Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fella

White Elephant Figurine

Anyone has any idea where we can buy white colour elephant figurine of approximately 1 feet tall with trunk facing downwards?

Have tried Fu Lu Shou and there's only 1 pair that caught our eyes which is made of jade but it cost close to S$1k.

Many thanks in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I came across one pair over the weekend. I quite like them myself but unsure if they are suitable for me as I am quite pan-tang.

It's interesting to observe that the symbolic meanings of the different orientation of the elephant trunk is controversial.

There's a belief from the fengshui perspective that an elephant with its trunk raised up symbolises good fortune & luck.

On the other hand, there are people who hold the belief that an elephant figurine with a downward trunk brings bad luck. How true is that I do not know but a real-life elephant would be suffering from muscle spasms if it had to hold its trunk upwards all the time! :P

Such beliefs had been much disputed with across cultures. In Thailand, elephants are auspicious animals so whether the figurines had trunks that point upwards or downwards, they are considered an emblem of good luck.

Then, I came across variations in beliefs that the elephant with an upward trunk is used for attracting good luck whereas the downward pointing trunk is meant for guarding homes or dispensing good luck to others.

Hi fella

Sent a PM to you already... :-) :yamseng:

Hi fella

how did it go, did you like what you saw?

I find another place somewhere along South Bridge Road as well.

Thought you might be interested.

:yamseng::yamseng::yamseng::yamseng::yamseng:

Hi fella

how did it go, did you like what you saw?

I find another place somewhere along South Bridge Road as well.

Thought you might be interested.

:yamseng::yamseng::yamseng::yamseng::yamseng:

Hi! The figurine set @ Sunshine Plaza is exactly the same as those in Fu Lu Shou. However, Sunshine Plaza's price is cheaper. Fu Lu Shou quoted me 900-1k. Sunshine quoted 800. Probably can go lower to maybe 700. Have not buy any as yet cos the amount is kinda high. Mind sharing the address for South Bridge Road?

Thanks!

Hi! The figurine set @ Sunshine Plaza is exactly the same as those in Fu Lu Shou. However, Sunshine Plaza's price is cheaper. Fu Lu Shou quoted me 900-1k. Sunshine quoted 800. Probably can go lower to maybe 700. Have not buy any as yet cos the amount is kinda high. Mind sharing the address for South Bridge Road?

Thanks!

A Very Happy New Year to all.

Finally I am back after a long time out of the country.

Hopefully I can get back to you once I have cleared my desk.

Apologise for the long delay.

By the way, how are you getting on with the search?

I bought one before, at the basement fengshui shop at Great World City, with a little boy sitting on top, supposed to be the Buddha.

It costed less than $100. It's totally white in color. Not sure if they still have it though. Good luck!

Anyone has any idea where we can buy white colour elephant figurine of approximately 1 feet tall with trunk facing downwards?

Have tried Fu Lu Shou and there's only 1 pair that caught our eyes which is made of jade but it cost close to S$1k.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

Why don't you try on "8WAYS" Wishing Elephant ?

Size is not important, effect is reliable........

Cheers.......