Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wendily86

A New Beginning At Treelodge@punggol

Oh I see, I didn't know about the trellis. Thanks for the pic. Interesting that HDB designed the terraces that way.

I don't agree that wet = rendered useless tho, it's just part of the design. Just need to get some outdoor furniture with big umbrella for alfresco dining (I'm guessing HDB won't allow the roof to be covered). That's what my friends with open (condo) terraces do. I guess from what you have written so far that you don't like the open terrace design very much, but so long as Wendi n family is happy staying there, that's all that matters right? Besides Bishan's famous sky terraces are open to the sky too and their resale prices are astronomical. I'm guessing that in time to come, Wendi will be able to make a nice profit on their 1st home. It's a penthouse loft apartment wor... how many people can/will be able to stay in a penthouse loft apartment in their lifetime?

yup.. i oso dun agree wet = useless. i totally love her loft unit. mayb she can do a retractable shelter for the open roof? dunoe if it can be done thou. but 1 bad ting abt open terrace is hav to clean the area well esp after rain. everytime the rain ended, my open terrace is extremely dirty. if dun clean in time, there will be stain n these stains very hard to clear off.

im lookin fwd to her hse reno pics.. sure turn out very nice :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I am not aware of how much knowledge you have of the penthouse units in TL, but they are certainly unlike those thousands u can find in other mature estates.

The penthouse units in TL have horizontal RC trellis forming the "roof", making them somewhat open through-to-sky kind. In case you do not know, the photo below can give you an inkling of the unit.

When it rains, the whole open-terrace will be wet rendering it useless. Unlike the thousands of units u had mentioned earlier, besides the vertical plane from which rain can enter, the penthouse unit owners will also need to take care of the openings at the top.

Oh I see, I didn't know about the trellis. Thanks for the pic. Interesting that HDB designed the terraces that way.

I don't agree that wet = rendered useless tho, it's just part of the design. Just need to get some outdoor furniture with big umbrella for alfresco dining (I'm guessing HDB won't allow the roof to be covered). That's what my friends with open (condo) terraces do. I guess from what you have written so far that you don't like the open terrace design very much, but so long as Wendi n family is happy staying there, that's all that matters right? Besides Bishan's famous sky terraces are open to the sky too and their resale prices are astronomical. I'm guessing that in time to come, Wendi will be able to make a nice profit on their 1st home. It's a penthouse loft apartment wor... how many people can/will be able to stay in a penthouse loft apartment in their lifetime?

It's not that special cos thousands of HDB maisonettes and condos (probably penthouses tho) have open terrace/balconies, but then again it's not all that common. The openness is certainly a feature most visitors to my place like, tho they share the usual concern on rain splashing in. In my place, it's not too bad. Not like my entire balcony will get wet, more like 1/3 of it. We can sit in the balcony when the rain is light. Plus my tiles and balcony furniture are supposed to be weather-safe so I don't really worry about stuff getting wet.
Hi,

I am not aware of how much knowledge you have of the penthouse units in TL, but they are certainly unlike those thousands u can find in other mature estates.

The penthouse units in TL have horizontal RC trellis forming the "roof", making them somewhat open through-to-sky kind. In case you do not know, the photo below can give you an inkling of the unit.

287i2qg.jpg

When it rains, the whole open-terrace will be wet rendering it useless. Unlike the thousands of units u had mentioned earlier, besides the vertical plane from which rain can enter, the penthouse unit owners will also need to take care of the openings at the top.

Thank you! Do you have a picture of your long balcony fan.

There you go...

balcony-fan.jpg

More pics of my balcony here: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/10/completed-pics-balcony/

Coz i can see you guys.

Not special when it rains, really.

Hmm... if my place isn't done up and I have the time to go often, I probably would too. First house mah, of course excited and happy. Most new homeowners would be I believe.

It's not that special cos thousands of HDB maisonettes and condos (probably penthouses tho) have open terrace/balconies, but then again it's not all that common. The openness is certainly a feature most visitors to my place like, tho they share the usual concern on rain splashing in. In my place, it's not too bad. Not like my entire balcony will get wet, more like 1/3 of it. We can sit in the balcony when the rain is light. Plus my tiles and balcony furniture are supposed to be weather-safe so I don't really worry about stuff getting wet.

