Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Triquetra

When And Where To Start?

I just booked my flat few days ago.

Our keys are estimated to be available in April next year so am wondering when and where should I start preparing for our flat's renovation.

I see a few exhibitions at Expo this month, is it recommended to visit all the exhibitions to get an idea?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

did u opt for ur door and floor ?

everyroom wardrobe?

kitchen cabinet?

shower screen? both? long bath?

now u tell me u can PM me if u want.

floor is everything... HDB floor does not suit ur taste i can 100% tell u

I think everything is standardized by hdb?

Didn't pay anything extra other than the option fee.

I just booked my flat few days ago.

Our keys are estimated to be available in April next year so am wondering when and where should I start preparing for our flat's renovation.

I see a few exhibitions at Expo this month, is it recommended to visit all the exhibitions to get an idea?

You should start preparing now. Are you getting an ID or contractor ? If you are getting an ID, you can start sourcing for one soon. It's better that you take your time then to rush.

I think u first should find out more abt the proposed interior look of the flat first. If it's at punggol or sengkang then find out the forum for ur blk.

Then think of a budget u n ur family r comfortable with.

Then look @ magazine, website, forum n real houses/ apartments/ flats to get ur interior theme inspiration as well as practical ideas to apply to your future home.

Then contact ID/ contractor for a rough quote, n see what they can suggest to u. Find the one that u like the most. Then part with ur hard earn money in exchange for a beautiful n coZy home.

Wish u a smooth journey. If it's a bit rocky, can share in a t-blog so ppl can console u...

Oh, meanswhile, do note down any valuable info from this forum or any media platform u happen to come across in a notebook. Will come in handy later on. For example: places to get lighting, sanity ware, home appliances,...

I agree: start planning now. Best thing to do is find inspiration pictures and get a general feel for what you want. Take your camera to the expo and photograph the things you like (with information label). Try narrow down the choice of materials, design and details. This will save a lot of time and stress later on...

Edited by designez

hi there triquetra,

there are a lot of exhibition you can see when you want to design your new home. the best place to start is IKEA definitely. they have a lot of ideas and they categorized it per rooms! but, the thing is, if you buy your stuff from ikea, you will get the same things as anybody else and there's no originality. design is something personal, something that you can bond with, especially when it comes to your home. If you want to sharpen your instinct on design, you can try and visit this great school, Inspiration Design International School. I completed a study there, and they are awesome. they teach you the essential things you need to know about interior design, and apparently they are now opening a new short courses about renovating your home. i think it's about 2 months long course. i have no idea, you should just check it out here: http://inspiration.sg/styles.php or call 62354345 for more info! hope this will help! take charge of your design, sweetheart! cheers!

You can do the planning now, i.e.

1) if you prefer ID, go around to get quotes

2) If you prefer to get contractor, check out the magazines and pictures to get ideal and find a good and reliable contractor

In my opinion, go to Expo is a good idea to source for design/concept ideas.

But it's not always a good idea to get an id/coontractor, as most of them are only sales designer.

They only sell quantity, few only selling quality.