Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sog12345

Stay Away From Fcc Furniture!

BAD reviews of FCC (they have a shop in Sungei Kadut and one at Traders hub) are all over the place…experiences much worse than mine - but it’s my misfortune that I read them all after placing the order. To my horror…when delivery happened – all my fears came true!!

Date – 15th Oct – I like to plan things in future…wanted delivery by Dec 15th, as we were moving into our new house then. To be doubly sure I am ahead of the Chinese new year rush, I made sure I ordered the Couch (L shaped sofa) well in advance. That fateful day I land up in FCC Sungei Kadut.

Extremely friendly (but English challenged) saleslady…came down to the point of using “please buy – I am parttimer and need the money”…but we ordered a half leather L shaped couch for $1430. Paid half in deposit. The color for us is VERY important…we chose a dark red color. Since I am paranoid…I made her write 3 things on the invoice –

1. Delivery date of Dec 15th

2. COLOR code of the sofa

3. Half LEATHER and not PU – I made her write on INVOICE

Very happy to get the dream sofa.

Fast forward to Dec 15th…just moved into dream house. Couch delivery guy calls….delivery on time, as promised at 2pm. 1 out of 3 correct.

Couch comes – BRIGHT ORANGE color!!! Absolute horror!! I ask the delivery guy to take it right back from the door. The owner calls immediately – please keep it in your house. I will personally come in evening to sort out. Ok. Keep it in living room. That’s when I check the material – OUT and out PU – no sign of LEATHER. Now that’s friggin CHEATING!! Color I can understand human error…they have taken money for Leather and giving PU!!

Anyways…the lady saunters in at 9pm (after promising 630pm) – no apologies. She is a heavy set lady (name – Chan) with a salesguy. The sales guy tries to apologize and work a solution. The lady just says NO to everything. Color – sorry, cannot change now. Please accept. What about PU instead of leather??? See, its written on the invoice!! Answer.. “ Hmm…ok. Actually this is not leather…agree, but has 40% recycled leather…that’s what we meant by half leather!!” CAN YOU BELIEVE THE GALL!! Ends up being a shouting match…when I realize she is not budging. Basically they came to push us the pu orange sofa. All she kept saying…I will give discount…you take this only. If you want new one with right color – wait till Jan 20th !!! THAT’S EXACTLY what I wanted to avoid.

Time now – 10pm – we go to her shop close to midnight from East coast to Sungei Kadut. I wanted to show her the color samples a chose and the leather samples. At 1030 – I have the leather sample. We reach an agreement – I agree to get a sofa in Jan 20 with right color. Then she drops the bomb – Please top up $300 more 

Speechless. I walk out, to save my blood vessels from exploding. Couldn’t believe its happening in Singapore!! While walking out..I just ask her to take the sofa out and pay be my balance. I threaten to give feedback on forum.

Next day she calls…says no top up needed…she will do it. But I ask her – can you please write cowhide leather on invoice and promise delivery before Chinese new year? NO. Ok, no worries…am desperate now. Can you bring us the color samples for us to select again? No – you some to sungei kadut and do it. That’s it – I told her to give me cash the next day and have it collected. She says – boss…keep the orange sofa no? For $730 only. I say no…to accommodate her…take the day off and make sure she takes it. Gives back my money on Dec 25th.

Now, here I am…in my new house, without a sofa. THERE is NO shop in Singapore that says they can deliver a sofa I like before Feb 1st, if not March 1st because of Chinese New Year. Have upped my budget to $2200, been to 20 more shops.

I CURSE THE DAY I WENT TO FCC (FURNITURE COLLECTION CENTER) TO BUY THE DAMNED COUCH!! I EARNESTLY WANT TO DO MY BEST TO WARN OTHERS TO NOT FALL FOR THE SAME TRAP. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM FCC. THEY ARE A DISGRACE TO PROFESSIONALISM AND FURNITURE SHOPS. WORLDWIDE. IF YOU ARE THINKING OF IT…PM ME AND I WILL PERSONALLY PERSUADE YOU OUT OF IT.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

BAD reviews of FCC (they have a shop in Sungei Kadut and one at Traders hub) are all over the place…experiences much worse than mine - but it’s my misfortune that I read them all after placing the order. To my horror…when delivery happened – all my fears came true!!

Date – 15th Oct – I like to plan things in future…wanted delivery by Dec 15th, as we were moving into our new house then. To be doubly sure I am ahead of the Chinese new year rush, I made sure I ordered the Couch (L shaped sofa) well in advance. That fateful day I land up in FCC Sungei Kadut.

Extremely friendly (but English challenged) saleslady…came down to the point of using “please buy – I am parttimer and need the money”…but we ordered a half leather L shaped couch for $1430. Paid half in deposit. The color for us is VERY important…we chose a dark red color. Since I am paranoid…I made her write 3 things on the invoice –

Fast forward to Dec 15th…just moved into dream house. Couch delivery guy calls….delivery on time, as promised at 2pm. 1 out of 3 correct.

Couch comes – BRIGHT ORANGE color!!! Absolute horror!! I ask the delivery guy to take it right back from the door. The owner calls immediately – please keep it in your house. I will personally come in evening to sort out. Ok. Keep it in living room. That’s when I check the material – OUT and out PU – no sign of LEATHER. Now that’s friggin CHEATING!! Color I can understand human error…they have taken money for Leather and giving PU!!

