Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
binchotan

Future Neighbours From Casa Clementi :)

My opposite neighbor who had his keys much earlier than me and did his own reno in Jan. Until today, I still hear screeching machinery sound coming from his unit. It's already mid May and he is still doing his reno. Oh god! I did my reno only end Mar and work finished in Apr and have already moved in 3 days ago.

Oh boy..I am sorry to disturb your peace..i will try to speed up the reno progress.

my apologise

Regards

Hahaha compare to me my neighbour not so lucky lor I collected in Dec2011 all my neighbour moved in liao den I just started to reno :sport-smiley-004:

They were shocked and surprised as they tot how come this unit always locked den suddenly start reno

Paiseh hor coz tat time no money :sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

:D

My opposite neighbor who had his keys much earlier than me and did his own reno in Jan. Until today, I still hear screeching machinery sound coming from his unit. It's already mid May and he is still doing his reno. Oh god! I did my reno only end Mar and work finished in Apr and have already moved in 3 days ago.

Oh boy..I am sorry to disturb your peace..i will try to speed up the reno progress.

my apologise

Regards

It's you meh? :D

Now everywhere screeching sounds - up, down, right, left ... Faintz ...

Blk 421 lift alarm went off a few times today?

One of my old neighbors said her new unit's floor tiles were quite uneven and she has to get BSC to redo them. So another factor to consider for those who just got their keys.

:D It's you meh? :D

Now everywhere screeching sounds - up, down, right, left ... Faintz ...

Blk 421 lift alarm went off a few times today?

One of my old neighbors said her new unit's floor tiles were quite uneven and she has to get BSC to redo them. So another factor to consider for those who just got their keys.

Should be me liao..I am a poor man and really no money to ask contractor to renovate the house..i need to do all by myself..Daytime I need to work to earn a living and only left with the night then I can start doing some reno work..sorry sorry sorry...I will shut all my windows and doors and make sure no noise escape out from my unit. Sorry again to disturb your peace.

Should be me liao..I am a poor man and really no money to ask contractor to renovate the house..i need to do all by myself..Daytime I need to work to earn a living and only left with the night then I can start doing some reno work..sorry sorry sorry...I will shut all my windows and doors and make sure no noise escape out from my unit. Sorry again to disturb your peace.

Haha ... I think my neighbor is someone else, not you lah! There are a few guys doing their own reno too in other blocks as well. I would have preferred to do all the reno myself but I don't have the talent, time nor patience.

A huge MBC ship just went by ... what a love sight - for a change! :)

Police siren on the expressway 2 mornings in a row!

There will be a casa clementi completion cum mass key handover ceremony on 16 June.

Many of those folks who had yet to collect their keys (mainly Blk 416) will be spared the hassle of travelling down to HDB Hub. Instead, keys will be presented by the PAP MP.

There will be a casa clementi completion cum mass key handover ceremony on 16 June.

Many of those folks who had yet to collect their keys (mainly Blk 416) will be spared the hassle of travelling down to HDB Hub. Instead, keys will be presented by the PAP MP.

Haha men in white present keys???

If only he able to waive off 3mth conservancy fee alamak I think my whole kampung from blk401-408 will give him a big hug :jawdrop:

Just day dream nia

Haha men in white present keys???

If only he able to waive off 3mth conservancy fee alamak I think my whole kampung from blk401-408 will give him a big hug :jawdrop:

Just day dream nia

Haha. wait long long.

I wil be really grateful if his town council can maintain a decent level of cleanliness/maintenance at the new casa.

Haha. wait long long.

I wil be really grateful if his town council can maintain a decent level of cleanliness/maintenance at the new casa.

O as for maintainace in estate no worry lar coz I stay there for long so far so gooooooood(KFC) :sport-smiley-004:

The bangalas cleaners will be moving over there once everything settled.The only difference is we live there they maintan our estste there lor :dancingqueen:

Hope to c more new casa residents reporting here :drunk:

hi Casa neighbours

Anyone did tear down our "beautiful" (common toilets) partition and PD doors?

And what kinda doors did you change to use for the toilet entrance?

