Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thejabbox

Anybody Bought Anything From Choong Ying Pte Ltd Is Located At Imm

hi All,

anyone bought anything from this shop before? can to share your experiences??

had a BAD experience with the salesman called Tony!!!

did anyone of you heard of Mulit instant heater which was quoted $360....pls share...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yes, I bought an overpriced Cornell Multi-purpose heater CIS-S100MP from them at $330. After looking at the forum here, think I am overcharged. Moreover, the heater leaked soon after it was installed, and we called the repairman to come and repair. Then after 8 months, the heater spoiled and we have to endure cold showers while waiting for the repairman to come. After the repairman changed the heating element, I noticed that the heater was leaking again. **** irritated by such over-priced lousy product!!!

I had a terrible experience there right form the start. There was this dude called Frankie - he actually spent 2 hrs with me on my selection but when i asked from pricing for everything, he said he misplaced by quotation!

Then there is Teck. He seems like the only guy working there. Super overwhelmed with enquiries.I eventually bought over 10k plus of lights and stuff from there as he was on-the-ball and pricing seems right.

Then headache starts aftre installation - their Bloody Led drivers keep blowing and i have to keep going back. n fact i had been back there more than 10 times, often for the same stuff which is deemed repaired. Had asked for replacement - Teck just say keep coming back and we ill fix for you if spoilt (as long as under 1 year)...

Overall - I will ask all to avoid at all cost... unless you have tons of time going back to replace your lights.

AAvoid Choong Ying Pte Ltd AT ALL COST. I bought a ceiling fan from a shop along Balestier Road (the agent) in Jan 2012 and after a year, I was having problems with the fan (fan speed 2 and 3 were similar, speed 3 seemed to have slowed down). I called up Choon Ying Pte Ltd (the service centre reflected on the warranty card). Their technican came by to change the capacitor and claimed that my remote control was faulty. We changed both and paid almost $150 in total. A day later, we had problems with the lights on our ceiling fan and called them again to fix the lights. They wanted us to pay for service call visit. I refused. After much negotiation, the technician came by to fix the remote control, claiming that some configuration in the new remote control had caused the lights to turn on by itself.

About 3 months later, the entire ceiling fan stopped working completely. I called them again to fix it and once again, I refused to pay for the service call visit. They came by, tried to fix it. This time, I told them to remove the remote control function to prevent more problems with the ceiling fan. Two months later, I called them again as I was experiencing the first problem again (speed 2 and 3 were similar and speed 3 seemed to have slowed down). The boss agreed to arrange for a technician to swing by to look but the technician did not turn up. When I called to ask, I realized that they had FORGOTTEN to arrange for a house call. The boss then tried to pass the problem back to the agent Balestier, claiming that I should have turned to them for servicing instead (WTH!? !!).

She hung up the phone on me after she promises to get the agent to call me. I am furious. And am entertaining the thought of lodging a complaint at CASE.

I truly tried to be reasonable and cordial during my dealings with them. But they really infuriate me. Please do not buy any item which will need you to deal with this company.

Edited by Padi

On 12/21/2019 at 6:34 PM, JohnnyT said:

Bot a fan spare part for $30 from choong ying but my electrician says it is only $4 . He was very shocked . Just writing to warn some 

Edited by Maxosi