Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

In order to brighten up my house that is lacking in natural sunlight due to the limited number of windows, I am thinking of having pure white walls coupled with white furnishing, including kitchen cabinet ... maybe a dark colour solid top for the kitchen ...

Anyone with the same type of decor at home... does it last??? Or becomes dirty very easily...

I'm intending to go for all white minimalist style. can check out my t-blog here

here's a photo of my living room in all white. white curtains on the way. I even spray painted the circuit box white!

img6865h.jpg

I've bought all white dining table, sofa, coffee table, stools to furnish the living room.

Looking forward to the maintenance challenge ;) maybe the irobots can help abit...

My cabinets are all glossy whites, including wardrobes and kitchen cabinets. My kitchen cabinets is with black solid surface but i regret getting this type of material. I don't advise on getting white furniture, is hard to maintain especially if you're thinking of leather sofa.

You may refer here for pictures:

http://mylittlecasa.blogspot.com/search/label/kitchen

and other posts on the wardrobes.

We have white/black checkered tiles on our kitchen floor and you see e-v-e-r-y stain. White walls are OK to maintain. They just need a new coat of paint every few years to look fresh. But white furniture is also a nightmare. One of our couches is also white. You can't live on this furniture. It needs to be under a glass globe to stay white. :D

I'm intending to go for all white minimalist style. can check out my t-blog here

here's a photo of my living room in all white. white curtains on the way. I even spray painted the circuit box white!

img6865h.jpg

I've bought all white dining table, sofa, coffee table, stools to furnish the living room.

Looking forward to the maintenance challenge ;) maybe the irobots can help abit...

hi,

can check with you, for spray painting the circuit, do you spray it yourself? will the paint flax off?

your design look simply and nice.

mind sharing how much you spend as I am also in the midst of researching for an id...

tia

hi,

can check with you, for spray painting the circuit, do you spray it yourself? will the paint flax off?

your design look simply and nice.

mind sharing how much you spend as I am also in the midst of researching for an id...

tia

Yup, spray painted the circuit box myself. I did some quick sanding and sprayed a white primer coat before the actual white paint. So far no problem with the paint as usually you seldom touch the circuit box.

The only area you contact is the tip of the flap cover whenever you wanna lift it open. Even that you usually contact the bottom of the cover so no issues at all. It's really a must for me else the original yellowish circuit box will stick out like a sore thumb :good:

So far if you include everything in (reno works, electrician, lights, toilet accessories, system 4 air-con) it's about 40K. Went over budget due to quite a bit of additional costs in the course of the reno. Furniture and electrical appliances excluded.

Let me know if you are keen in my ID :D

Can check out more pics of my place at my T-blog link. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45287

Good luck!

hi,

thanks for the quick reply.

can pm me your id contact?

did you do up your whole house?

how many id you went before you confirm?

for the spray part, is it a messy job?

am thinking of spraying the air con cover that have turn yellowish.

tia

Yup, spray painted the circuit box myself. I did some quick sanding and sprayed a white primer coat before the actual white paint. So far no problem with the paint as usually you seldom touch the circuit box.

The only area you contact is the tip of the flap cover whenever you wanna lift it open. Even that you usually contact the bottom of the cover so no issues at all. It's really a must for me else the original yellowish circuit box will stick out like a sore thumb :good:

So far if you include everything in (reno works, electrician, lights, toilet accessories, system 4 air-con) it's about 40K. Went over budget due to quite a bit of additional costs in the course of the reno. Furniture and electrical appliances excluded.

Let me know if you are keen in my ID :D

Can check out more pics of my place at my T-blog link. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45287

Good luck!