Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
euphony

Minimalism

The address is as follows:

43&43A, Jalan Ros Merah 2/1,

Taman Johor Jaya,

81100 Johor Bahru, Johor.

I took leave to settle some errant in Johor, and was motivated to visit the shop after reading this blog, saw some interesting pictures and frames, but did not buy any as my reno will only be started in Feb.

Look forward to see some references on "minimalism" lightings from this blog :)

visit the shop at Ros Merah, cant find e diffuser :~ the claim they never brought in this before. Even called to Sutera outlet they said the same thing.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Aiyo, so sorry salormoon!!! I was a bit busy did not come in here for some time.

the address given for the shop is All for home (taman sutera/johor jaya), the diffuser is at 3+ (taman sutera only) which is another shop round the corner.

This shop is facing the park which at the other end is the famous Peking restaurant.

visit the shop at Ros Merah, cant find e diffuser :~ the claim they never brought in this before. Even called to Sutera outlet they said the same thing.

Minimalism is very much misunderstood and mis-portray by home owners and designers. Thumbs up to TS for having much of his research photos about Minimalism right.

In my opinion, Minimalism needs a wide space with very minimal clean cut furnishings. In SG, many of us are either living in HDBs or Condos with very cramp spacings. So most of the time, Minimalism cannot fit into these. In-fact these so call Minimalism themes in SG are actually either called Contemporary or simply just Modern.

If you are living in wide spaces like private housings, or maybe even the old jumbo HDBs, Minimalism theme will work. I seen many TS in Reno t-blog describing their theme as Minimalism, when I looked at their pictures, usually a big sofa in the cramp living room makes their Minimalism not Minimalism. No offense to them, most of them still looks awesome in my view.

Sorry for randomly placing my 5 cents thought about Minimalism here.

Sorry for randomly placing my 5 cents thought about Minimalism here.

Cheers. no need to apologize for your views from friend. i love to hear and read what board users think about the concept and you do bring up a pertinent point.

The 'look' of minimalism is indeed difficult to emulate in a small space but i do think it is still possible though how successful it is depends on how much creature comforts the owner is willing to let up.

The latter can be quite difficult for some.

On a separate note for those following. this Tblog is not dead, it's just that I am really taking my time. :paint:

actually i just came off reading this. the protagonist is a minimalist though far from minimalist aestheticism but more minimalist day-to-day living. i hope to marry the 2 together as i continue this Tblog into the future so whilst I go through the process of a minimalistic renovation and design for my pad, i am also going to talk about editing down my life in this pad. for starters, i have treated shrinking my electricity bill as a game. i have been stuck at ~RM$24 for sometime. Last month's bill came up to a whopping RM$17 (i don't live in abject darkness haha). i wonder if that is my tolerable limit. my water bills never exceeded RM$5 which is a minimum charge. I am thankful for the lower utility charges in JB compared to when i was living in SG. nevertheless, i hope to maintain a minimal carbon footprint whilst i enjoy my pad.

Finally added insect screens to the house. Living closer to the ground has its perks... INSECTS! So for a long time I did not dare open the windows and doors and it was stuffy. Now I can finally let in the fresh air. I made sure the contractors had screen frames in the same color scheme so that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Didn't take photos of the bedroom balcony because I had laundry hanging but the cool breeze rubbing my eyes and bird chirping in my ears in the morning sure made it worth the expenditure.

house344.jpg

The netting itself is almost invisible giving a minimal yet effective facade.

house345.jpg

A closer look.

house346.jpg

Its a magnetic screen. None of my neighbors had any grills to their houses, I was happy to follow because they are very ugly and the contractor remarked it'll so much harder otherwise.