Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sway

1St Floor Of A Condo

Hi,

I will be getting my keys soon and my new place is on the ground level. Quite near to the pool.

Any advises for me when i am renovating my place?

I heard that i am not allow to put up a covered area at my patio or my yard even though its considered my area.

Isst true?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I will be getting my keys soon and my new place is on the ground level. Quite near to the pool.

Any advises for me when i am renovating my place?

I heard that i am not allow to put up a covered area at my patio or my yard even though its considered my area.

Isst true?

True to some extend, as long as the coverage not extended beyond those so called common property. MC has guidelines as to "cosmetic" of outlook of building. Ask MC first before reno.

Quite "noisy" during pool peak seasons, and those "wet" traces here & there, good luck.

noisy is one thing.

Ppl like to peak inside and see your living hall, room, etc when pass by.

Then it is a trash collection area from higher level neigbour.

once, my 1st floor neighbor receive 1 bag of fried mee hoon with curry chicken. OPEN.

OH!!!1

And alot of ants and insects.

Congratz to you!

you must be a ground floor lover, there's always a group looking at only ground floors or otherwise top floors!

It's a fun unit as it offers more outdoor space and interesting usage of space and lifestyle.

you are right, area cannot be covered up, and the management needs to know what you plan to do

as for rubbish, what's mentioned is true, but the management would be able to help you resolve in no time

Edited by Piazza

Thanks for all the tips.

I actually plan to build some cupboards to store my things outside...

Hmmm...seems that its not possible rite? Everything i do, i have to seek MC's approval?

noisy is one thing.

Ppl like to peak inside and see your living hall, room, etc when pass by.

Then it is a trash collection area from higher level neigbour.

once, my 1st floor neighbor receive 1 bag of fried mee hoon with curry chicken. OPEN.

OH!!!1

And alot of ants and insects.

Wah. When I bought my 1st Floor unit, never considered all these.

The only consideration was the space, the PES, the poolview etc..

but not the rubbish and the nosey parkers.

Looks like I have to stay a few years and then let go liao.

This really is my first time i visit here. I identified numerous entertaining stuff inside your weblog, particularly its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I'm not the only one getting all of the leisure right here! Preserve up the good perform.

hello there..

this is my first visit to renotalk

i curious on this question :

"Any advises for me when i am renovating my place?"

does your place is a brand new unit?

i'd like to know the standard regulation for doing renovation for a brand new unit :)

TIA

I think it depends on the neighbours staying upstairs lor.

Cos my elder brother used to stay 1st floor with PES and he doesn't have any major problems.

Thus, I also recently bought a 1st floor unit with PES too.

Let's pray and cross my fingers that my future neighbours will be ok lor.

1st floor area are usually bigger area, but at a lower psf.

1. even if not resident at high floor that throw things down, it could be their children. Worst will be smokers who threw butts !

2. my condo MC super on one (which we like it and always don't vote them out). They will continue to put notice at the lift level or newsletter on issues on litter bugs. They will not hestiate to embarrassed or take legal action against resident who throw things.

We also have voted that dogs not allow to be at the swim pool area. uncollected Poo is fine at $200. All dogs have to be registered as well. Once a China tenant (a chinese teacher) convert her residential into a day care resiential where chinese students come into singapore to study. One of the boys destroyed our back gate (no card and force open the gate by kicking). Camera caught that guy and we ask that teacher to pay.

Therefore buying a condo also need to know the power of MC.

3. Always remember that upgraders to condo are singaporeans who used to live in HDB and tends to throw litter here and there. Therefore do not expect most singaporeans become highly civic conscious overnight. It takes time to educate.

Edited by kalimantan

Hi a newbie here.

Been living in a ground floor unit for 10 yrs with a open terrace space of over 500sq ft

facing the baby pool n by the side a small play ground ....its been fantastic.

Don't listen to what others say abt the noise and litter.

The initial hoo haa will die off fast and the pools get deserted most wk days esp when its sunny.

There might be some litter but nothing that will bother you. Else jus make an awning/trellis and u'll enjoy

the terrace even when it rains....u'll get many jealous owners/neighbours wanting to view ur house.

And nobody uses the playground in the hot sun. And lets face it, most condo units hv full length windows and tt means opposing block

can see you and thus no different fr groung floor units (jus put some potted plants and game over)...hahaha

Congrats and you'll enjoy it

Dear all,

Do you think i can paint the wall of my PES? Coz i intend to get the nippon package and the charges is base on floor size of the unit.

So if i dont paint my PES, abit bo hua to take up their package...

Also, i intend to get cupboards to maximise my storage, but on second thoughts, its quite ugly since everyone by the pool will be staring at my PES.

Any idea on how to improve storage but yet not making my patio look like a slump?

Also i am thinking of getting those single seater swing, those that look like a ratton basket but with cushion inside.

Had checked out 2 stores, its selling btw 760 to 950.

Anyone seen something that is cheaper than that?

Thanks.

Thanks newbie and sway :dancingqueen:

I'm looking forward to my new place but still long way to go... TOP 2015.

Anyway, i'm here to get more ideas and also advise from fellow ground floor owners.

Infact, i'm quite lucky cos the developer actually extended the roofing at the PES... initially only follow the upper levels' balcony shades.... but now, we were told that developer will be doing full covered PES all the way. It's nice to hear that so that i will not have to worry about upstairs throw rubbish.