Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Goobii

Bad Service And Attitude By Pd Door Shop

Let dun talk about how durable pddoor is... Is the bad service by the company that pissed off ppl...

If u can bear w it... then u can consider engage it... I sure u will regret...

For those who complained about bad workmanship, it'll be good to substantiate their claims with photographs for all readers to judge.

While I was hunting around for a supplier to my kitchen doors & vanity drawers for the recess area below my windows, I was very tempted to engage PD doors becox of the pretty designs. They had an "expensive" look & would add a designer style to any of our homes which is extremely desirable for us as home owners. :good:

However, after speaking to the sales rep, I wasn't sure if things would work out. The sales rep also gave me an impression that they were out to close every single deal & back then when we visited their factory in Eunos, they didn't have a showroom. :unsure:

From my perspective, their mechanism isn't catered for heavy usage & rough handling. Say, if the tenants were to use PD doors, I didn't think they'll last & probabbly fall apart in no time. As such, I do share the sentiments of renotalk member, ossify where the usage of PD doors is concerned.

Recently, I spotted a PD door that was installed 2 years ago in a fashion boutique & it looks beautiful with great style. The proprietess claimed that the door was thrown in by her renovator 2 years ago & she was extremely satisfied with the workmanship & the installation looks great.

I'm not sure what was going on behind doors where these 2 suppliers are concerned. Sometimes they might have lost their best installers & fabricators... or ... not sure... but after my bad experience with the installer for my chimney hood & reading up alot about problematic aircons straight after the installation, I did realise that it's not easy to get good installers though it's still possible to do so.

If installation is extremely important in the busines equation of PD door, then the management should do something about it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Bad workmanship maybe able to show on photographs... cant say the same for bad service attitude.

For those who complained about bad workmanship, it'll be good to substantiate their claims with photographs for all readers to judge.

While I was hunting around for a supplier to my kitchen doors & vanity drawers for the recess area below my windows, I was very tempted to engage PD doors becox of the pretty designs. They had an "expensive" look & would add a designer style to any of our homes which is extremely desirable for us as home owners. :good:

However, after speaking to the sales rep, I wasn't sure if things would work out. The sales rep also gave me an impression that they were out to close every single deal & back then when we visited their factory in Eunos, they didn't have a showroom. :unsure:

From my perspective, their mechanism isn't catered for heavy usage & rough handling. Say, if the tenants were to use PD doors, I didn't think they'll last & probabbly fall apart in no time. As such, I do share the sentiments of renotalk member, ossify where the usage of PD doors is concerned.

Recently, I spotted a PD door that was installed 2 years ago in a fashion boutique & it looks beautiful with great style. The proprietess claimed that the door was thrown in by her renovator 2 years ago & she was extremely satisfied with the workmanship & the installation looks great.

I'm not sure what was going on behind doors where these 2 suppliers are concerned. Sometimes they might have lost their best installers & fabricators... or ... not sure... but after my bad experience with the installer for my chimney hood & reading up alot about problematic aircons straight after the installation, I did realise that it's not easy to get good installers though it's still possible to do so.

If installation is extremely important in the busines equation of PD door, then the management should do something about it.

Bad workmanship maybe able to show on photographs... cant say the same for bad service attitude.

But I dont recall seeing any photos uploaded in this thread... Was hoping to see some. The thought of having to deal with a crude & vulgar boss is enough to deter anyone from

Engaging them.

One of the ID I met advice me to do tempered sandblast glass door instead of PD door as he did mention the cost of doing PD Door versus glass door is not really very exp. he quote me a good price. I'm still considering which to engage hehehee

One of the ID I met advice me to do tempered sandblast glass door instead of PD door as he did mention the cost of doing PD Door versus glass door is not really very exp. he quote me a good price. I'm still considering which to engage hehehee

I wouldn't recommend sandblast door which used to be "fashionable" a long time ago.

Out of ignorance as consumers, we chose sandblasted sliding doors for both toilets & ended up with deep regrets. The maintenance was a real nightmare. If any oil based products or hair gel or whatever chemicals got onto the side that is coated with sand, then it's probabbly a lost cause.

U will have to live with it becox there is very little u could do to make aesthetic improvements on the door. There will be patchy stains all over. And since the door would be getting wet very often, I believe that those water marks would show up.

We should have gone for a PVC panel instead of sandblasted glass doors.

Sandblasted doors are also not for those with pets roaming at home. I need not elaborate further becox u could imagine what's going to happen...

Edited by edenstrauss

But sandblasted door is definitely better than Pddoor.... That is for sure...

I wouldn't recommend sandblast door which used to be "fashionable" a long time ago.

Out of ignorance as consumers, we chose sandblasted sliding doors for both toilets & ended up with deep regrets. The maintenance was a real nightmare. If any oil based products or hair gel or whatever chemicals got onto the side that is coated with sand, then it's probabbly a lost cause.