Appreciate your reply and suggestions.

TIA

hi Casa neighbours

TIA

I got rid of the partition but not the PD doors. That's how I want it to be.

It depends on your family needs. It's best to consult every member so that you will know what to do next.

My neighbor dismantled the wash basin as well.

hi Casa neighbours

TIA

I intend to dismantle the partition. But if dismantled, problems ahead are:

1) the PD doors will be see-through. You certainly do not want any one to look at you showering or doing your business fromservice yard. Need to find ways to conceal it.

2) Need to install another door to the toilet along the walkway. But may be too wide for wooden door.

Edited by hedgehog

I intend to dismantle the partition. But if dismantled, problems ahead are:

1) the PD doors will be see-through. You certainly do not want any one to look at you showering or doing your business fromservice yard. Need to find ways to conceal it.

2) Need to install another door to the toilet along the walkway. But may be too wide for wooden door.

Haha I leave it as it is coz I bo money liao :bow: pls let me tio beh bio and TOTO

Anyway no matter how the toilet is still too small for alteration,imo

hi Casa neighbours

TIA

We did! After several :curse: with hubby, we finally decided to :

1. Remove the bi-fold door to service yard and seal up that opening - this will also solve the problem of ppl seeing through from kitchen/svc yard when you are bathing or doing "business" :jawdrop:

2. Tear down the partition & PD doors provided by HDB (this retro design reminds me of my grandma's house in Mei Ling Street :bleah:)

3. Install a bi-fold door at the toilet entrance (bought from Besglas @ IMM - they are so much better than normal bi-fold door as they slide open/close easier. Also they are using top roller without any bottom so you won't see track on the floor).

4. Install glass shower-screen to segregate between dry and wet area.

The advantages of the above design will :

1. allow anyone who uses the toilet to close only 1 door instead of 2

2. allow towel rack or shelves to be wall-mounted on the seal up wall (to the service yard)

3. make the toilet looks bigger (physcologically)

4. prevent our baby girl (whose room is directly opposite the toilet) to climb thru the toilet to service yard

The disadvantages are :

1. cannot shortcut to the kitchen or service yard via the toilet

2. not much wind/air circulation with this seal up of wall to the service yard

3. cannot wash laundry by hand in the common toilet and dry them directly into the service yard

4. cannot play catching by running round and round :sport-smiley-004:

Anyway, below is how our common toilet look like in 3D drawing :

commontoilet.jpg

Edited by Mummy Ling

We did! After several :curse: with hubby, we finally decided to :

1. Remove the bi-fold door to service yard and seal up that opening - this will also solve the problem of ppl seeing through from kitchen/svc yard when you are bathing or doing "business" :jawdrop:

2. Tear down the partition & PD doors provided by HDB (this retro design reminds me of my grandma's house in Mei Ling Street :bleah:)

3. Install a bi-fold door at the toilet entrance (bought from Besglas @ IMM - they are so much better than normal bi-fold door as they slide open/close easier. Also they are using top roller without any bottom so you won't see track on the floor).

4. Install glass shower-screen to segregate between dry and wet area.

The advantages of the above design will :

1. allow anyone who uses the toilet to close only 1 door instead of 2

2. allow towel rack or shelves to be wall-mounted on the seal up wall (to the service yard)

3. make the toilet looks bigger (physcologically)

4. prevent our baby girl (whose room is directly opposite the toilet) to climb thru the toilet to service yard

The disadvantages are :

1. cannot shortcut to the kitchen or service yard via the toilet

2. not much wind/air circulation with this seal up of wall to the service yard

3. cannot wash laundry by hand in the common toilet and dry them directly into the service yard

4. cannot play catching by running round and round :sport-smiley-004:

Anyway, below is how our common toilet look like in 3D drawing :

Thanks Mummy Ling for sharing your plan. I rem all other new flats in other estates have no access to service yard from common toilet. Casa clementi is the only one with such weird and ugly design.

Guess sealing up the service yard door will not be cheap since need to tile it up. Can share what is the damage to the wallet just for sealing and tiling up this door?

Thanks.