Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

In order to brighten up my house that is lacking in natural sunlight due to the limited number of windows, I am thinking of having pure white walls coupled with white furnishing, including kitchen cabinet ... maybe a dark colour solid top for the kitchen ...

Anyone with the same type of decor at home... does it last??? Or becomes dirty very easily...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

In order to brighten up my house that is lacking in natural sunlight due to the limited number of windows, I am thinking of having pure white walls coupled with white furnishing, including kitchen cabinet ... maybe a dark colour solid top for the kitchen ...

Anyone with the same type of decor at home... does it last??? Or becomes dirty very easily...

I'm doing all-white minus furnishing! Let me tell you in a few months time! haha

Aiyo... I can't wait... hahaha.. also moving in few months time...

where do u intend to get ur furnishing

Furniture from Scanteak. I'm hoping to move in the week before CNY! :sport-smiley-018:

White Furnishing will looks great. Still cleaning and taking care of the furniture will need a little more work. Still after all the hardwork and making the house looks bright and clean doesnt it look nice? :thumbs up:

I am just worried that white kitchen cabinets will turn yellow over the yrs then it will be really yucky

Mine is well since 5 years ago. Proper cleaning and prevent over night stains.

Edited by Devilaz

In my previous flat, my mbr was painted all white. Even toilet wall and flooring was close to while colour. Now I moved to a smaller flat and I painted my mbr light blue. I re-use the lightings from my previous flat. Though current mbr is smaller and without wardrobe, unlike previously, I find the room noticeably darker.

Mine is well since 5 years ago. Proper cleaning and prevent over night stains.

That's great to know! My laminate is matt white. My previous apt kitchen I had gloss white. Two yrs and it's as good as new..prob coz I don't cook. Haha

My personal advice: just stick to white walls and light-coloured floors. If you do everything in white your interior will look very dead and sterile... In addition, it only looks good the first month. After that any scratches, dust or blemishes will ruin the look. Better go for something more practical unless you enjoy cleaning & polishing.

Going to have a mainly white MBR due to no choice as any other colour will cause us trouble. Hope it will turn out fine as still trying to acclimatize to white wardrobe, white headboard & bed, white side table so looking at loads of white furniture lately to get used to it. Dust can't see but dirt can see.

You can have a look at my t-blog. White cabinets, wardrobe, walls and 1st floor tiles (mine is an EM). Links in my signature if you are logged in to rt.

Not sure about maintenance, but my place looks much brighter post-Reno. Good luck with brightening your place.