Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Punggolfamily

Our Own Property & Space Aka Home Sweet Home!

Thanks for clicking my t-blog!

Finally, after 3 years plus of waiting, my dearest wife and I gotten our key to our first property and space, AKA. home sweet home - 5-rm premium flat in punggol!

Currently, while waiting for the defects to be rectified, I am sourcing for an ID to create the home that we want! Approached a few shortlisted IDs from RT and are still arranging for our first meet-up. I will talk about them after I received their first quote. In the meantime, here is the floorplan:

Floorplan.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats! Welcome to the Punggol neighbourhood. Which part of punggol? Looking forward to see more pics of the reno. :D

Congrats! Your floorplan is somewhat similar to my 4Rm plan! Looking forward to your pics of renovation!

Really? Where's ur home? Is ur Reno over?

Congrats! Welcome to the Punggol neighbourhood. Which part of punggol? Looking forward to see more pics of the reno. :D

Breeze~~~~~~~~~~~~~

congrats on getting the keys to the house!

gd luck for the ID search too. definitely gonna be a busy busy mth for u.

Yes Yes! But will take a few day off this weekend to celebrate christmas

:) happy ID searching!

Hope you all the best, my punggol friend.

Seem like there will be more punggol t-blogs here soon.

Thanks! Breezers r coming!

Hi everyone! I'm still in the progress of meeting the IDs and I plan to meet all by end of next week.

BTW, could someone advise me on the following please:

1)I planned to place a ceiling fan with lighting kit in my living room such as the Fanco Fan in the picture below. But I was told that the light will flicker and you will get headache after a while. Is this true?

FF707AB.jpg

2)I'm doing a WIW for my wife but I don't like the idea of having no casement/sliding doors for the wardrobe as I want to keep the dust out. Although this WIW will be in an enclosed area, there is a window where my wife will open it occasionally for better ventilation if required- this means more dust! I thought of building sliding doors with full see-through glass. This way, it still retains the feel of a WIW and yet keeps the dust out. How about this idea? Would it look ugly or weird?

Hi everyone! I'm still in the progress of meeting the IDs and I plan to meet all by end of next week.

BTW, could someone advise me on the following please:

1)I planned to place a ceiling fan with lighting kit in my living room such as the Fanco Fan in the picture below. But I was told that the light will flicker and you will get headache after a while. Is this true?

FF707AB.jpg

2)I'm doing a WIW for my wife but I don't like the idea of having no casement/sliding doors for the wardrobe as I want to keep the dust out. Although this WIW will be in an enclosed area, there is a window where my wife will open it occasionally for better ventilation if required- this means more dust! I thought of building sliding doors with full see-through glass. This way, it still retains the feel of a WIW and yet keeps the dust out. How about this idea? Would it look ugly or weird?

Hi,

You may want to reconsider the ceiling fan with light kit which you have posted above. If that is not your only light source, it's alright.. Else, it will be a bit too dark.. As i've seen the light it's not very bright actually.

For the WIW with full height glass, why not.. Someone in renotalk did it in her WIW, it's really nice..

Hello! if you are not in a hurry, probably can start reno after CNY coz most of the IDs will be very busy now to wrap up their projects on hand, before the workers go for their long break during CNY.. ;)

And ya, i don't know why but punggol is really dusty! i keep finding "cotton balls" around the house even though i vaccum quite often.. so best is to have doors for your planned WIW ba.. but most impt is what do your wife think? its her territory afterall.. :)

wow WIW...how I wish I can have one myself but too bad no space for that as all my 3 bedrooms are fully occupied. Lately too many constructions @ punggol so it tends to be easily dusty. For my place, even my maid clean/sweep/mop the house everyday but I still find it dusty @ nite when I back from work. I think I have to bear with it till all the surrounding constructions have been fully done (I think it should takes around 1 - 2 years time. :unsure: