Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piknik

}[ No Money Still Wanna Do Reno ]{

--- bought wallpaper online, received bad packaging that ruined the wallpaper ---

Received the package, fragile item handled without care!

6895152736_59ca447ca5_z_d.jpg

Result: crumbled wallpaper

7041251303_4791f12620_z_d.jpg

Another lesson: no online purchase.

As you can't be sure if you can contact the seller to get a refund or exchange.

Bought from popartuk.com

Sucked.

I have called the store office in UK directly yesterday afternoon, 9.30am uk time.

The staff was really polite and helped me fix the problem so fast

That by this morning, i was informed that a new replacement has been sent to us.

Let see the quality of the new wallpaper, and i will write review again. ;)

Happy, for this time being.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The plumber should have use joint instead of bending the steel pipe... maybe can ask him to redo?

If i'm you, i will put my sink above the drainage pipe and water supply as the counter space (about 1000mm) to the left can be of better use, 1000mm counter space is big enough for a table top dish drainer or use it as a preparation table for raw ingredients, can also use it as a serving table before carry it out to the dining table. You make the wall behind the sink short for exposing your sink (if it is full of dirty dishes and plates) to your guest?

I think everyone walks into my flat from main door will immediately see the whole kitchen through the glass panel, according to our prefered design. My dining table will be right in front of the kitchen. :rolleyes:

--- hubby did these ---

1/ kitchen layout:

7048300225_f75b744fb9_z_d.jpg

3d render is from a member here, his punggol spring kitchen has the same layout as us. So we use it To draw on top. Easy to understand. Note that our dining are is bigger than the one in the 3d render, Thus we are able to have a big squarish living room. Actually, our layput is quite simliar to Defilio's layout (yoshun jadespring) as well.

7048300477_40696627ed_z_d.jpg

2/ master bedroom mood board:

Will use light color for wardrobe (no longer pole system), platform and curtain to give an illusion of large space.

7048300847_1e15b9c480_c_d.jpg

3/ study room mood board:

Copy photos from member Reiki and a breezer and Interet plus Ikea.

7048301143_8f5a0f4a4b_c_d.jpg

Recommened app for iphone: upad. Very User-friendly. Lots of function.

Edited by piknik

Very nicely drawn! Are you getting those lab sink for your kitchen?

We intend to get a ceramic sink, never thought of lab sink, though they r quite the same in appearance. :) hubby like a white sink so choices r limited.

--- Can definitely paint a laminated surface ---

Source: internet / apartment therapy

I've painted Ikea white laminate, cheifly the Billy Bookcases. It isn't difficult. These are instructions I typed for the ST Cure (week 6):

Painting the Billy's isn't difficult...just time consuming and a bit painstaking. I actually have four more short bookcases in the living room I've been wanting to paint for ages, but it's really not going to get done this year.

I used melamine paint in "cloud white." It just takes the glare out of the Ikea white. Melamine paint can be tinted any colour--except a medium to dark one. Apparently, if you try, you just get a "pale" version of your deep colour. (That's what happened when I painted the one in the dining room green.)

1) Scuff every surface to be painted with 100 grit sandpaper. (I use an angled sanding sponge--works quickly and well).

2) Cut in the corners with a foam brush and use a light hand. Apply the paint with a small (6") sponge roller. This is key. The paint must go on smoothly and evenly.

3) Be careful of drips on the sides of the shelves. I wasn't this time and I had to spend some time sanding it off so the shelves would fit. Even then, I had to use our Army Engineer mallett to get some in.

Melamine is an oil based product, so wrap up your materials tightly in a plastic bag between coats. 1/2 dried bits of melamine causes no end of headaches.

Oh, so the storm is bc of the consensed state of buildings in small area like punggol.

Thanks. I also hope for good things by the end of this rectification weekend.

Tommy agreed to do it for us.

Thanks, jaskel. You are less busy now? Cos i read your blog last yr and you havent got any update of your flat renovation since then. Oh, you stay @ punggol right? Any good doctor to recommend?

I'm having more stress now...dealing with commercial projects and doing night works.. :D..so not taking up any HDB unless is recommended by someone....basically my flat reno is on halt for the moment as I got no time to design carpentry work yet..wife is :curse: me...lol..

