Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Triquetra

Ceiling Fan And Clothes Dryer

Can anyone advise if ceiling fan works well in a small living room? I am told that it doesn't as there's no space/air to circulate and it definitely doesn't go with false ceiling. Really?

I am thinking of getting a clothes dryer but again am told of its cons like high electricity consumption and that it damages the clothes or fades the color of the clothes easily. Any feedbacks?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Can anyone advise if ceiling fan works well in a small living room? I am told that it doesn't as there's no space/air to circulate and it definitely doesn't go with false ceiling. Really?

I am thinking of getting a clothes dryer but again am told of its cons like high electricity consumption and that it damages the clothes or fades the color of the clothes easily. Any feedbacks?

Thanks!

Ceiling fan should work well in most space. Go for it as it frees you from having standing fan that takes up floor space and it really cools the room. :rolleyes:

I have been using a clothes dryer for 17 years and it saves me time and effort. It may consume more electricity. It does not damage clothes if you dry clothes that could be tumble dry. Must check all clothes labels for instructions. I only tumble cotton, and synthetic fabric materials like polyester. If you remove clothes immediately from dryer once the drying cycle stops, just hang the going-out clothes and they may just straighten nicely (works well for polyester material and minimise ironing for cotton). Towels will be soft and fluffy (remember to put those softener - dryer sheets like Bounce or Purex.) Clothers do not 'fade' so drastically as in bleaching. Sunning clothes also do fade.

The Pros:

1) Dry Clothes on time

2) Clothes and Towel dry soft and fluffy (with dryer softener sheets)

3) No need to hang n peg clothes individually

4) No birds poop and dust like when drying in the open.

The Cons:

1) Electricity comsumption (I believe it must be quite something but never quite check to compare) Can anyone with personal experience advise please?

2) Another space

Hope this helps but it is still very individual though. :yamseng:

Thank you for sharing! Does ceiling fan work fine with false ceiling?

Yes. Hopefully your false ceiling is not too low for safety reason. Also provided it is installed on the concrete ceiling inside the false ceiling. The contractor will know what to do but you must tell him you hv false ceiling.

To add on, ur false ceiling will have to cut a big hole in order to install e ceiling fan and u need to patch back the damaged hole if u r a fussy type. No liability will be held by e installer though as he will explain to u first before start installIng.

Is it better to get a washer and dryer separately or should I get those 2 in 1 kind?

I am worried that 'multi function' product will tend to have problems more easily.

Has anyone used a dryer to dry their shoes ? I recently bought a Rinnai dryer. I remembered the sales staff told me that there is a removable rack inside the dryer which can be used for drying shoes. Anyone tried it ? Any comments ?

I had a washer cum dryer once and it wasn't very useful. I think it was an Ariston. Even if you put it on the maximum dryer preset mode, the clothes are dry only if you have half load or less of laundry. If you split your laundry into many separate small loads, you end up using so much more electricity and water. If you have a big load to wash, then it comes out still slightly damp. Clothes are also quite crumpled after the dryer and I end up spending more time & energy ironing out all the creases on clothes. Dryers also wear out the clothes, especially soft t-shirts - shape will run a bit, and it becomes more worn-out, like "nuah" and faded/furry. Some clothes even shrink. Definitely consumes quite a lot of electricity. However, this was for a washer cum dryer. I have used a unit which is just for drying only (used it overseas), and that worked really well - clothes are dry and not crumpled. But that was a large, almost industrial type of dryer. Can even dry comforters.

I have a ceiling fan just installed onto my false ceiling about 1-month ago. Ceiling fans are good as it 'removes' the untidiness of having another electrical appliance on the floor or shelf. In addition, the air circulation provided is so much better as the coverage is alot bigger.

As for dryer, I used seperate units of washer and dryer as well as those 2-in-1 types. My verdict - the 2-in-1 machines sucks. Clothes that proceeded straight to the dryer mode after washing came out super crumpled. My cleaning aunty had a real tough time ironing out the creases. Worse part - there was an awful damp smell after the drying cycle. With the separate units, no such crease and smell issues. In addition, I am able to do more loads of laundry as I do not have to wait for 1 machine to go thru the whole cycle of wash-rinse-tumble dry-dryer mode.

i saw EXPO sell kuche clothes dryer and front load washing machine. this brand 50% off. is this brand good? got 3 tick energy label