Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
colinboon

Have Anyone Tried Vinyl Flooring B4?

Just bought a 2nd hand 4rm flat... wanted to change the flooring to wood but too expensive. had very bad experience with laminate for my previous house but save alot from the hacking part.... browse the web and found this vinyl which is in wood design... any1 install it in their house b4? wat r the pro n cons? coz i call up the company and they told me no hacking is required, that means i can save up on this too....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I grew up in a flat with vinyl floor in the kitchen! It is still good after a couple of decades. Very easy to install: comes in a big roll. The floor needs to be clean & even but it feels and looks plastic though. Not sure how the "wood" design looks like but you might want to avoid that and choose a more neutral design. Avoid the glossy vinyl which feels even worse.

You will need good skirting around the edges to prevent it from delaminating.

Evorich Flooring got very nice and high quality vinyl tiles. Visited them last month at Singapore Expo, was offered (supply and install) 2 HDB bedrooms for about $2000. I must say $6+ psf is a bit on the high side when compare to a $6 psf homogeneous tile.

@albertchng i did my 3bedrooms n the living with vinyl at $4+ per sq feet. its like those timber strip but of coz it dun feel like timber at all la! quite pleased with the color combination. bad thing is the skirting suxs la...

@designez i hope my vinyl would last me at least 5yrs..

@helpu i know vinyl is a cheap material to use but do u think i will PM u for any advise/quotation when i can go direct to the supplier since i am on a budget?? ur earning would be my saving... hope u dun get offended... by the way, i go KK also see ceramic tile, marble... so i suppose these flooring when install at home also look like hospital?

@albertchng i did my 3bedrooms n the living with vinyl at $4+ per sq feet. its like those timber strip but of coz it dun feel like timber at all la! quite pleased with the color combination. bad thing is the skirting suxs la...

The vinyl tile from Evorich is AC5 quality and utilize a locking mechanism, they claimed they can apply silicon when laying for me so it can be 100% waterproof, maybe that is why it command a $6+ psf price tag.

silicon... 100% waterproof... no la just prevent water from traping inside... less % of the will get warp...

Evorich told me their vinyl tile is already waterproof. The silicon should prevent water trapping under the tile, less chances of smelly floor. :good:

Evorich told me their vinyl tile is already waterproof. The silicon should prevent water trapping under the tile, less chances of smelly floor. :good:

You could also try Goodhill (they sell a Korean vinyl flooring that doesn't look too bad). Or Formica itself (they have an excellent selection that comes in 'plank' sizes, for a more genuine appearance).

In either case, vinyl makes a good alternative to tiles- it's hardy, waterproof, and more wood-like in appearance and feel than tiles or laminate. I'll be getting it in my own home. :)

BTW, you can also see vinyl flooring in all Levi's stores. So, go to your nearest Levi's and walk around to get an idea of what vinyl flooring is like. :D

@helpu i know vinyl is a cheap material to use but do u think i will PM u for any advise/quotation when i can go direct to the supplier since i am on a budget?? ur earning would be my saving... hope u dun get offended... by the way, i go KK also see ceramic tile, marble... so i suppose these flooring when install at home also look like hospital?

You could also try Goodhill (they sell a Korean vinyl flooring that doesn't look too bad). Or Formica itself (they have an excellent selection that comes in 'plank' sizes, for a more genuine appearance).

In either case, vinyl makes a good alternative to tiles- it's hardy, waterproof, and more wood-like in appearance and feel than tiles or laminate. I'll be getting it in my own home. :)

BTW, you can also see vinyl flooring in all Levi's stores. So, go to your nearest Levi's and walk around to get an idea of what vinyl flooring is like. :D

I'm with Albertchng & Mummymantras on vinyl flooring too as laminate flooring requires maintenance cost in 3-5 years time due to warp & scratch. Also I will be installing a GreenWall so need durable waterproof flooring, and I tend to drop things, very butter finger so might dent laminate. And will be doing exercises in Living rm so need flooring that gives a little to absorb impact & yet won't crack with my weight/shoes.

Evorich gives lifetime warranty for residences so good for me. Do try to get some discount if buying direct as they are very willing to do your business else try to get from your ID who might offer you S$5.20 psf, the lowest ever come across to date.

im looking for this type of flooring too!! wanted to do laminate at 1st but i heard the floor will creak when you walk on it and will warp when in contact with water? i hv a dog which will occassionally pee on the floor so i think laminate is out of the question. my grandma has vinyl flooring in her flat (some call it rubber mats) but i dont really like the look of a whole piece of flooring. i think it looks cheap! the good thing is there are vinyl planks these days that mimick the look of wood so i really like that. some got those click lock function just like laminate as well. i hope the IDs and contractors hv lobang for that!

Wood-lookalike vinyl are readily available nowadays n do imitate wood much better than laminate.

You should try ordering it straight from the supplier to get better prices. What you should look out for esp when getting ex-stock rolls (which are cheaper) is the joint lines which are rather unsightly.

My brother's house is vynl laminate in the living hall, it looks fine to me. I guess you got to do good maintenance, i.e. don't let the water drip down from the side of the wood. And if someone walking hard, you'll hear the "kik kok kik kok" sound. My son likes to crawl around my brother house and keep making the sound.......

Just installed Vinyl flooring from Evorich. Managed to get $5psf from them. Initially quoted me $6 as direct homeowner. Just ask them for contractor price and they will ask u for a contractor's namecard and that's it. $5psf+GST. PM me if you need the contact person in Evorich.

For me I chose two colors for my 4 bedrooms. Quality feel very good. No skirting for me. Service top-notch from Evorich. Came back a few times to replace the trimming.

Hi

Can I have the contact please??

Urgent, thanks!

Ck

Just installed Vinyl flooring from Evorich. Managed to get $5psf from them. Initially quoted me $6 as direct homeowner. Just ask them for contractor price and they will ask u for a contractor's namecard and that's it. $5psf+GST. PM me if you need the contact person in Evorich.

For me I chose two colors for my 4 bedrooms. Quality feel very good. No skirting for me. Service top-notch from Evorich. Came back a few times to replace the trimming.

hi kenkoh88, hows the flooring so far? is it hard to maintain?

hi,

can PM me the contact as well?

thanks!