Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hwaa

Wynn Furnishing @ Furniture Mall.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I bought my sofa n dining set from Wynn early this year. Bought from expo. I am happy with their service n delivery is of no issue. Delivered on time.

There was a hairline crack on the dining table after 2 months and they replaced a new one for me with not much fuss. The new one is still good till now.

After checking out the all the sofa stores in expo, I find their price reasonable n they can custom make n they r overall reasonable in all aspects, service, price. I like their look of sofas too.

Yes I will go back to them or recommend to friend.

I was looking for a L shape sofa ended up ordered a 3 seater and 1 ottoman as June Lim recommend this layout can also form a L shape. hope it turns out nice as there is no display to see. delivery will be on the 5Jan, quite good as there is 5 types of cushion to choose.

Beware of buying from Wynn Furnishing!

I've bought a TV Console and Coffee Table from them a month ago from June Lim, their Sales Manager. June told me the set is Solid Walnut Wood and it is manufacture in China as China has a lot of Walnut trees. I'm fine with it since the set is quite cheap for a Solid Walnut Wood set. She emphasized the price is slightly higher than those in the catalogue because those were veneers!

The nightmare came when the items were delivered to my place. I discovered there was a chip at the top back part of the TV Console only after the deliverymen left. My fault for not checking thoroughly enough as I did not want to hold them back for their delivery. I called Wynn IMMEDIATELY and they told me they'll check with their deliverymen when they are back from their delivery. Finally June called me and told me that I've checked carefully when the deliverymen were there so it is ME who has caused the chip! WTH. I don't have anything placed on the TV console as my things were not shifted in yet and the chip is also facing the wall, how could I have chipped it unless I purposely caused the chip. On top of that I also asked June if it is really solid wood as when I knocked on the wood, it sounded hollow. She said solid wood will sound more hollow than compressed wood. 

As I'm not convinced it is really solid wood, I've checked around and confirmed it is veneer. Then June says it is common to lay veneer on top of solid wood. I think her expertise in this line is really questionable, who would cover the beautiful grain of solid wood with veneer? She apologised that I'm not able to accept this item as solid wood covered with veneer which other customers can accept (I doubt the other customers even know) and offered to refund me fully provided that the item is in good condition. Since there's already a chip, I've to pay partially for the repair cost and transportation!!! I didn't caused the chip so why should I pay for these? She says I've signed on the DO that the item is in good condition but I did not sign and I believed the deliverymen signed on it themselves.

After much hassle of raising the matter to Furniture Association and my credit card company to raise the dispute, the matter is still not resolved. In the end I've no choice but to file a Small Claims with Small Claims Tribunal. When Wynn learned of my decision, they asked their manufacturer to contact me and offered to refund me fully. I questioned them again on the material used and they admitted that the items were not solid wood, it is MDF. They came up with some crappy excuse that their new Salesperson provided Wynn with the wrong information that the items were solid wood.

Anyway for me a lesson learned through the hard way.