Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SnOOpy

Clementi buddies

hiya chixchix!

Seems like we are quite close to each other! Mind if i ask how much rental income u r charging?? I have also applied for 5-room and aiming for high floors too =) Lets hope we will get a good queue number when come to selection. Btw, HDB will issue us the ballot number before end of this year right?

Hi Icy & Chixchix,

I hope u all get a good queue no. this coming selection. Mine was 30+ flr at clementi central. My selection date was middle of selection days so got only facing west to choose, facing east only low floors, I dun want. Luckly those facing west the sun will be block by the slab block (flats on top of new shopping centre), if I choose sightly lower floor then not so hot lor.

Icy, I intend to stay in my new flat for the rest of my life with my family. I got no intention to sell, cos very convenient leh to stay in clementi.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ya lor, it take soooooo loooong to build. Today, i c the point blk they build up to 21 storeys. I check with the guard the slab building will be up by early next year. I saw one shop for sale at the pt blk, TOP 31 Dec 2010. I got a feeling that it should be ready by end of 2010. Maybe we can get our key early 2011 ? BTW I got the pt blk 30+ storey and u ?

Hi,

sori 4 e late reply as i almost forget abt the posting since this forum is quite 'dead'... my selection date was on the 6th day of the 11 days... i've chosen a 4rm at slab blk since the point blk was all taken by my selection date... ive kept a track on the available floors now.. only 8-10th floors are available at point blk (same also for the slab blk). mine will be on the 27th floor (although i had the chance to select the 40th floor, i didnt and now i REGRET!)... guess i cant do anything but just live with it. Yeah think the point blk residents can move in earlier than slab blk... the underground works is taking such a super long time man!

Hi,

sori 4 e late reply as i almost forget abt the posting since this forum is quite 'dead'... my selection date was on the 6th day of the 11 days... i've chosen a 4rm at slab blk since the point blk was all taken by my selection date... ive kept a track on the available floors now.. only 8-10th floors are available at point blk (same also for the slab blk). mine will be on the 27th floor (although i had the chance to select the 40th floor, i didnt and now i REGRET!)... guess i cant do anything but just live with it. Yeah think the point blk residents can move in earlier than slab blk... the underground works is taking such a super long time man!

Is ok, as long as I can see u relying, I am oreli happy.

Me also got kept track records of the available floors just after the balloting ex from 4-17th Jul 06. My records for pt blk 4rm 6-10th flrs n 5rm 10-22th flrs (face west only). For the slab blk, 4rm 9-14th flrs n 3rms 9,21-27th, 31-38th flrs for some units only. I heard from my neighbour tat some applicants re-select their units, change from 4rms to 5ms due to balance of 5rms available, on the last day of the selections. therefore, my record now may not be correct oredi le :( .

27th flr is still considered high flr, it would be better if you get higher flr, I would not mind taking 39th flr but not 40th flr, cos firstly ppl complain the heat la, ceiling leaking etc., and furthermore, 40 sounds like "si ding" in cantonese. For above 40th, I only like 43th - "si san" or 48th - si fatt" the worst is 46 - "si roll" so I dun tink u should regret ok ! Maybe I very bandan la.

I dun tink HDB allow partial moving in, even if it is completed. The guard told me tat is should be ready my end of 2010. I dunno how true is true, but just hope. Yesterday, I saw pt blk building 22th flrs n the slab blk oredi done the cementing of the 1st flr basement. If you stand at the MRT overhead bridge facing the construction side ,u can see the cement flooring.

Is ok, as long as I can see u relying, I am oreli happy.

Me also got kept track records of the available floors just after the balloting ex from 4-17th Jul 06. My records for pt blk 4rm 6-10th flrs n 5rm 10-22th flrs (face west only). For the slab blk, 4rm 9-14th flrs n 3rms 9,21-27th, 31-38th flrs for some units only. I heard from my neighbour tat some applicants re-select their units, change from 4rms to 5ms due to balance of 5rms available, on the last day of the selections. therefore, my record now may not be correct oredi le :( .

27th flr is still considered high flr, it would be better if you get higher flr, I would not mind taking 39th flr but not 40th flr, cos firstly ppl complain the heat la, ceiling leaking etc., and furthermore, 40 sounds like "si ding" in cantonese. For above 40th, I only like 43th - "si san" or 48th - si fatt" the worst is 46 - "si roll" so I dun tink u should regret ok ! Maybe I very bandan la.

I dun tink HDB allow partial moving in, even if it is completed. The guard told me tat is should be ready my end of 2010. I dunno how true is true, but just hope. Yesterday, I saw pt blk building 22th flrs n the slab blk oredi done the cementing of the 1st flr basement. If you stand at the MRT overhead bridge facing the construction side ,u can see the cement flooring.

Hi,

Wow yr record keeping is quite close to mine... Oh i didnt know that HDB allowed residents to change. I sent an email earlier this year to change fm 4rm to 5rm but it got rejected!

I wonder why the underground work is taking such a long time... Holland enbloc the flats are all up to 30+ storeys and the former Westpeak condo is was just demolished early this year is also up to at least 12 storeys! well better late and good then hurry and sloppy workmanship.

Can i know since you've stayed in this blk for 18yrs+, when did HDB upgrade the doors?

Hi,

Wow yr record keeping is quite close to mine... Oh i didnt know that HDB allowed residents to change. I sent an email earlier this year to change fm 4rm to 5rm but it got rejected!

I wonder why the underground work is taking such a long time... Holland enbloc the flats are all up to 30+ storeys and the former Westpeak condo is was just demolished early this year is also up to at least 12 storeys! well better late and good then hurry and sloppy workmanship.

Can i know since you've stayed in this blk for 18yrs+, when did HDB upgrade the doors?

During the balloting, the HDB staff did informed me tat if I m not satified with the selection now, on the last day of the selection, I can re-register for re-selection again on the next day. U not aware of tat ? How come after 2 yrs then u think of changing?

I remember the HDB did change my main door only to a fire-proof door, but, I cun remember when they change it. Anything about the door ?

During the balloting, the HDB staff did informed me tat if I m not satified with the selection now, on the last day of the selection, I can re-register for re-selection again on the next day. U not aware of tat ? How come after 2 yrs then u think of changing?

I remember the HDB did change my main door only to a fire-proof door, but, I cun remember when they change it. Anything about the door ?

Hi,

I was not told about the re-registration thingy!!! hmmm anyway i wanted to change to a 5rm becoz i need a bigger space now then before.

Oh the current doors.. was juz wondering it is not the original door by HDB when it was built... so if they had upgraded the doors for the blks 436 - 438 then it doesnt matter how HDB selects an estate for SERS.

U mentioned that yr future flat is west facing which will be 'blocked' by the slab blk... what will yr view be then?

Hv u been to see the other completed SERS blks like in Commonwealth, Toa Payoh? the 40 storey views are fantastic.. guess u can see Bt timah fm yr future flat.

I like the design layout of yr point blk... very squarish and rooms all in one corner unlike the slab blks... I intend to hack one of rooms and convert that to living rm and convert the hall to a bedroom.

I really do hope that our future flat will be an icon in terms of looks and set a record in history.. Hopefully the shopping centre will look nice with lots of glass cladding and not concrete!

Btw now our blks seem to have lots of Myanmarese renting.

Hi,

I was not told about the re-registration thingy!!! hmmm anyway i wanted to change to a 5rm becoz i need a bigger space now then before.

Oh the current doors.. was juz wondering it is not the original door by HDB when it was built... so if they had upgraded the doors for the blks 436 - 438 then it doesnt matter how HDB selects an estate for SERS.

U mentioned that yr future flat is west facing which will be 'blocked' by the slab blk... what will yr view be then?

Hv u been to see the other completed SERS blks like in Commonwealth, Toa Payoh? the 40 storey views are fantastic.. guess u can see Bt timah fm yr future flat.

I like the design layout of yr point blk... very squarish and rooms all in one corner unlike the slab blks... I intend to hack one of rooms and convert that to living rm and convert the hall to a bedroom.

I really do hope that our future flat will be an icon in terms of looks and set a record in history.. Hopefully the shopping centre will look nice with lots of glass cladding and not concrete!

Btw now our blks seem to have lots of Myanmarese renting.

BTW HDB did not change ani of the internal doors, if your is not orginal, den i tink the ur previous owner changed it. I heard ppl said, 10 yrs ago, the garment oredi planned b4 hand which flats to en-bloc, but how they select, no ideal. Lucky ours en-bloc earlier, the unsold/resale flat next to the swimming pool now sell at $500k+ (5rm) in the current balloting. Current SERS flat at Tanglin Halt aso $500k+, so xpensive.

My future flat, the living rm n 2 bedrms facing SW, the slab blk block the west side, from the living rm look out I still can have sea view (south direction). From the masterbedrm, as wat u say, I tink, i should be able to see bukit timah hill. Ya, I aso went to see the completed SERS at c'wealth, wa, the views is very nice. Hope tat we can hv a nice view aso in future.

Ya, the layout plan for the pt blk is not bad la. During the selection, I complained to the HDB staff that walking from that kitchen to the toilet is so far. Can I hack down the kitchen hall facing the living rm? She said ok leh. So I intend to hack tat kitchen wall, replace with glass and a two-sliding glass door in the centre, I got this ideal from some of the condo layout. Furthermore, the house will look brighter. Urs, I guess is #13, ur flat will have very good view looking out. May I know y u want 2 convert the hall into a bedrm, I hope u dun mind bcos the living room area near the main door will be dark.

Do u know, once I was coming out of the MRT at clementi, I heard one guy talk to the other pointing at the contruction site, "here build condo ah?" the other guy answer " ya ya ". I just keep quiet and walk out. There are ppl tinking tat our future flats is CONDO u know !!

BTW HDB did not change ani of the internal doors, if your is not orginal, den i tink the ur previous owner changed it. I heard ppl said, 10 yrs ago, the garment oredi planned b4 hand which flats to en-bloc, but how they select, no ideal. Lucky ours en-bloc earlier, the unsold/resale flat next to the swimming pool now sell at $500k+ (5rm) in the current balloting. Current SERS flat at Tanglin Halt aso $500k+, so xpensive.

My future flat, the living rm n 2 bedrms facing SW, the slab blk block the west side, from the living rm look out I still can have sea view (south direction). From the masterbedrm, as wat u say, I tink, i should be able to see bukit timah hill. Ya, I aso went to see the completed SERS at c'wealth, wa, the views is very nice. Hope tat we can hv a nice view aso in future.

Ya, the layout plan for the pt blk is not bad la. During the selection, I complained to the HDB staff that walking from that kitchen to the toilet is so far. Can I hack down the kitchen hall facing the living rm? She said ok leh. So I intend to hack tat kitchen wall, replace with glass and a two-sliding glass door in the centre, I got this ideal from some of the condo layout. Furthermore, the house will look brighter. Urs, I guess is #13, ur flat will have very good view looking out. May I know y u want 2 convert the hall into a bedrm, I hope u dun mind bcos the living room area near the main door will be dark.

Do u know, once I was coming out of the MRT at clementi, I heard one guy talk to the other pointing at the contruction site, "here build condo ah?" the other guy answer " ya ya ". I just keep quiet and walk out. There are ppl tinking tat our future flats is CONDO u know !!

Hi Clement08,

Yes i also heard fm my colleague that her husband heard fm his friend who works in HDB (duno which dept) that her blk will be slated for SERS but that was like 6yrs ago... but still no leh.. in fact her blk is currently undergoing lift upgrading... i think it's a pity to demolish flats that are still in good condition. They shud reduce as much as possible all the hard work put into building a blk which can take as much as 4 yrs!

BTW i've many colleagues who have already been thru SERS - like at Depot Rd, Hillview, Tiong Bahru, Kallang but this year only Commonwealth was announced. guess govt taking it easy otherwise HDB staff can faint with so much work! But then again tats how govt creates money (via CPF for house)

Yes, we are lucky in a sense that after ours was announced, the newer SERS flats are expensive - esp the commonwealth one! but that is still a good location but cant beat our super good location and facility!

Oh so u've also been planning on the renovation needed for yr future house just like me! It's good to know what u want early so it saves the trouble of last minute planning. So yr flat all the windows are bay windows. There was once i saw on tv a flat whose owners made a seat encompassing the whole of their normal window to a bay window... was really nice. i intend to do like that also.

Well my future flats layout will be very tight/small and i want some privacy - so if i convert one of the inner rooms to living room, people/guests wont know the movement of others going out of room and plus think the bedroom will offer a view of the sea. Will need to have good eye to tell ID/renovator to put in light colors to brighten up.

Yeah most people think our future flats area is a condo... quite afew of my colleagues are envious of my 'luck' they also want to get a flat there but i tell them "you've missed the boat".

Have u visited Surbana One's website. They have written a real nice piece of info on our future flat. Sounds better than Pinnacle @ Duxton

Hi Clement08,

Yes i also heard fm my colleague that her husband heard fm his friend who works in HDB (duno which dept) that her blk will be slated for SERS but that was like 6yrs ago... but still no leh.. in fact her blk is currently undergoing lift upgrading... i think it's a pity to demolish flats that are still in good condition. They shud reduce as much as possible all the hard work put into building a blk which can take as much as 4 yrs!

BTW i've many colleagues who have already been thru SERS - like at Depot Rd, Hillview, Tiong Bahru, Kallang but this year only Commonwealth was announced. guess govt taking it easy otherwise HDB staff can faint with so much work! But then again tats how govt creates money (via CPF for house)

Yes, we are lucky in a sense that after ours was announced, the newer SERS flats are expensive - esp the commonwealth one! but that is still a good location but cant beat our super good location and facility!

Oh so u've also been planning on the renovation needed for yr future house just like me! It's good to know what u want early so it saves the trouble of last minute planning. So yr flat all the windows are bay windows. There was once i saw on tv a flat whose owners made a seat encompassing the whole of their normal window to a bay window... was really nice. i intend to do like that also.

Well my future flats layout will be very tight/small and i want some privacy - so if i convert one of the inner rooms to living room, people/guests wont know the movement of others going out of room and plus think the bedroom will offer a view of the sea. Will need to have good eye to tell ID/renovator to put in light colors to brighten up.

Yeah most people think our future flats area is a condo... quite afew of my colleagues are envious of my 'luck' they also want to get a flat there but i tell them "you've missed the boat".

Have u visited Surbana One's website. They have written a real nice piece of info on our future flat. Sounds better than Pinnacle @ Duxton

Once flat under upgrading will not demolished, I tink she must be disappointed. wat to do ? sometime is luck. U mention hdb demolished some flat still in good condition, I thought those flats demolished are more than 25yrs old, outside may looks good, but inside may oredi rotten.

As according to our own plan we want to remove certain wall partition, can be ask HDB in advance for approval, not build tat wall partition, it will save them some cement cost, afterall we oredi booked that unit.

Mine all bay windows, I also got the ideal of made a seats on the bay windows so can sit at the bay window and look out.

Hi hdbfun, Where is Surbana One's website. wat is the URL ? I want 2 see also.

Edited by Clement08

Once flat under upgrading will not demolished, I tink she must be disappointed. wat to do ? sometime is luck. U mention hdb demolished some flat still in good condition, I thought those flats demolished are more than 25yrs old, outside may looks good, but inside may oredi rotten.

As according to our own plan we want to remove certain wall partition, can be ask HDB in advance for approval, not build tat wall partition, it will save them some cement cost, afterall we oredi booked that unit.

Mine all bay windows, I also got the ideal of made a seats on the bay windows so can sit at the bay window and look out.

Hi hdbfun, Where is Surbana One's website. wat is the URL ? I want 2 see also.

Hi Clement08,

Actually our current flat has lots of QC problem.. i mean some of the walls and flooring are not straight or levelled... guess in the 70's when it was built people were not so aware abt the quality finishes tat HDB offers currently.

I didnt know tat HDB will allow us to tell them in advance if we didnt want a particular wall!

