Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chling

Minimalist Home @ Farrer Gardens

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Chling, wahhhh....Did u say your delivery was 2am? I didnt know they have night delivery though I have order furniture from star living at Upp Thomson branch.

yeah..the time range given was between 10pm-4am due to the festive period crunch. I'm not sure whether they have night delivery on normal days, but they definitely did come at 2am and also gave me a call about an hour before to make sure I'm still available to open the door for them.

I think overall the experience of purchasing at Star Living is a good one for me. Besides the timely delivery as promised, I also like the fact that they are quite transparent about their prices as well.

Been to so many furniture shops but they are one of the few that actually display the prices of their furniture prominently, and there's a formula for them to adhere to in calculating whether they can lower the prices. It's really much better than those "quote and haggle" type of salesperson in other furniture shops whereby you really dunno you are chopped carrot or not and how much lower should you negotiate for after the initial quote.

Me too!! I got my furniture from Star Furniture from Thomson branch.

haha they're able to deliver what they promised, I like them. I got mine from the IFC at Sungei Kadut though, after browsing through the various furniture shops there.

Am really glad I managed to avoid some of those shops that have a bad reputation online, though some of their designs are not bad.

Mine mostly glossy white furniture except the bed. I changed my delivery date via email and so far they are quite responsive though they need to improve their system. I received 4 to 5 calls caldron different persons over the change. Hopefully the quality is good.

Hi!

I'm new here! Saw your t-blog and liked your all-white theme! Can you send me your ID details and your quote? Thanks!

Hi! Have sent you a PM. Good luck in comparing the reno quotations. It was not that straightforward due to the differing level of details and organisation of items written in the quote by different companies.

Do make sure you are making an apple-to-apple comparison for the price to make sense and the best way to do this is to engage them directly and get them to quote you for the exact specifications requirements you need e.g. if you are looking for AC4 quality laminate flooring or cost pfr or area for carpentry and types of laminates etc.

Good luck!

Minimalist Mood Lighting

Minimalism theme can sometimes look dull or plain and it is difficult to bring out the room ambience. One way we did for the living room is to inject the use of ambientic mood lighting or soft indirect lights to try and create different mood ambience. Combination of minimalism and mood lighting.

Minimalist Black TV on White Minimalist Feature Wall

Added the 2 side stools with storage at the side of the sofa to double as side tables. Snacks and accessories like tissue papers can be kept in them.

They can also double up as stools for my dining table when there are many guests.

I especially love the full black of the TV siting on the white of the wall, complemented by the black console in the middle.

minimalisttv.jpg

Blue minimalist mood lighting

The square ceiling cove lights forms a symbiotic balance with the square feature wall lights to illuminate the room in a cool blue hue.

minimalistmoodlightingb.jpg

Orange minimalist mood lighting

Orange hue to create a warmer feel to the room

minimalistmoodlightingo.jpg

Green minimalist mood lighting

Create the eerie ghost house effect at night ;p

minimalistmoodlightingg.jpg

This gives abit of depth into my living room...the use of RGB LED to add colours to my all white theme.

Minimalistic plain jane in the day....colorful chiongster at night ;p

What do you think?

Minimalist Mood Lighting

Alternate view from dining table. The light cubes double up as stools for the dining table or can be placed in front of the sofa as coffee tables

View of the dining tables and light cubes. They can glow in the same hue as my ceiling cove and feature wall.

minimalistdining.jpg

View from my dining table wall

minimalistmoodlighting2.jpg

White Air-Purifier / Night-light

Received another item for the house in the form of a minimalist air purifier for the baby...and doubles up as a night-light in the room as well...

P40-P60-P80.jpg

Minimalist Mood Lighting

Alternate view from dining table. The light cubes double up as stools for the dining table or can be placed in front of the sofa as coffee tables

View of the dining tables and light cubes. They can glow in the same hue as my ceiling cove and feature wall.

minimalistdining.jpg

View from my dining table wall

minimalistmoodlighting2.jpg

Wow very cool theme and it looks so different with and without the lights!

I like how your items are so versatile. Can you send me the contacts for the led lights? Thanks!

Wow very cool theme and it looks so different with and without the lights!

I like how your items are so versatile. Can you send me the contacts for the led lights? Thanks!

Thanks the lights can be dimmed too which really helps to create the right ambience. I have PMed you the contact, good luck!

One of the things to the minimalist theme is to have as little things as possible so it's we try to have multi functional stuff and lots a storage to hide things away.

Edited by chling

Like Like Like!!

Thanks pinkwhale..hopefully we can maintain it this way going forward :good:

A lot of people telling me tat maintenance won't be easy :sport-smiley-003: