my phone call ( they happened to be free).

There were some companies quoted me some out-of-the-range prices n I was puzzled n suspect if they really wanted to do my biz.

I have just enquired from a few companies last few days. Depending on the size of your house n the kind of pests you want to control. I got a few quotes for comparison.

1) SB Pest Control seems to be easy going n cheaper. I saw my neighbour used them to spray mozzies.

2) Killem Pest Control price not bad.

3) I have decided to use Rentokil Initial though it may cost a little more. Simply bcos they were quite pro, efficient in replying to my queries and even gave on site non-obligatory inspection almost immediately after my phone call ( they happened to be free).

There were some companies quoted me some out-of-the-range prices n I was puzzled n suspect if they really wanted to do my biz.

Thank you SiSi; will be checking out both SB and Killem... hopefully a better package than what the initial 2 companies have quoted...

Hi All, wondering what's ur experience with the pest control companies so far...I need to engage one soon & got a quote from Rentokil at promo price of 3.2k & another company that's 800 cheaper. Same warranty of 5 yrs for both.

Is there really a difference in effectiveness of the chemicals they use?

Hi All, wondering what's ur experience with the pest control companies so far...I need to engage one soon & got a quote from Rentokil at promo price of 3.2k & another company that's 800 cheaper. Same warranty of 5 yrs for both.

Is there really a difference in effectiveness of the chemicals they use?

Me would also be engaging one soon (in a few mths' time). Thus, would like to check what are the rates like?

Also, what about termites control on landed properties?

Thansk!

if the cockroaches are flying kind, how to guarantee?

I got problem with flying cockroaches, flying dragonflies, flying greyish blue bugs (50cents size) and my dear MIL say "CANNOT KILL" so everytime i shut her in the kitchen or room with the bugs and she just sweep it out of the room. And of coz they'll fly back in few days later...

Me would also be engaging one soon (in a few mths' time). Thus, would like to check what are the rates like?

Also, what about termites control on landed properties?

Thansk!

Hi shmj, I only took the anti-termite treatment contract, it doesn't include other pests...if that's what you're looking at, I can pm the Rentokil contact to u. I paid ard 3k after credit card discount, includes inspection & on the spot treatment if termites are found as well as 1.5 days of drilling the treatment into the ground. Mine's a terrace btw.

The other quote I got is using a different chemical & costs 2.5k. Can give u that contact as well.

Hi,

I am also new to landed property. Will be getting my keys in Aug. Is pest control really a must?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am also new to landed property. Will be getting my keys in Aug. Is pest control really a must?

Thanks.

Hi, its not mandated by the govt, but i've been advised to & I didn't want to take any chances cos remedies aft reno is more cumbersome.

Hi shmj, I only took the anti-termite treatment contract, it doesn't include other pests...if that's what you're looking at, I can pm the Rentokil contact to u. I paid ard 3k after credit card discount, includes inspection & on the spot treatment if termites are found as well as 1.5 days of drilling the treatment into the ground. Mine's a terrace btw.

The other quote I got is using a different chemical & costs 2.5k. Can give u that contact as well.

Hi! Would really appreciate it if you could PM me the contacts. Thanks alot. :)

What makes you choose Rentokill over the other quote?

Hi! Would really appreciate it if you could PM me the contacts. Thanks alot. :)

What makes you choose Rentokill over the other quote?

Hi, I've pm-ed u. :)

Hi, its not mandated by the govt, but i've been advised to & I didn't want to take any chances cos remedies aft reno is more cumbersome.

So are we supposed to do this before or after the renovation?