Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenkoh88

The Helping Hands Mover

Hi Minerat, would you like to elaborate your experience?

Okay, I will give a very balanced view.

Plus points

Indeed as pointed out by many forummers here, they are very fast, efficient, friendly and professional. They did everything in double-quick time and ensure that everytime gets moved orderly.

Traumatic

Unfortunately, their speed became their bane at times. They are so focused on getting things done fast, sometimes at the expense of care.

1. They wore shoes into my house. I know that is pretty minor but people do get bothered by it.

2. They use the trolley inside my house, and load all the heavy stuff onto the trolley before dragging the trolley (with all the load) inside my house. They also have this habit to tilt the trolley with their foot and bang it down onto the floor. Needless to say, they created alot (and I mean ALOT) of scratches on my parquet floorings because of that.

3. When they were trying to move my sofa, I told them that the sofa can be dismantled into 3 individual seats. They tried to do so but end up dragging my sofa all over the living room. Needless to say, my marble flooring was pretty badly scratched.

4. From the beginning, I'd already told them that my King bed needed to dismantle and reassemable. However, when the bed was moved over, the IC told me they don't have enough time to reassemble my bed for me because they have another job to rush to. I was like...WT :furious: Insisted that they reassembled the bed, which they finally did, but did it wrongly! I have to call them back to reassemble, which kudos to them, they did.

5. After the move, I'd found scratches and tears on my leather sofa, scratches on the side of piano etc.

At the end of it all, as I was standing in my house looking at all the scratches on my floors I asked myself if this is what I want for my new house?? No doubt they are fast and good and professional but I'd trade that anyday for them to take more care about my house and ensure that things remain in good condition after the move. So for my new house, I made sure my movers commit to hand-carry and take off shoes inside my house.

Edited by Minerat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Minerat, would you like to elaborate your experience?

I used Helping Hands when moving out. The experience was pretty traumatic for me. I will not use or recommend them again.

I used Helping Hands when moving out. The experience was pretty traumatic for me. I will not use or recommend them again.

Hi, can you advise if any of your items sustained any damages? Or scratches please?

There was a forummer who seemed quite upset with them.

So far mine is okie. Maybe he can look for Richard n speak to their team leader when spotted the damages...

Hi, can you advise if any of your items sustained any damages? Or scratches please?

There was a forummer who seemed quite upset with them.

We shifted house recently and wanted to use them too because of the good experience from my sister who moved in January. However, their schedule are quite packed and you will have to contact them early. You can ask all the questions you want when you contact them. Cheap and good.

We eventually did not use them because the day we wanted are already fully booked and we turn to Breakthrough missions. They are quite similar to helping hands as they do have some background. Prices are quite similar and services also good (wrapping, unwrapping, etc). I paid $280 for 1 trip on a 14ft lorry and they did it in 2-3 hours including wrapping up the TV, etc and unwrapping them in my new place. As for the boxes, they asked for a $2 deposit per box and upon returning, they refund back the money.

We should all do our part and try to get these people back to society.

Hi guys,

I just engaged helping hand as my mover! The team of four n leaded by Steven!

Very professional n fast mover. Humble n polite.. Good work done

Kudos!!

Just got them to do a "survey" of my place. Quoted S$280 per trip and the guy say "confirm can move all in 1 trip".

1st 20 boxes are FOC, subsequent 30 boxes (used) @ S$60, which works out to be S$2/box.

Have yet to confirm with them as my previous mover (Rodex) was also cost competitive and efficient. They will be coming over to do a survey tomorrow.

Hope the above helps :)

Thanks bat!! For the info

I called yesterday and put on hold.. Never manage to get to speak to anyone.

:)

Just got them to do a "survey" of my place. Quoted S$280 per trip and the guy say "confirm can move all in 1 trip".

1st 20 boxes are FOC, subsequent 30 boxes (used) @ S$60, which works out to be S$2/box.

Have yet to confirm with them as my previous mover (Rodex) was also cost competitive and efficient. They will be coming over to do a survey tomorrow.

Hope the above helps :)

Anyone knows if they take in used furniture?

'cos I will hv some furniture that I wont be moving to my new place but still in ok condition...

I just engaged their service over the weekend to move all my family's stuff (total 80 - 90 boxes) from my previous house to my current temporary house and storage hub (2 different locations). Those guys are really fast and efficient...they came at 1pm and completed by 4pm. Highly recommended~! ! !

Will definately use their service again in few mths time when I move from temporary house to my new house.

Edited by cookiez

I used their services 3 times. Good service.

Yes they have to wear shoes into the house for safety reason. Imagine the heavy furniture crash onto their bare feet.

half load abt $230 cos they still need to cover manpower ah. abt 4-5 movers plus one supervisor..

mine less den half load, same one mattress plus some big boxes