Still, I would recommend roller shutters to Wendi cos of the afternoon sun, and shutters will also help to block the rain.

It's okay if it rains as the space is supposed to be open anyway. I think it makes the unit more special as I think not many unit would have a large open space. Anyway, how do you know we visit our unit every other day?

Coz i can see you guys.

Not special when it rains, really.

Hey I saw your home and immediately thought of this.

homes_family_img1.jpg

Source: Home and Decor

I wished I have such a large kitchen!!!! I also want a open concept kitchen. *sigh* Haha...will def take into consideration the design of the pic you posted. Looks clean and simple...the type of design I have in mind. =)

I see managing the heat as the main challenge (used to stay in a west facing apartment). As others have mentioned, solar films would help (without obstructing the sky view and airiness)... Blinds so you don't have wash and rehang curtains... Perhaps a ceiling fan (or 2?). I use my fans daily and they really help to cool the room. My IDs got my long balcony fan (2.5 m? long pole) from Khind btw: http://www.relitespecialty.com/contact_us.php

For the balcony, I think roller shutters that EM owners install would help. I only know of Paul Aluminium.

All the best for your reno!

Thank you! Do you have a picture of your long balcony fan. Oh we already bought our blinds, from my fiance's friend. Yup I also lazy to wash the curtains and we like blinds better too. =)

The more I look at this flat, the firmer idea to build my own house somewhere else I have.. Wish. Wish. Wish.

Haha..what do you mean? You just had a new place too right?

Nice loft unit there!

I immediately thot of remote controlled blinds for the living room ;)

LOL~ No budget! >.<

Wendily, u have a very nice place. I m looking forward to more pics from u .... :)

I have some pics but our place actually still v unfurnished. Our progress is very very very slow...sadly. I'll post more pictures soon but dont be too hopeful. Nothing has changed much. =p

Maybe they are broke after buying the flat, saving up for reno and waiting for auspicious date to start reno?

If I were them, I would visit my unit every other day too! :)

=)

Haha..seemed like most of the comments are towards the windows.

You will probably need to invest in good curtains or window film to help ease solar radiation heating up the house through the afternoon. Otherwise it would be quite uncomfortable at night.

Yup, actually it's quite hot in the afternoon. We've actually installed some blinds to ease up the glare from the sun. It gets really warm in the afternoon but actually towards the evening, the temperature really goes down. *cosy* We already have some solar films at home but havent got time to put them up.

It will be quite a hassle when it rains at the open terrace.

But i wonder when the reno gonna start. Almost every other day they visit their unit.

It's okay if it rains as the space is supposed to be open anyway. I think it makes the unit more special as I think not many unit would have a large open space. Anyway, how do you know we visit our unit every other day?

will u be airconditioning the hall? You will probably need two set of aircon for such a big house... :)

Bedrooms definitely we'll install. Living room we're still considering. I think in future when it gets really hot (like in Apr), we'll probably rush to install them. Haha..

Very nice unit!! totally worth it..... cos i think by 5 years, i am sure you can sell it for more than 800k.....

your loft unit and another one i saw are slightly different. Yours have open terrace..... really nice place for kids.... now i am curious to know where else have such units.

Which one did you saw? The one at Sapphire? I thought that was really nice too. No open terrace but they have a larger living room and more windows! haha... Other places with loft units? Hmm...the only other place I know of other than Sapphire and Treelodge is Dawson..which was the first time I see a picture of a loft unit..love at first sight. haha..=)

Maybe they are broke after buying the flat, saving up for reno and waiting for auspicious date to start reno?

If I were them, I would visit my unit every other day too! :)

But i wonder when the reno gonna start. Almost every other day they visit their unit.

I see managing the heat as the main challenge (used to stay in a west facing apartment). As others have mentioned, solar films would help (without obstructing the sky view and airiness)... Blinds so you don't have wash and rehang curtains... Perhaps a ceiling fan (or 2?). I use my fans daily and they really help to cool the room. My IDs got my long balcony fan (2.5 m? long pole) from Khind btw: http://www.relitespecialty.com/contact_us.php

For the balcony, I think roller shutters that EM owners install would help. I only know of Paul Aluminium.

All the best for your reno!