Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MrBean

Rubbish Chute Water Sprinkle Leak To Room Ceiling

Hi there need some advise. I live in a private condo top floor. Everytime the cleaner forgotten to off the Rubbish Chute water sprinkle and run it for 3 to 4 hours, I notice the false ceiling of one of my room about 20m away will start leaking water till I go and off the sprinkle water myself. 2 occasions and it happened. I am v assured its not rain water, cos it had been raining so often and not even a drip fell from the roof or ceiling.

THe curious part is the rubbish chute is 20m and 3 rooms away, and how the water get into the false ceiling. I suspect the water seep through the crack from the rubbish chute and into the wall, then drip to this specific spot of false ceiling which is the lowest point (assume if the false ceiling is not level horizontally).

Had talk to the Management and to see how to resolve this prob bf consulting some water proofing expert. Right now only way is to shut off the sprinkle from using at moment. Thanks for advice

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Mr Bean,

I guess the only way to find out where the water is coming from is by cutting a square in the false ceiling, and have a look.

It could be that the facade wall outside that affected room has a crack which leaks into the false ceiling area.

It could also be cause by the rain, as it takes time for the water to go from the roof through your ceiling and then through your false ceiling.

The real concern is that there would be extra moisture in that room, and with a mold introduction, that room could be mold infected.

Hope this helps

Hi EVD thanks for ur reply. I did consider cutting out a square hole on the false ceiling as my last resort. Will see if lowering the water spray amt or reducing the water spray amt from the rubbish chute sprinkle can solve the prob. Thanks.