Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xduckx

Need Some Advice

Hi Guys,

I need some advice on how i should start my Reno process.

Situation :

My wife and I have some architecture background. We studied something related to buildings in our uni days. Thus we are able the design to our flat and measurements to everything. A few IDs we met were impressed with our floorplans and 3D drawings that they said their job was pretty much done in the design stage.

So my questions are ..

1) what benefits do i get now if i hired an ID? i know i pay a 10-20% premium to him for his design services which i have done already

2) can i just go straight to a main con to help me settle everything and by pass the ID?

3) what other use is the ID besides the design stage?

4) do cons themselves have an in house ID that would help me select tiles and do up the necessary applications for me?

hope you guys can advice.

thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

a ID person is to help you realise your plans on the actual site.

their job is also to advice you on site restrictions as compared to the design intent.

finally the ID will also help you filter the good workers and suppliers, and to coordinate the works on site.

a ID person is to help you realise your plans on the actual site.

their job is also to advice you on site restrictions as compared to the design intent.

finally the ID will also help you filter the good workers and suppliers, and to coordinate the works on site.

Ah ic.. ok so i guess i need the ID or else i'll be doing alot of coordination myself (: understood thanks!

Ah ic.. ok so i guess i need the ID or else i'll be doing alot of coordination myself (: understood thanks!

I think some of the contractor able to do up the job as well, with coordinating the work with diff sub-con. u might wanna sort for it. And compare the quote. Might save up abit from appointing ID.

Cheers!!

I think some of the contractor able to do up the job as well, with coordinating the work with diff sub-con. u might wanna sort for it. And compare the quote. Might save up abit from appointing ID.

Cheers!!

thanks! yeah now to do some hunting liao haha!

ID save you all the hassle & sh*t that you will come across all the way while doing ur reno.

(Unless you belong to the type of ppl that have strong coordinating skills,then its beta to pay abit more & get a ID)

If anything cock-up,done not to your expectation etc,u can just get your ID to settle.

If no ID can you imagine you have to get the wiring guy,painting guy,furniture guy, etc & chase @ them.

These extra chores can reli make your blood pressure shot real high up.