Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NeoBY

Invite Cai Shen And 1St Occasion Of Opening New House Door

Dear all,

I should be getting my resale flat on 21 Feb. Reason is because I wanted to invite Cai Shen (God of Wealth) in on eve of CNY. 21 Feb is just 2 days before CNY. What happens if 22 Feb (eve of CNY) is not a good day to open the house door? Is there a work around to this?

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Typo in date should be Jan 2012, as well same answer in the T-blog.

Do not worry and relax, let the professional FS master advise you.

Dear all,

I should be getting my resale flat on 21 Feb. Reason is because I wanted to invite Cai Shen (God of Wealth) in on eve of CNY. 21 Feb is just 2 days before CNY. What happens if 22 Feb (eve of CNY) is not a good day to open the house door? Is there a work around to this?

Thanks

By the way, how do you invite god of wealth?

Heard my fs master said dates are important, if it's not a good day, then can open another day right?

just want to share my experiences ...

CNY is a period of lion and dragon dance. God of fortune - is the latter part where the lion/dragon troupe compete for differentiation.

Note that God of Fortune is more of guest entertainment as cny is a happy period where everyone think of "huat ah huat ah".

Therefore rather than be on the dot for opening new house door, i suggest you open "normally" for cny period and invite friends to witness lion/dragon dance + optional god-of-fortune.

Do you know what god-of-fortune does ? In traditional form, they don't speak to anyone. However there are some god-of-fortune that entertain guests well. I would say more of PR.

Alternatively if you want to make major events in your house-warming, suggest you dot lion. (this means sponsor new lion head). This process is more exclusive than a traditional lion dance in a typical cny.

I was told that by inviting God of Wealth during CNY eve (12 midnight), you can invite "wealth" to your house. You need the normal prayer stuff plus fire cracker sound. Ceremony is at least 1 hour. There is a certain direction to invite as well.

As for lion and dragon dance, I grew up such a culture as my father was in a troupe. I was too. I dont see a significant difference in inviting the dance troupe in to perform actually.

Anyway, my intention was to invite the God of Wealth for CNY if I can. But now it seems difficult as I can only get my keys earliest 21 Jan and I also dont want to anyhow open the door officially for the first time on a wrong date. I'll check with my fsm and see what he advises.

Hmm, I'm a sceptic when it comes to invitation of the God of Wealth.

If there's a keen desire to do so, then, it's best to consult a professional becox the outcome might just turn out disastrous.

My dad had been an avid fan of the God of Wealth & had been inviting the God of Wealth based on the instructions published in Tan Khoon Yong's annual prediction book since I was a kid.

I could still recall how he received the deity through the luvre windows of our toilet during one of the years. He is a very prosperous, wealthy man who did well in his finances... I would like to pass the verdict that this ritual of inviting the God of Wealth is subjective becox it doesn't work for everybody.

Contrary to those who did well by such rituals, I've even had friends & a relative who went from a riches to rags or even nothing after inviting the God of Wealth into their homes. Some were so unfortunate that they invited unwanted "things" into their homes...

So, please approach the professionals instead of experimenting on your own! It's akin to playing with fire.

Anyway, my intention was to invite the God of Wealth for CNY if I can. But now it seems difficult as I can only get my keys earliest 21 Jan and I also dont want to anyhow open the door officially for the first time on a wrong date. I'll check with my fsm and see what he advises.

Other than god of wealth, is there god of health?