Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yeoyeo

Philips Lighting

Hi,

I went to lighting.com.sg and suprised to saw so many philips lighting. The saleman also recommand Philips to me instead of the "house" brand.

I do find that the philips product have the sleek and modern design and finishing seems "durable" too.

http://www.philips.com.sg/c/choose-your-luminaire/ledino-690848786/prd/

Has anyone here install philips lighting before?

Good or no good??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I went to lighting.com.sg and suprised to saw so many philips lighting. The saleman also recommand Philips to me instead of the "house" brand.

I do find that the philips product have the sleek and modern design and finishing seems "durable" too.

http://www.philips.com.sg/c/choose-your-luminaire/ledino-690848786/prd/

Has anyone here install philips lighting before?

Good or no good??

Hi "yeoyeo",although made in china but quality n finishing look gd.

Only thing to worry if u put too many of them,it may look too bright as there is a reflector inside downlight.

Hi fanyong,

heehee, won't buy too many la bcos the price is too expensive compared to those "house" brand.

oh but the downlight price is good, S$33 per set with energy saving bulb.

Hmmmm......

Hi,

Do you find the screws distracting? I've seen many pictures of home decor and seriously, I can't find a single picture that has those screws sticking out.

And also, the lights are exposed from the inside. Some may not like it. Maybe that's why it looks brighter than other downlights.

But other than these aesthetics issues, I'd say yeah, the Philips downlight is a good piece to consider.

Hi fanyong,

heehee, won't buy too many la bcos the price is too expensive compared to those "house" brand.

oh but the downlight price is good, S$33 per set with energy saving bulb.

Hmmmm......

we're using the square ones with double bulb and so far so good :D like you we want to believe in the Philips build and brand even though MIC, lol maybe self-delusion

Yes, finally bought my home lighting but still don't know what to get for my toilets lighting.

I thought toilet will be the most easier to get but.... still cannot decide

1. Cove light - T5, 4ft with philip tube-$16 3ft with philip tube-$15

2. downlight - Philip round cover with engery saving bulb- $33

www.philips.com.sg/c/choose-your-luminaire/599951787/prd/

similar but mine is with full cover

3. Tracklight - www.philips.com.sg/c/choose-your-luminaire/ecomoods-579423186/prd/

mine is 4 spot light in a row, in nickel colour

4. Kitchen - www.philips.com.sg/c/choose-your-luminaire/roomstylers-contemporary-521731786/prd

5. Yard - www.philips.com.sg/c/choose-your-luminaire/ecomoods-7-w-nickel-energy-saving-lamp-346161776/prd/

6. Common room - www.philips.com.sg/c/choose-your-luminaire/roomstylers-100-w-402285376/prd/

www.philips.com.sg/c/choose-your-luminaire/roomstylers-100-w-402281176/prd/

7. Schneider switches - from Choon Chiang Marketing at AMK branch. I bought 10 pcs, he gave me 9 with schneider logo on it

and 1 pc with Clipsal logo. KNS, have to make my way back to change again.

Sorry, I don't know how to insert picture so had paste the link.

will post picture after my reno done..... heehee by end Dec..

I have installed a few pieces of Philips lighting and yes they are good quality - installed in dining, study, balcony.

Just for curiosity I also installed one of their expensive double LED adjustable ceiling spot lights as a task lamp and I do like the quality of the 'white' light, it is 'whiter' than some of the no-brand LED lights on the market.

I have 2 other pieces in my balcony that are rated water resistant. They get rain spray plus hours of sun, and after 1 year they still look good as new.

I plan to get some of their downlights and DIY install them as the fit is pretty good (money saved in paying for electrician can go towards getting higher quality fittings like Philips).

The only negative point is that the price is high - can get cheaper overseas. ledworks.sg used to have 10% off the list price not sure if they do so now.

Edited by erwin123