Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
den

Leaking Problem

Kena leaking on 1st day of CNY... Really suay...

Does any expert here knows how long a toilet waterproof job usually last?

And how does the waterproof get damaged?

Does pouring boiling water on the toilet floor kill the waterproof layer?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi,

waterproofing works should last at least 5 years.

waterproofing can only be damaged if you hack a hole in the floor after all works are done.

pouring boiling water will NOT damage the waterproofing.

most probably is that the waterproofing was not done well.

some other reasons :-

1. if you have a long bath, there could be ponding of water under the longbath

2. the areas around the 'neck' of the floor trap ( the hole in the floor where water is discharge ) is not properly waterproofed OR there is an air-con discharge pipe there which is not positioned properly

3. if your house are conceal copper pipings ( waterpipes embedded into the wall ) then there could be a possibility that there is a leak in the copper pipes

i always believe that if there is no 'ponding' water which means ALL water is discharged into the floor trap, no waterproofing also no problem because for a leak to happen, there must be a water source.

i hope the above helps.

all the best !

GHCY

Hi there!

Has anyone tried 'chemical bonding' to repair leaking problem on their kitchen/toilet flooring? Isit effective for the long term?

Regards

Hi there!

Has anyone tried 'chemical bonding' to repair leaking problem on their kitchen/toilet flooring? Isit effective for the long term?

Regards

Hi,

I have not heard of chemical bonding before. Can i hv more detail maybe I can advise.

Thanks

GHCY, do you know of any company who can help to access water leakage problem for terrace house?

I have done waterproofing 1 yr ago but there's still a leak. Hence suspect that it could be internal piping leakage or maybe drainage blocked that cause ponding...

Not sure who to engage to look into this.

email: ada_lyn@yahoo.com

last time I ever engaged PUB to did checking on concealed water pipe leakage problem, but the department has been ceased the service.

you still can call them they will recommend you to private company.

another way to DIY yourself.

• turn off all the tap (include WC flashing)
  • take the water meter reading
  • wait for at least 4 hours and check the meter again, if leak you can see the reading different
  • if water pipe leak you have to get the contractor with instrucment to determine which part of the pipe leaks.