Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
acertey

Hdb Bedroom Doors

Hi Guys,

Recently my bedroom door has this bloated/ mis-alignment problem. Whenever we try to close the door it always cannot close properly, it either seems like an alignment problem or bloated on the top portion. Before proceeding to change all doors, does anyone have any lobang/ experience in fixing such problems?

Btw my room door is from HDB, about 1.8yrs, is it still under warranty in any way?

Edited by acertey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Guys,

Recently my bedroom door has this bloated/ mis-alignment problem. Whenever we try to close the door it always cannot close properly, it either seems like an alignment problem or bloated on the top portion. Before proceeding to change all doors, does anyone have any lobang/ experience in fixing such problems?

Btw my room door is from HDB, about 1.8yrs, is it still under warranty in any way?

Bloated if you soak your door in water; i think your door warp from dry air condition or direct sunlight. This problem can be fixed but i think no wood factory will want to help you. You can try dont switch on the aircon in your bedroom for a few months and wipe the bedroom door using a very damp cloth every day.

Hope you understand dehydration and hydration; same applied to wooden door.

Hiya,

My HDB main door has the same problem too.

It tends to jam at the top corner of the door-frame, resulting in difficulty in closing the door.

7mths back, we had the edge of the door filed and the door-jamming problem disappeared.

But the same issue came back recently.. :(

We don't on the aircon in the living hall. And yes, I saw a long crack (abt 20cm) at the door too.

Already had the cracked filled with putty..

Anything else we can do? :help:

Anyone changed their HDB fire-proof main door before??

Thanks!

Hi Noble,

Thanks for the advice. Will take note.

Somehow the jamming problem is gone lately.. Perhaps due to contraction of the wooden door in recent colder temperatures. :rolleyes:

Hopefully it stays this way!

Re-install the doorway onto it's hinges, and determine if the doorway swings readily closed.