Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NeoBY

Lukie's First Home

i wonder how the new SG LEMON LAW will affect these guys, since they are delivery a brand new custom made product to us. a lot of them will close shop every half year....tsk tsk tsk

put tea lor. then got lemon tea.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sigh kinda disappointing response I got frm the contractor.. Quoted from him when I ask how bout the crack tiles in the common toilet his reply " that one can't be help, the use of homogenous tiles may cause some crack lines during installation. The severe ones in the kitchen have already been replaced. This one is only a small hairline on the surface" :furious::jawdrop: I really speechless. I believe been professional we have paid extra dollars for this subconscious to install it & we expect good work, not this kind of ,pardon me ,EXCUSES!

Can anyone suggest or advise if it's thru? Hairline crack on the surface?! Got such thing not first... To me crack is crack... Sigh

Think it's getting uptight cox timeline is short and we didn't want anymore works to be done after handover :(

:help:

When I renovate my bathroom, I noticed a hairline crack on one of the tile and told my contractor. He changed the tile willingly. And mine is a small project with little profit margin. So I don't see why your contractor can't change it.

Edited by ZzzMonster

Thanks for the kind words. Sometimes it is really pissed me off when Platinum Member start coming to attack me out of nowhere. I dont wish to start a t-blog and chit chat sing song to get to Gold Member status. I prefer to offer suggestion or advise that people can use in real life, not bake cake in day dream.

That is very mean of u. It is a direct personal attack. May_dream is just sharing her thots, ideas and tips with her renotalk friends. The purpose of joining in to chit chat is to make friends and share ideas. What's wrong with that? Who says that a T-blog must be strictly on reno stuff? Without renotalk, I wld not have known nice people like her, Mar jie, mashmallow etc... The comments you made were often rude and tactless and I remembered seeing a thread on the electrical hood and hob being suspended. Also due to your comments directing to the TS. When sharing your thots, please at the same time be mindful of others. I know May_dream personally. She has a bubbly, nice and friendly personality. She is only asking you to be considerate to TS and not to hog on the thread by posting/showing off unrelated stuff.

PS: NeoBY: Sorry for using your thread as a platform. Very sorry but I think that is the only way to catch his attention. BTW, I have also a chip-off floor tile in the toilet. It is located near the floor trap and Henry said if were to replace, might affect the water proofing and need to re-do. He used the same colour cement to 'cover' the chip-off which I accepted. Maybe you can check with your contractor the reason of not replacing and how best he can make good of it:)

That is very mean of u. It is a direct personal attack. May_dream is just sharing her thots, ideas and tips with her renotalk friends. The purpose of joining in to chit chat is to make friends and share ideas. What's wrong with that? Who says that a T-blog must be strictly on reno stuff? Without renotalk, I wld not have known nice people like her, Mar jie, mashmallow etc... The comments you made were often rude and tactless and I remembered seeing a thread on the electrical hood and hob being suspended. Also due to your comments directing to the TS. When sharing your thots, please at the same time be mindful of others. I know May_dream personally. She has a bubbly, nice and friendly personality. She is only asking you to be considerate to TS and not to hog on the thread by posting/showing off unrelated stuff.

PS: NeoBY: Sorry for using your thread as a platform. Very sorry but I think that is the only way to catch his attention. BTW, I have also a chip-off floor tile in the toilet. It is located near the floor trap and Henry said if were to replace, might affect the water proofing and need to re-do. He used the same colour cement to 'cover' the chip-off which I accepted. Maybe you can check with your contractor the reason of not replacing and how best he can make good of it:)

No problem. He said it's hairline and hardly noticable. And there's a risk of a bigger damage/crack if he were to replace because of the brittleness of the tile. Anyway, I think I should have resolved it. I am just waiting for the handover.

Thanks, friends78! Thanks for standing up to say something on my behalf. i am very touched.... at least my time on Renotalk is not wasted to know friends like you and mae jie and marshmallow.

But maybe time changed..... since my reno over, no point spending too much time here anymore since not many appreciate it.

When I renovate my bathroom, I noticed a hairline crack on one of the tile and told my contractor. He changed the tile willingly. And mine is a small project with little profit margin. So I don't see why your contractor can't change it.

I think he's gonna change

Thanks, friends78! Thanks for standing up to say something on my behalf. i am very touched.... at least my time on Renotalk is not wasted to know friends like you and mae jie and marshmallow.

But maybe time changed..... since my reno over, no point spending too much time here anymore since not many appreciate it.

You depression ahh? dont lah!! be happy!! make friends!!

Don't dwell on this. Don't need to bother about flamers.

sigh... idk but seriously, maybe depends on person but i felt the way he talk to me machiam fu yan, not taking me seriously after i call him up upon looking at the house today. Even when i mentioned cracked walls, he said tiles actually hard, so is impossible to not have crack.. so he have to check on this... i'm like :jawdrop: HELLO! :bangwall: The paint work looks rushed & the $140 we paid to fill up the gap between wall and trunking doesnt look professionally done, or rather to the expectation. Furthermore, painting works seems to have completed but some spots like, again rush and not covered properly.:furious:

enough said, thou date line is till friday, which he mentioned we can drop by coz everything would be done... we shall see whether all these will be delivered as promised. *benefit of doubt k* sigh...

I think they lazy.

For tiles, to drill, by right you should 1st use a special drill bit for tiles (with the hammer feature OFF) once through, than change to normal concrete drill bit (now with hammer feature turn ON), like that, the tiles will sui sui, nice circle hole for the screw for accessories. If directly use the drill bit with HAMMER ON, very easy to break (also because most of the time they using rotary drill, which is extremely strong).

HDB got provide spare tiles so u can ask them to change it if possible... shld be in your bomb shelter

Neoby, i think you ask ur contractor to rectify till you are happy with it.... coz you pay for them to do a proper job. though profits might not be a lot but also cannot qincai ma...

Last time my BTO don't give extra, but they do sell to my ID when he doing my kitchen, some area need to hack a bit & kio, so he manage to buy from either HDB or the developer for that project. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Last time my BTO don't give extra, but they do sell to my ID when he doing my kitchen, some area need to hack a bit & kio, so he manage to buy from either HDB or the developer for that project. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

sell?? wah bianz!