Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KittyJems

Modern Country Living

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My bomb shelter door - cum household notice board. :notti:

Cannot stick magents on the fridge as I was informed that the magnets will be constantly 'charged' thereby cause the fridge to consume more electricity.

So have converted an eye sore (aka bomb shelter door) into a useful and fun element.

img0269fn.jpg

Hope to have some time over the weekends to pack-up the bedrooms nicely before taking pics. :sport-smiley-004:

So this completes phase 1 of my mini reno journey. Moving on.... I hope to do some additional stuffs like adding in cornices to the ceiling, simple chair rails or wainscotting on the walls and possibly wallpapering the bedrooms. These will enhance the look and feel of a cosy country home.

Have any ideas??? Do share.... thanks. :drunk:

Edited by KittyJems

i love your kitchen cabinets. Thats always the kind of design i wanted for my room.

Thank you for the compliment. I've always loved this style but cos it's expensive to replicate, I only got the chance to do it now. Even then, not my whole house is done in this style due to budget. Need to slowly upgrade as $$$ comes in. hahahaha... :sport-smiley-018:

Simply like your country kitchen cabinets..., perhaps that will be my next project 5 years down the road....

Thanks for the compliments. Yup yup... will be nice to upgrade your home 5-years later. Gives it a 'refreshed' and 'updated' feel. :good:

If you don't mind me asking... how much did your kitchen come up to pfr?

Is it all using solid ply? What about soft closing mechanism? Does the cost include the solid surface?

Thanks.

Really like the kitchen...:D

If you don't mind me asking... how much did your kitchen come up to pfr?

Is it all using solid ply? What about soft closing mechanism? Does the cost include the solid surface?

Thanks.

Really like the kitchen...:D

I'm not sure how much it is pfr cos my ID quoted me as a whole costing. Everything included -BLUM soft closing and granite top costs about $8K. You can call Forestwood to provide you with quote if you like this design. :D

Thanks very much for the pricing. Can I ask from left to right roughly how long is your run of kitchen cabinets (minus the doorway part..:D)

Asking so I can get a rough idea of how much it'll cost for my kitchen if I wanna do...:D

Thanks

oh...thats very expensive. after conversion its only 12.1ft and already cost $8000. I guess nice things doesn't comes cheap.

oh...thats very expensive. after conversion its only 12.1ft and already cost $8000. I guess nice things doesn't comes cheap.

Thanks for the info. Now I know how many kidneys I have to sell to do up my kitchen...:D:jawdrop::sport-smiley-004:

Erm... The measurements I gave is the length for each side of the kitchen. Not the total length of all the cabinets.

Paiseh... I not sure what's the usual price pfr for normal kitchens so dunno if I am way over-charged or not. *faintz*

But Country Style kitchens only 2 main ID's in SG can do it well - Cottage Crafts & Forestwood. Pricing I compared is about that region. I even got quotation from 2 other designers saying they can do country style - but their quote also not much cheaper. Maybe cos mine is condo? So they mark up quite abit? :rolleyes:

Edited by KittyJems