Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ursuladeux

Furniture That Can Tahan Cats' Claws

I have had leather sofas before and they always kena scratched by my cat no matter how many times I scold her. She will secretly scratch them at night or when we are not around. She can't help it also because when she needs to climb anything, she will inevitably use her claws. I do not dare to buy fabric sofas because it might attract fur or get dirty easily.

I would like to check if anyone has similar experience and what sofas do you use to guard against your feline friends?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

actually fabric sofa are more resistant to clawing but tend to attract fur

for me its important to let the cat know the sofa is out of bounds the moment you buy it...subsequently the cat will know not to go onto it ...do you already have a scratching post ? if not get one ...cats need something to keep their claws in check

try use lemon juice or use water spray at her when she scratches the sofa

actually fabric sofa are more resistant to clawing but tend to attract fur

for me its important to let the cat know the sofa is out of bounds the moment you buy it...subsequently the cat will know not to go onto it ...do you already have a scratching post ? if not get one ...cats need something to keep their claws in check

try use lemon juice or use water spray at her when she scratches the sofa

ok thanks..

i have like 3 scratching post for 1 little cat..haha.. i tried water and repellent spray.. no use. Think i will reposition my scratching post and see how.

I think it's an inherent in a cat's nature to be scratching as it's trying to sharpen its claws.

We've encountered a few stray cats who loved stratching their claws against bicycle tyres even though a huge tree with a thick sturdy trunk was jux planted next door.

And the thing about cats is that they aren't like dogs. They have a mindset of their own & I found them challenging to train to the likes of that of pet dogs.

I think it's an inherent in a cat's nature to be scratching as it's trying to sharpen its claws.

We've encountered a few stray cats who loved stratching their claws against bicycle tyres even though a huge tree with a thick sturdy trunk was jux planted next door.

And the thing about cats is that they aren't like dogs. They have a mindset of their own & I found them challenging to train to the likes of that of pet dogs.

oh well too bad then, i love my cat more than my sofa..haha..

she didnt purposely scratch them, its just that sometimes she need to run around the house and jump here and there. So in the process she scratch the sofa..

Hi dear today i read this topic it's really nice and informative i really like and i want to ask a question which is that I am looking at replacing my living room furniture this year and I need some suggestions? First, we have 2 cats (and yes they sometimes scratch the ends of the sofa and loveseat that we have now-in fact it looks horrible) 2. The upholstery fabic we have now has piles all over it?

Edited by Christopher07

Can try the card box scratching pads and sprinkle a bit of catnip on it.

That keeps my cat going to the scratch pad and tends to almost ignore our sofa.

A good 30-45 cm does tne work.