...good babies and kids docs are at sengkeng rivervale mall, and Blk 108 clinic...punggol plaza the clinic there...service not very good...written close at 9.30pm...go there 8.30pm and they said closed already, not taking in anymore. :curse:

Edited by jaskel

--- hubby did these ---

1/ kitchen layout:

3d render is from a member here, his punggol spring kitchen has the same layout as us. So we use it To draw on top. Easy to understand. Note that our dining are is bigger than the one in the 3d render, Thus we are able to have a big squarish living room. Actually, our layput is quite simliar to Defilio's layout (yoshun jadespring) as well.

Will use light color for wardrobe (no longer pole system), platform and curtain to give an illusion of large space.

Mind if I give some inputs on those layout and stuffs?

Mind if I give some inputs on those layout and stuffs?

Oh yes, please give comment. We need advice.

Right now my contractor Tommy had moved the pipe for sink to the left, so the sink will be just right at the end of the counter top on the left, super close the dining area. He said it's better but cannot give us any explanation why it is good... :bangwall:

My two new neighbours went to the clinic @ punggol plaza.. The old doctor one. They got stomach pain. Both came on different occasions. Both were told they need to go emergency room bc they had appendicitis! Both rushed to hospital only to be told it was just a normal gastric pain! :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

Thanks for the info on the good clinic. ;)

Edited by piknik

--- hubby did these ---

1/ kitchen layout:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

100marks for the artistic drawing... amazed!

If you don't like the sink position, ask him to change. I don't think it's nice to put the sink so far end.

Hubby did ask him to do again according to what we planned. But i just wonder, why tommy did so.

Sighed...

Edited by piknik

--- hubby did these ---

1/ kitchen layout:

2 doors interlock swing out...not that good. Over the time, due to the weight of the doors, hinges might not able to hold well and there the door will sag. Closing and opening will also cause a problem especially is 2 big piece. How about change it to corner drawers, u can take reference from Blum corner drawers.

U can try using mirror to give the illusion of bright and spacious of the bedroom.

Do take care of the platform height on HDB requirement.

As for large storage space, think 600-700mm will be the max. unless there is center support underneath. U won't want to step in the middle of the door and .......

Is the green colour highlighted the layout of the full height bookshelves? If yes, from the highlighted portion, it look like it will block the window, that's mean lesser light and wind in.

Not sure what is the width of the workstation flushing with the window edge, but a normal width for it should be around 600-700mm.

I had no objection on this cable management compartment, just a few points to take note;

a) Powerpoint with plug, the dimension of the length, width and depth. eg single powerpoint socket box dim. is est. L100xW100xD50mm, power plug for monitor is like 30mm thickness, u going to plug it in vertical or horizontal, left, right or center do affect the compartment internal dimension.

b) Using 2-pin plug, the depth of the compartment will need to go deeper. If looking from the above pic of the compartment, using 2-pin plug might be a problem. Not to forget the bending of the cable.

c) Try not to use such long piece flip out for the compartment, separate them to 2 or 3 if u got a long workstation.

Anyway, this your contractor will advise u and I think he should be experience enough to know all this small details.

For my own point of view, I might change the layout of the whole arrangement such as the yellow highlighted will be the full height bookshelves, the green highlighted will be the workstation with top cabinet or shelving of course no L-shape.

Oh yes, please give comment. We need advice.

Right now my contractor Tommy had moved the pipe for sink to the left, so the sink will be just right at the end of the counter top on the left, super close the dining area. He said it's better but cannot give us any explanation why it is good... :bangwall:

My two new neighbours went to the clinic @ punggol plaza.. The old doctor one. They got stomach pain. Both came on different occasions. Both were told they need to go emergency room bc they had appendicitis! Both rushed to hospital only to be told it was just a normal gastric pain! :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

Thanks for the info on the good clinic. ;)

Might be able to list out for u some of the pros and cons for having the sink so far left.

Bigger and longer work space area.

Just turn and u can throw your dishes into the sink... :P

Water splash onto the floor, especially if your living/dining floor are those glossy finishing...slippery.

Lesser walk space if someone want to pass thru while u doing the washing, depend on the length of the dining table and width of the chair.

Look like u do not have the dish tray holder so most likely u either going to put a standing 1 or wipe clean after washing and keep in drawers.