Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chling

Minimalist Home @ Farrer Gardens

That is my one and only toilet..we wanted it to look more spacious that's why we hacked the hall :D

We wanted a longish vanity top which is why we shifted it over to the wall...and also initially we wanted the entrance area--vanity--toilet-bowl to be dry while restricting the wet area to just the shower area with the shower screen.

We did explore quite a few different configurations before we ended up where we were..we never did think about the possibility of a bath tub though..that's a nice idea! :good:

Yeah, we always want a bath-tub in our toilet, but, I think both my common and MBR toilet combine together = your toilet. But HDB won't allow us to hack the wall and combine the toilet.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Chling, could I know the price of your white bedroom doors pls? :dribble:

Hi Piknik

The doors are what we inherited from the prev owner. We just painted it white and change the door knobs. My ID advised us against changing the doors as their condition were still quite good. The white door knob was more of a challenge but my source already out of stock...

Yesh!!! Including the display set.

Haha I think I would have taken the display set too if in your shoes. I called up quite a few different hardware shops and it was not easy to find a pure white knob without any design like flowers or strips on the door knob. The other alternative I was considering would be black door knobs.

My ID is Jonathan Ewe or Jon Ewe for short, from Summit Design Studio. I have PMed you his contact.

Good luck in researching and planning for your reno!

Rem to close the door when u are washing clothes... washing machine tends to vibrate more as they age, my old one once vibrate so much while spinning that it "moved" itself off the base! I wasn't around when that happened but my sister was :jawdrop: when that happened. You won't want to buy another door (unless you dun mind). ;)

This washer is really quite silent that we hardly ever noticed that its washing. Same with the vibration...quite minimal. Hope it stays this way as its ages haha

Will take note once it starts showing signs of aging next time...

Used the dryer a few times as well...quite useful. I find it he washing machine worth it at only $799. Have not tried the air wash yet though.

Hi, i really love your house alot. Mind to pm me your contact and your quote? Also, i love the cubes at your dining table as well. Where did you get them from and is it expensive?

Hi, i really love your house alot. Mind to pm me your contact and your quote? Also, i love the cubes at your dining table as well. Where did you get them from and is it expensive?

Hi SzeHui,

Thanks! I have Pmed you my reno costs for the main ID and different sub-contractors. Do let me know if there's anything specific you need or any additional info.

:yamseng:

The expert from Brandt came over to help clean up the stain for the Brandt Induction hob TI607BU1 I bought a couple months ago.

Apparently, having water at the bottom of the wok when you use the hob will leave a white residual stain due to the heating. Had a hard time removing the stains so contacted Brandt for help. They are very responsive and manage to resolve the issue for me.

Great service!

Will take better care of my hob for now..

img7380ms.jpg

Hi chling, read about your Brandt Induction hob TI607BU1 above.

1) May i ask for your review of the Brandt Induction hob TI607BU1?

2) What current rating did you have to install, in order to use it in your flat?

3) Lastly, how's the service of Brandt technical support? I had read on some pages that they are slow in responding and poor after-sales service.

Thanks in advance!

Hi chling, read about your Brandt Induction hob TI607BU1 above.

1) May i ask for your review of the Brandt Induction hob TI607BU1?

2) What current rating did you have to install, in order to use it in your flat?

3) Lastly, how's the service of Brandt technical support? I had read on some pages that they are slow in responding and poor after-sales service.

Thanks in advance!

Have used it a number of times and so far so good. It definitely heats up the wok and food faster than traditional gas stove and have to get used to the different heat settings (range of 12 with boost) for optimal cooking.

Cleaning is a breeze also, but have to remember to clean immediately after cooking so that it's easier to wipe off any water marks or food stains. I have some problem previously cleaning the hob after the stains hardened which I had to contact Brandt to come down to assist.

I requested for my electrician to install a 15A socket for the induction hob. No issue so far, even if power on my fridge, whole house aircon, water heater, PC, TV, it's OK and no short circuit :P Based on my research, this is one of the few 2-zone induction hob that is suitable for HDB based on the power requirements. If you are going for induction hob in your flat, I strongly recommend this model.

Brandt support is friendly, responsive and manage to resolve the issue quickly. I initially emailed them to ask about how best to remove the stains on the hob. They suggested using vinegar and leave overnight. That did not work so I asked if there are other ways. Rather than trial and error, they arranged for their technician to come down to my place to check out the stain and help in the removal.

They came down on a Saturday when I'm not working and was punctual in the appointment. Got a few tips from the guy as well on how to maintain the hob in future. Great service :good:

Pretty cool living area!!!

Almost the real minimalist theme. Like the straight edge clean cut lines of the theme!

Thanks! It's a challenge at times doing a minimalist theme with only 91sqm of space...will be easier if have bigger space to play with. Having lots of storage all over the house helps us to cheat abit by hiding the clutter whenever we can.