Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nene

Need Advise On Ceiling Fan

Hi all, hope you could help.

Just purchased ceiling fans for my house. After ID installed it, we notice wobbling on one unit and squeaky sound on another. ID recommend me to engage the ppl who sold the fan to me to do balancing and mentioned that there will be extra cost for it.

Question. Is this normal? Why do I need to pay another fee for balancing for new fans? Plan to call kdk on it.

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Normally, there is an installation charge for installing ceiling fan which e installer will ensure all balancing are done properly. This charge is exclude from purchase of e fans. Best to get e fan agent to get e correct person to install e fans to avoid inconvenience and extra fees incur.

Agree with Holyavatar.

Most contractors may know how to install fans generally but may not be excellent in all brands as different brands are made different.

Get the agent to recommend their own contractor, who day in and day out install their own brand of fans thus very familiar with their fans.

It is true we need to pay extra for balancing if we didn't get the agent to fix. It should not cost a lot and good balancing makes a difference. Secure, quiet, function optimally.

Hi all, hope you could help.

Just purchased ceiling fans for my house. After ID installed it, we notice wobbling on one unit and squeaky sound on another. ID recommend me to engage the ppl who sold the fan to me to do balancing and mentioned that there will be extra cost for it.

Question. Is this normal? Why do I need to pay another fee for balancing for new fans? Plan to call kdk on it.

Thanks

Hi pal,

Let me share some of my opinion....hee.... :)

Okie normally, ID will give you a package for all lights and fans installation.

So that you'll save some installation charges but then will they know how to balance the fans if it's not balance? :dunno:

So it's best to check whether ID contractor knows how to balance the fan if it's not balance before deciding whether to let ID contractor install or not. :rolleyes:

All fans are the same, except for KDK. They dun have any balancing kit inside their package.

So it's not easy to install KDK fans, a GOOD fan installer will know how to balance any fan they install. :good:

There will be installation fee for fan installation, this fee will include assembling the fan, drilling and balancing as well. :deal:

If you engage another installer/agent to balance the fan there will be charges/fee. :deal:

Normally, the shop that sells fans will have installer to install fans, if you din get their installer to install, going back to them they'll either not entertain you and ask you to go to the agent, or they'll charge you a high fee for fan balancing.... :deal:

You can call the agent to rectify the balancing problem, provided your KDK is bought locally wf safety mark, else they'll not entertain. :no:

Hope this :help:

:drunk: pal