U will have to live with it becox there is very little u could do to make aesthetic improvements on the door. There will be patchy stains all over. And since the door would be getting wet very often, I believe that those water marks would show up.

We should have gone for a PVC panel instead of sandblasted glass doors.

Sandblasted doors are also not for those with pets roaming at home. I need not elaborate further becox u could imagine what's going to happen...

Guest Goobii

Up to date:

What happen... they sack their SALE PERSON and asked us to REPORT to CASE. Never return to fix up the toilet shower screen or even to refund of money. Worse is that the BOSS threaten "We know where you stay...better watch out."

The ex sale person informed he is terminated and also inform that the BOSS very angry and will not do the job as we had spread bad comments about them in forum and internet. This make him very unhappy to know about it.

CASE reported and pending . Not sure what will happen. For those who is interested with PD door. I suggest not to order or buy it. INSIST job done before payment. Else they will not honour theirs workmanship or words they talked... NOT even a paper or receipt to shown what is amended or discussed.

Edited by Goobii

Hi goobii,

No point going to CASE. Ur case drag so long liao.... Better go SCT to claim them...

How can they take ur money and not do anything... This is singapore... we shd not let these type of thing happen...

So what the boss is gangster... Does he have the right to take money and dun do anything...

How about u give me ur reciept number or anything related to ur case, i help u call up the shop...

I will call them til their line burst...

Up to date:

What happen... they sack their SALE PERSON and asked us to REPORT to CASE. Never return to fix up the toilet shower screen or even to refund of money. Worse is that the BOSS threaten "We know where you stay...better watch out."

The ex sale person informed he is terminated and also inform that the BOSS very angry and will not do the job as we had spread bad comments about them in forum and internet. This make him very unhappy to know about it.

CASE reported and pending . Not sure what will happen. For those who is interested with PD door. I suggest not to order or buy it. INSIST job done before payment. Else they will not honour theirs workmanship or words they talked... NOT even a paper or receipt to shown what is amended or discussed.

wah...luckily i checked RT - my mom was going to replace her kitchen door with theirs, based on them being featured on tv somewhere...

i actually went to their showroom in balestier - frankly hor, the doors on display there all look a bit cheap leh and not worth the price tag... :P so i'm not so keen now, am planning to look for alternatives for my own kitchen door (and my mom's)...

was thinking of installing but now better do more homework 1st...and now tat the lemon law kick in...not sure if can help if kana the same thing :dunno:

Installed PD doors in both my master bedroom toilet and kitchen toilet due to the "space saving" concept. Service is ok but product is horrendous to say the least. The main problem is the "latch area" on top the running track and the lock area.

To be frank, I have engaged the after service man from PD door to come back and service at least 3 times which I gave up calling PD doors now due to repeated issues even they gave 1 year warranty.

Main problem:

Latch area : After using for 3~6 months, there is a very high tendency of mis-alignment which you will never able to close properly to re-align and to slide it close/open due to the alignment problem. ( VERY COMMON issue even commented by repair man - this is MAIN PROBLEM)

Lock issue : Hard to lock due to again mis-alignment issue.

To be fair, as these types of doors is make of plastic - PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT MUCH so you must prepare for the worst and the hassle if you install them for after services which will wear you out due to time.

I do not expect much as cost is not fairly high and my primary concern is saving space and looking neat, hence my choice to chose them for present residing house.

However, as I"m moving soon to another place, I will not use these filmsy PD doors in view of past experiences and I would pay more to install something more reliable, solid and less wear/tear to last longer distance.

Just my views...

Guest Goobii

Do not use plastic for door latch... OPT for the metal latch and it would serve better.

This thread is all about their bad attitude and unreasonable excuse to avoid payment.

FYIL Till date... they did not refund or return us the money for the shower screen ...

"WHICH THEY DID NOT EVEN INSTALLED or REFUND US FOR JOB NOT EVEN DONE!!!"

Guys, any advice on toilet doors?

I'm currently using a normal bi-fold, and it's chui-ed

What options do I have?

Another bifold and risk getting it chui-ed again? No...

PD door, I've read enough here not to even consider them...

Sandblast also no good, maintenance nightmare?

What else can I do? :D

At first we thought of getting Pd doors for our 2 toilets but our contractor discouraged me not to do so, and thus we stick with Bifold doors instead.

Last September, my family went down to Balestier shop together; only a 50+ yo gentlemen came forward to talk with us. Rest of the staff were just sitting there doing nothing. Somehow, I don't feel quite welcome with their facial expression like we are insincere buyers. Likewise, they did ask for full payment before installation, but I didn't buy anything at the end.

Thank goodness me.. Lol

Waaaaa... Finally met someone who can share the same experience I had last time... I 100% agree, PD doors, Swing and Slide... belongs to is the TOP ABC in Singapore... (AH BENG COMPANY)

Btw, they don't interested in small fry like us. They taking those new condo's project, all loaded already. Hope that one fine day kanna play out by developers

and file for bankrupt in 2014.. LOL