Anyways…the lady saunters in at 9pm (after promising 630pm) – no apologies. She is a heavy set lady (name – Chan) with a salesguy. The sales guy tries to apologize and work a solution. The lady just says NO to everything. Color – sorry, cannot change now. Please accept. What about PU instead of leather??? See, its written on the invoice!! Answer.. “ Hmm…ok. Actually this is not leather…agree, but has 40% recycled leather…that’s what we meant by half leather!!” CAN YOU BELIEVE THE GALL!! Ends up being a shouting match…when I realize she is not budging. Basically they came to push us the pu orange sofa. All she kept saying…I will give discount…you take this only. If you want new one with right color – wait till Jan 20th !!! THAT’S EXACTLY what I wanted to avoid.

Time now – 10pm – we go to her shop close to midnight from East coast to Sungei Kadut. I wanted to show her the color samples a chose and the leather samples. At 1030 – I have the leather sample. We reach an agreement – I agree to get a sofa in Jan 20 with right color. Then she drops the bomb – Please top up $300 more 

Speechless. I walk out, to save my blood vessels from exploding. Couldn’t believe its happening in Singapore!! While walking out..I just ask her to take the sofa out and pay be my balance. I threaten to give feedback on forum.

Next day she calls…says no top up needed…she will do it. But I ask her – can you please write cowhide leather on invoice and promise delivery before Chinese new year? NO. Ok, no worries…am desperate now. Can you bring us the color samples for us to select again? No – you some to sungei kadut and do it. That’s it – I told her to give me cash the next day and have it collected. She says – boss…keep the orange sofa no? For $730 only. I say no…to accommodate her…take the day off and make sure she takes it. Gives back my money on Dec 25th.

Now, here I am…in my new house, without a sofa. THERE is NO shop in Singapore that says they can deliver a sofa I like before Feb 1st, if not March 1st because of Chinese New Year. Have upped my budget to $2200, been to 20 more shops.

I CURSE THE DAY I WENT TO FCC (FURNITURE COLLECTION CENTER) TO BUY THE DAMNED COUCH!! I EARNESTLY WANT TO DO MY BEST TO WARN OTHERS TO NOT FALL FOR THE SAME TRAP. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM FCC. THEY ARE A DISGRACE TO PROFESSIONALISM AND FURNITURE SHOPS. WORLDWIDE. IF YOU ARE THINKING OF IT…PM ME AND I WILL PERSONALLY PERSUADE YOU OUT OF IT.

Poor thing!! I really feel your anger in your post. The shop just want to push the orange sofa down your throat! I just don't understand why they can still survive after doing all this bad things to their customers...they are still setting up booth in all furniture exhibitions. BTW, could you tell me how you check the orange sofa and find out its PU instead of PU??? Burnt it?? I got cheated once cause I couldn't check the sofa being delivered. Now I very phobia in buying sofas.....

Thanks for the kind words... :(

I am no expert in finding out leather from PU myself, esp. with these new form of bonded / mixed / recycled leathers coming in. But even then, I could figure (so imagine how obvious it was) :) Basically...they can make PU look like leather, but three things i looks at -

1. Smoothness (texture)- mine was as smooth as fabric - very similar to the ikea chair i had bought some time back which i knew was PU

2. Crease formed when you press your finger on it - if ugly grainy stretch mark type creases form...its leather

3. Color tone - pure leather can never be fully uniform color. They use the full cow (sorry to be crass), but this is what the salesperson of a very high end store told me. neck area etc are of different tones. genuine cowhide will have different tones. its its beautifully one tone - there's something fishy.

That's all i know...and did. and was (sadly) enough in my case because the thing was so obviously synthetic...and they agreed without much pressurizing as well.

sog

Thanks for sharing. I had bad experience with renovation contractor (see forum- ID closed shop and job undone), and hope will not experience with furnitures. I'm looking for wardrobe & TV console. Any recommendation (other than those big name).

lol...just my luck...i didnt saw this post only after i order dining set, sofa and coffee table from FCC 3 months ago..

Suppose to deliver today evening which i expected latest at 9plus they come...then at 10.35pm a few minutes ago...they call and tell me they can deliver at 12am...i told them its ridicuous...12am is too late...and they mention will arrange delivery again...lucky for them that i'm not in a hurry..tomorrow going to call their office to complain.

lol...just my luck...i didnt saw this post only after i order dining set, sofa and coffee table from FCC 3 months ago..

Suppose to deliver today evening which i expected latest at 9plus they come...then at 10.35pm a few minutes ago...they call and tell me they can deliver at 12am...i told them its ridicuous...12am is too late...and they mention will arrange delivery again...lucky for them that i'm not in a hurry..tomorrow going to call their office to complain.

Gd luck to u... complain oso useless... they are well known for delay delivery

I had recently ordered furniture from FCC. I was skeptical in the beggining due to the forum. I only read about it after purchasing the items. I had in fact made a call to cancel my order however was convinced by Winson to give them a chance to proof themselves and he had assured that we will not regret. I'm glad we listened to him.

I ordered my items in November 2013 and the promised delivery date was 4th January. I would just like to say that everything went amazingly smooth. Their logistics called 2 days before the delivery date to fix the time of delivery. Delivery was on time and furniture were in good condition. The were very pretty to what I had wanted. I am so satisfied and I'm planning to visit their warehouse again.

The only problem i had was only the communication problems with the delivery men. Despite the languange barrier, they were very helpful and nice.

thanks for sharing... better avoid this shop...

OMG! I just bought a mattress from Alvin of FCC Furniture at Singapore Expo!.. My BTO flat key collection will be in June 2014. He said that they can KIV and keep the mattress for me till the new house arrives and complete reno works.. now im worried if it might not arrive at all. Its a king size that we bought at $1400. So yea. :(