Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
loongyh

Is It Possible To Hack The Ceiling?

Hi,

I need more vertical space. The unit above me is currently going for sale. If I purchase the unit above my current unit with the name registered to someone else who doesn't own a HDB unit, can I hack all the ceiling and replace the main door of the above unit with a wall?

Of course, all the necessary support structures like columns and beams will be left intact.

Been researching all over the internet but can't find anything on hacking of ceilings. Plenty of resources regarding hacking of walls though.

Edited by loongyh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I need more vertical space. The unit above me is currently going for sale. If I purchase the unit above my current unit with the name registered to someone else who doesn't own a HDB unit, can I hack all the ceiling and replace the main door of the above unit with a wall?

Of course, all the necessary support structures like columns and beams will be left intact.

Been researching all over the internet but can't find anything on hacking of ceilings. Plenty of resources regarding hacking of walls though.

don't think is allow , if can u will see lot of diy EM already

don't think is allow , if can u will see lot of diy EM already

That is if anyone is lucky enough to have a neighbour directly above them selling his flat..

Thing is, it should be possible right? As long as the support structures are not touched, it won't weaken the building's stability. I'd say knocking down walls will contribute more to building instability than ceilings, since gravity works vertically.

I've seen people crazy enough to knock down ALL their walls (except the toilet of course), leaving only columns standing.

That is if anyone is lucky enough to have a neighbour directly above them selling his flat..

Thing is, it should be possible right? As long as the support structures are not touched, it won't weaken the building's stability. I'd say knocking down walls will contribute more to building instability than ceilings, since gravity works vertically.

I've seen people crazy enough to knock down ALL their walls (except the toilet of course), leaving only columns standing.

But what's the possibility of not having beams in the ceiling??

so did u managed to do your duplex ?

HAHA answer is no coz I live above my parent's unit and my sis live nxt to my parents

If it can be done I thnk our unit will be very big :jawdrop:

Side by side unit U can hack but not ceiling :furious: