Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piknik

}[ No Money Still Wanna Do Reno ]{

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sorry to hear about that. Most contractors are work independently, so they take care of several projects sometimes so as to earn more. Its goes the same to some house owners also, due to budget constraint, how many willing to pay more for better services, at least 2 persons are taking care of the project together, eg. supervisor/coordinator and manager?

Thanks..

To be clear, I didn't accept Tommy's charity price. I questioned his intention for this directly and discussed all doubt over n over. Only when we reached mutual understanding, we told Tommy to do our house.

Now, maybe ikea kitchen is a good suggestion. Hahahhaa.... :dribble:

Thanks..

To be clear, I didn't accept Tommy's charity price. I questioned his intention for this directly and discussed all doubt over n over. Only when we reached mutual understanding, we told Tommy to do our house.

Now, maybe ikea kitchen is a good suggestion. Hahahhaa.... :dribble:

Sometimes, its really hard to do with friends or relative who is a contractor/ID. Personally, I had rejected my relatives and friends house renovation works too. I'm also worry about spoiling the relationship....but I will pass them to my colleagues... :D

You have to be careful with such person, piknik. Even if you know him well as friends, doesn't mean he won't take your money and run away. How you can break off a friendship? Answer: Borrow/take money from the person, and MIA. When comes to arguing about money, no more friendship

Thank you all for your well wishes.

I will now occupy myself with other things while waiting for Tommy's decision.

My hubby is not at home yet. I don't know exactly what has happened so far btw them.

My purchase for the kitchen:

1/ Sharp water oven. For a healthy lifestyle... $939.

Don't know how many years of warranty I will have, gotta check again with the salesperson.

6862245290_3772a7f511_d.jpg

2/ Mitsubishi fridge MR-V45C pearl black. $790.

A forum member here bought it for $785 in 2010 @ *spam.

V45C.jpg

We like the black 3 doors hitachi fridge, slimmer than Mitsubishi fridge, but taller..

Also, price more expensive.

I didn't choose hitachi one as I don't like the freezer to be at the bottom.

3/ Hitachi rice cooker 1.8L. $129.

6862259660_50fa898922_m_d.jpg

4/ rinnai tempered glass two inner burner $650.

5/ fujioh hood fx900 $390.

Think can get old but rarely used blender, water boiler, portable induction hob from my FiL.

And my mom will give me her old white tableware and some cutlery to use first.

Can slowly buy nicer stuff later..

What else do I need to buy?

--- washing machine ---

It's general knowledge that front load washers save more water than top load ones.

How about electricity? Which one saves more energy?

I find top load is better for those do laundry often.

Gentle on the back. :) especially for pregnant ladies.

Sharp top load washer 7kg, around $300...

Water consumption: 92L

Power consumption: 380w.

Taken from sharp website so don't know how they measure this.

6862281584_fc8497c1cf_d.jpg

Brandt continental top load $799 special price.

Water consumption: 52L

Power consumption: 1.14kwh

Based on 60E cycle, 2.5hrs duration.

6862281480_9e523e5f7d_d.jpg

Like this, how do you choose one?

It's like either waste water or waste energy.

On the other hand, the Brandt one has a quick wash option.

Power consumption would be around 370w.

If use normal wash cycle, lowest temp (0 degree), the power consumed might be less than the estimated amount.

Hum...

Edited by piknik

Front load is better for clothings, gentler and cleaner cos it have hot water feature. Top load do not have hot water unless you pipe in hot water from your storage heater.

Not sure abt top load so cant really advise you. But usually ppl will buy front load so that dryer can stack on it.

I have used front and top load before. Personally, design wise, I prefer front load because it looks nicer, but for practical use, top load is better. Our top load machine's lifespan is longer than than front load. One advantage for top load is you can throw in more clothes even when the washer starts.

I prefer top load too as what ayazumi said, plus it can be instant laundry basket. Hehe....

Edited by beluga

sorry to hear about your plight, hopefully all can be resolved amicably.

Still deciding to get a front or top load washing machine.

Hi hi.. I forgot to highlight, I consider buying top load washer only. Like ayazumi n begula said, we can make it a laundry basket n while washing, can throw in a bit of light articles.

The models I showed above are both top load, one is a continental one so look like top load but work like a front load.

After a few readings abt electricity cost for Brandt top load, n compared with the Sharp one, I am thinking if it is worth money buying the Brandt washer n just use quick wash option in order to save electricity, while it already helps to save water by half.

I came across energy star website, from US gorvment. Check on samsung top load, saw that it qualifies for both water n energy saving buy those two models' codes r not similar to samsung top load models in Singapore Market.

Do you know any top load washer that save energy as well as water?

Hi hi.. I forgot to highlight, I consider buying top load washer only. Like ayazumi n begula said, we can make it a laundry basket n while washing, can throw in a bit of light articles.

The models I showed above are both top load, one is a continental one so look like top load but work like a front load.

After a few readings abt electricity cost for Brandt top load, n compared with the Sharp one, I am thinking if it is worth money buying the Brandt washer n just use quick wash option in order to save electricity, while it already helps to save water by half.

I came across energy star website, from US gorvment. Check on samsung top load, saw that it qualifies for both water n energy saving buy those two models' codes r not similar to samsung top load models in Singapore Market.

Do you know any top load washer that save energy as well as water?

How bout fisher and paykel? Suppose to be top in water saving. Not sure about electricity though. I have been using the 8kg model for almost 8 years now. Still going strong.

I personally don't like Brandt because there is second inner layer plastic cover which I feel irritated when opening. I may scratch my hand if I put my hand in to reach for clothes. With the inner plastic, the opening becomes smaller. I would also suggest save water than saving electricity. For our PUB bill, the highest consumption is always the water first, the latter is electricity. Maybe don't buy this Sharp model. Choose other brands to compare with Brandt.