Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bigbearyong

Any Comment On Ahomestory

to all those that had their house done up by Ahomestory, i was wondering if this package of their is expensive? it covers most of the items

required for my house. other reno package i receive are not as detail as this company.

mine is a new 4room standard flat. ahomestory package price is $13288

Edited by harleybrian83

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

to all those that had their house done up by Ahomestory, i was wondering if this package of their is expensive? it covers most of the items

required for my house. other reno package i receive are not as detail as this company.

mine is a new 4room standard flat. ahomestory package price is $13288

Hi

I tried to enter into their website to look for their phone number but the website is unavailable. Anybody knows what happened? and, can anyone let me have their ID contact from ahomestory pls?

Thank you...

Cheers

Hi

I tried to enter into their website to look for their phone number but the website is unavailable. Anybody knows what happened? and, can anyone let me have their ID contact from ahomestory pls?

Thank you...

Cheers

hmmmm i dun have trouble going to their website. www.ahomestory.com.sg just tried its working

wow my message box is full of request to provide my ID contact and also asking about the serivce and materials provided and all.... very lazy to reply all via the message box, I was served by Willy. you all can contact him on his email willy@ahomestory.com.sg I will not put his contact number here as I never got permission from him. i will try to sum everything up here.

before i start, i got renotalk members asking me the reason why i engage him as my ID. when i read this i was like :jawdrop: isnt it very obvious that we are very comfortable with him and can communicate well with throughout the selection of id period. if we dont find him comfortable to work with, we wont even engage him in the first place.

I must say again that althought their pricing are not the cheapest one that we had received, but i believe the materials that i had received are of good quality. I went to one of their on-going projects during the selection phrase, we inspected the workmanship of the carpentries works (literally feeling all the corners of the doors and wardrobe to see if there are any sharp edges, we are also given the chance to "slam" all the cabinets doors and kitchen drawers to test if all doors & drawers are equipped with soft closing hinges and if it works well) i must say it never failed. We also notice that the interior of all carpentries have coloured laminate finishing. this is a bonus points for us as we don't like the white colour interior of carpentries as it will turn yellowish over time and also make the renovation feels "cheapo".

beside the materials and workmanship that we saw, during the drawing on our floorplan, he also give us alot of advise whether can things be done according to our liking and the pro & cons of the renovation work. To give an example, initally we wanted to have a raised platform area for our master bedroom and we ask all the ids we met if its good to have platform bed. we received several general comments from them and not in details (its like trying to brush us off) however, from willy, he told us that a platform bed is nice and generally sought after by young couple however, in the event if my wife were to get pregnant, it will be a headache as pregnant mum will have difficulty trying to get up from the platform bed which is so low to the ground. We were shocked and yet happy. Not did he proposed ideas from our renovation, he also think further than us and advised us on this issue that we, a newly wed couple, never think off. But in the end, we still wanted a platform bed for our room :sport-smiley-004:

I believe that in the profession of all interior designer, they should advise clients on any "problems" that they may face. Come to this point, there is this id whom we think is a contractor rather that ID, he say, "aiya platform bed is like sleeping on the ground, you want to to save $ right, you just put your mattress on the floor then its like platform bed lor." and he started laughing think its a joke, I was on the verge to shoot him with the F words when he said that! :furious:

therefore after going through all the IDs and quotation we met, we decided to engage willy as our ID for our home. During the renovation process, he updated us weekly on the renovation progress. Even though he will update us, but as a true blue singaporean. we will also go up to check on the progress of works just in case haha! There was once we went up we saw the entire house with masking tape all over, finding it werid, we called willy and check whats with the masking tape?! to our relief, its the result of willy's inspection. He go around the house and inspect and paste masking tape on areas which is not done up to his expectation! we find this good too! instead of us having to inspect the house and find fault at the workmanship, he is the one doing all this! but there is once we find that the painting not up to our expectation, we immediately give willy a call even its at 11pm! I must apologise to call him so late but he will still answer our call and get the workers to rectify the problem immediately. therefore during the final inspection, we have no problems with all the works and happily accept the house back from him. Even though its been 2months after we had our place back, I still called willy up as there is something wrong with my cove lightings which we don't know why :dunno: and within a week, he had his guys up to rectify the problem and we realise that is something wrong with the light blub and not the connection and we had it replaced.

overall if you want me to rate their service, it will be as follows:

Pricing: Reasonable price with good qualities materials given

Service attitude: 10/10

Design: 9/10

Materials: not sure how to rank this but should be of good qualities

Workmanship of carpentries: 9/10

Painting: 8/10

Tiling: 9/10 (tile price given up to $3.50 with gst)

After sale service: 9/10

Overall: 9/10

I had my house warming party and all my friends and relatives like the works done in my house and i also recommend 2 friends over to Willy. Hope willy will be able to handle both of them too :)

Hi SirenGray, vin lee is my Id who design my house now. He is a funny and creative guy so I am comfortable with him.

Hi can share more on their pricing and working style? I'm getting my keys soon currently still yet to firm down any I'd.

Seems like most of you guys are using vin and willy. Do pass me their contacts cheers.