Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kennynaz

In A Dilemma. Should I Take It?

Hi,

I would like to ask fellow RT members here with regards to whether I should take this unit that I'm quite keen on buying.

The unit is a resale 5I in Bt Panjang area. It's a high floor unit & current owner is a Phillipino PR.

The unit is very well kept with not much reno to be done which is the plus point why we are interested in this unit.

After viewing we notice 3 CCTV camera installed outside their unit facing 3 different angles. We question this to the owner & he replied that when he bought the unit about 3 1/2 years back from the 1st owner, they were harassed by loansharks right after they move in. But according to the current owner, after making a police report & installing the CCTV camera, they have been living in peace for the past 2 years.

My dilemma here is, should I trust his statement & buy this unit or do I not take the gamble & keep looking for other suitable units?

We did however made our own investigation by asking their nearby neighbors if they notice loansharks activities for the past year or so. The good news is most of the neighbors that we asked said that they didn't noticed any for the past 2 years or so. We also went to the nearby Police Post to enquire but the officer said that he can't reveal any infomation to us.

What should we do? Any advice is most welcome. Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Try walk along the corridor and keep your eyes open looking for any O$P$ graffiti on the wall near lift landing or any wall that look like recently repainted or any gate that look like repainted recently... these are the tell tale sign of loanshark activities in that area.

From what i know about CCTV camera installed at corridor requires a permit from town council or HDB and this type of permit cannot be renew yearly and is usually for a short term like 3, 6 months. Unless the authorities have changed their policy of this permit or the owner forgot to remove when their permit expire.

I rather not buy unit with loanshark problem, i dont wish my family gets frightened or harassed when i'm at work or your door gets colorfully redecorated without your permission.

Try walk along the corridor and keep your eyes open looking for any O$P$ graffiti on the wall near lift landing or any wall that look like recently repainted or any gate that look like repainted recently... these are the tell tale sign of loanshark activities in that area.

From what i know about CCTV camera installed at corridor requires a permit from town council or HDB and this type of permit cannot be renew yearly and is usually for a short term like 3, 6 months. Unless the authorities have changed their policy of this permit or the owner forgot to remove when their permit expire.

I rather not buy unit with loanshark problem, i dont wish my family gets frightened or harassed when i'm at work or your door gets colorfully redecorated without your permission.

We didn't spot any O$P$ graffiti but there was signs of repainted walls along the corridor & lift landings but can't really tell if it was repainted recently.

Is there any way where I can check with the town council or the relevant authority if the CCTV installed was done recently or not?

Edited by kennynaz

Loan shark is a nightmare, i will rather play safe than to be sorry.

So what CCTV, cannot mask face meh?????

We didn't spot any O$P$ graffiti but there was signs of repainted walls along the corridor & lift landings but can't really tell if it was repainted recently.

Is there any way where I can check with the town council or the relevant authority if the CCTV installed was done recently or not?

I also rather be safe than regret later.

A lot of resale flat to buy... why die die want to buy "ah long" house?