Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wendily86

A New Beginning At Treelodge@punggol

E blackout ones are the ones we were planning to get. Mind sharing ur t-blog w me? :)

Have a look at the links in my signature. You can see all the links when you are logged into RT.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow..nice unit you got!!..been hoping to view any of the loft unit at my block (but me not thick-skin enough to knock on the door to view..hehe). Hope to see more of the pics of your hse after you collect the keys :dribble:

Initially my hb and I also feeling 'itchy' to apply for 5 room or the loft unit @ punggol sapphire but foresee the limited units of the loft and budget issue - we have opted for 4 room instead. Every evening when back from work..seeing those lighted loft units..make me curious to view how the loft unit look like..hehe :P

Bedroom 2 will be used as my study room (but minimal work will be done for now, save cost) and study room 3 is for my mum who is staying w us temporary, as that room has more privacy.

Makes sense. I would do that too if an elder is staying in the apartment.

Dont think we'll be getting automated blinds anyway, too much of a splurge. Hahaha..by the way, how much does ur blinds cost u?

Think high 2+K to 3+K. Can't really remember... but we do have loads of blinds, and mostly the black out type which costs more I think... e.g. at the balcony doors and all over the study.

Oh~ in the end which one did you choose? Haha..thanks. I hope so too! =)))

I didn't get to choose any. Bought re-sale instead. :)

Thanks for all the great idea! I so want a kitchen w an island too. I had so much idea for an open concept but had a great disappointment when i saw e switchbox layout! Apparently the wall between kitchen n dining area cant be hacked as we suspect the circuit box and switches are there. Not undo-able but it wld mea alot of rewiring to be done. Sigh. Now im down to a boring kitchen. :(

Bedroom 2 will be used as my study room (but minimal work will be done for now, save cost) and study room 3 is for my mum who is staying w us temporary, as that room has more privacy.

Ya...! We're hoping to get blinds though. Haha...He wanted automated one lor...sure burst budget. >.<

The dining area almost non-existent and so the idea of Alfresco dining also occurred to me. hehehe, any good outdoor furniture to recommend?

And yup likely we're going for blinds too. Any idea is it much more exp? =)

Automated blinds cost a bomb. At least 1K for one set of windows I think... We didn't consider curtains at all cos I hate the idea of washing and changing curtains, plus blinds suit my decor better so we just went along with the blinds recommended by my IDs.

For outdoor dining areas, cos I dislike the fake (and real) rattan weave type of furniture, we went with Emu outdoor furniture. You can find them at Marquis at the Tai Seng showroom. By far one of the better quality outdoor furniture we came across. Marquis usually has sets going at around $1.5-2K for a set of 4 chairs and a table. Not the cheapest, but I think they can last for a while and is not too bad for dining set. Think for your place you'll have space for either a round or rectangular table (e.g. Ronda range), but best to measure and check. We nearly got a set that was way too big.

If I get a loft apt like yours, I wouldn't put in any platforms to fill up the void cos I think I would enjoy the high ceiling very much. But yeah, very much a lifestyle thing. Possibly if I need a study, I would put in a removable platform for a study area + bookshelves (saw a home with such a structure in Home & Decor mag long time ago, metal frame, glass flooring) assuming that HDB doesn't allow permanent structures to be put up... think such platforms don't come cheap, so be prepared for up to 5 fig sum.

Have you thought about your preferred layout?

Layout I would go for if I had your place (or for a couple w/o kids or older folks staying along)...

- Kitchen: Open it up and squeeze in a breakfast counter for coffee machine etc. Doubles as back-up eating place for wet weather.

- Living room: Stay as is, put in shoe cabinet somewhere. Hang a chandelier or a few nice hanging lights.

- Open terrace: Alfresco dining place, plus roller shutter for wet weather.

- BR2: Convert as MBR (lazy me hate to walk up the stairs plus I think the space is inadequate for wardrobe)

- BR3: Walk-in wardrobe... plus middle island with jewelry/watch display/drawers. Perhaps pole system in case need to convert room as baby room next time.

- MBR: Study, again nothing in-built in case need to convert to another room next time.

To save money, minimal hacking (only the kitchen wall), retain all flooring and wall tiles, white walls (i.e. no wallpaper, etc), no grills (do when have kids), minimal electrical work, minimal carpentry (just shoe cabinet, TV console, bathroom mirror/cabinets, kitchen cabinets and all others get off the shelf and on discount whenever possible). Go easy on pocket since you just started working. :)

Looking forward to more pics when you get your key.

Bedroom 2 can access open terrace directly. MBR can look down from the windows to open terrace too. Windows and stairs will only know when i go in. :)

As far as I know, there are a few members on RT living in treelodge but none are holding the loft unit. If you know pls tell me as i have tonnes of qns to ask them too! Thanks! :)

Can see open terrace from the Master Bedroom? Are the windows casement type? Bedroom 2 also can have access to terrace? Do u have picture of the staircase?

Who else in this blog has the same layout as u?

Edited by potatoes

Agree. Wendily, i like the open terrace, giving a really high space..... A really unique feature.The glass panels on the upper level cannot be opened?

The way I see it, I dont think so. Anyway it's so high up, abit difficult open also. :P

And the high glass panel maximise light entry, so the entire place appears much larger than it really is. =)

wah are u an engineer? lols. the double ht void seemed to be more like a "lifestyle living" kind of concept rather than maximising space utilisation. haha..any suggestions? :sport-smiley-004:

Agree. Wendily, i like the open terrace, giving a really high space..... A really unique feature.The glass panels on the upper level cannot be opened?

Very interesting unit, I would be thinking of how I could use the double height void in the living room and terrace, otherwise it seems very wasted.

wah are u an engineer? lols. the double ht void seemed to be more like a "lifestyle living" kind of concept rather than maximising space utilisation. haha..any suggestions? :sport-smiley-004:

Nice! This was the unit that I actually wanted to get. But my queue was so far back!!! Haha. Congrats!!! Amazing unit. I'm sure you will love every minute of it. :)

Oh~ in the end which one did you choose? Haha..thanks. I hope so too! =)))