Check out this url.. it has been revamped from my last visit. previously it seem more classy now seems simple.

http://www.surbana.com/showcase.htm

Hi Clement08,

Actually our current flat has lots of QC problem.. i mean some of the walls and flooring are not straight or levelled... guess in the 70's when it was built people were not so aware abt the quality finishes tat HDB offers currently.

I didnt know tat HDB will allow us to tell them in advance if we didnt want a particular wall!

Check out this url.. it has been revamped from my last visit. previously it seem more classy now seems simple.

http://www.surbana.com/showcase.htm

Hi hdbfan,

I just asking whether HDB will allow it or not. Should I try to call them ?

I went in to read oredi. very brief.

U hv shifted to here already? how long, did ani reno. wat it a good price when sold u flat at west coast ?

Hi hdbfan,

I just asking whether HDB will allow it or not. Should I try to call them ?

I went in to read oredi. very brief.

U hv shifted to here already? how long, did ani reno. wat it a good price when sold u flat at west coast ?

Hi Clement08,

Well you can try to call them, but i'm not optimistic.

Shifted here 2.5 yrs ago. No reno needed as previous owners did reno 2yrs ago when they moved in and seem to be in pretty good condition. Sold my previous flat below valuation!!

Do you think our future flat's height be higher than the actual storey - i mean like if you've chosen 35th storey, it could actually be like 36 or 37th storey's height level becoz of higher ceiling in the 1st few storeys?

Hi Clement08,

Well you can try to call them, but i'm not optimistic.

Shifted here 2.5 yrs ago. No reno needed as previous owners did reno 2yrs ago when they moved in and seem to be in pretty good condition. Sold my previous flat below valuation!!

Do you think our future flat's height be higher than the actual storey - i mean like if you've chosen 35th storey, it could actually be like 36 or 37th storey's height level becoz of higher ceiling in the 1st few storeys?

Wah, u dun mind 2 sell below valuation.

hmmm.. I agree that flats r much higher then wat is should be due 1st few levels of the shopping malls.

today pt-blk building 23 storeys and slab-blk can see some of metal framework is coming up to the ground level.

Wah, u dun mind 2 sell below valuation.

hmmm.. I agree that flats r much higher then wat is should be due 1st few levels of the shopping malls.

today pt-blk building 23 storeys and slab-blk can see some of metal framework is coming up to the ground level.

Hi Clement08,

Do u have any idea what they wil be doing to the land where our current blks are once it is demolished?

Especially the blk 445 & town council - dont see why these 2 blks must be enbloc. The land there is not very big but hope they will not build other high rise flats in future. I wonder how those people staying in the condo will walk to the MRT in future when we vacate the flats and it's time for demolision how they will have to detour to reach the MRT.

Btw our future flat's windows will be casement and not sliding rite?

I wonder why the point blk they're building now is at certain side 24 and other side only 22 storeys... seem to take more than 2 wks for 1 floor of juz 4 flats!

Hi Clement08,

Do u have any idea what they wil be doing to the land where our current blks are once it is demolished?

Especially the blk 445 & town council - dont see why these 2 blks must be enbloc. The land there is not very big but hope they will not build other high rise flats in future. I wonder how those people staying in the condo will walk to the MRT in future when we vacate the flats and it's time for demolision how they will have to detour to reach the MRT.

Btw our future flat's windows will be casement and not sliding rite?

I wonder why the point blk they're building now is at certain side 24 and other side only 22 storeys... seem to take more than 2 wks for 1 floor of juz 4 flats!

Hi hdbfan,

I dunno wat they r going to do once the flat here is demolished, May be they will sell the land to private sector to build condo.

I aso hope they dun build high rise building in tat area (445 n town council after demolise) because it will block our view. In future, I tink after demolising our old flat, they will build a path, so tat the people staying in condo can walk from ave 6 to ave 3 to go to the market, shopping mall n MRT.

Our future flat's windows will be sliding and not casement. U can see the window frame they put up at the site do not have the centre metal piece. If you look at our floor plan closely, it show sliding window, if is casement window, then they will draw quarter circle there to represent the window can be open, something like the door.

I just counted the floor, they r building 23 storeys facing west and 22 storeys facing east. They build from west to east.

Edited by Clement08