Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lexusgs

Penthouse Renovation

hi everyone.

little bit about myself.

brought this unit last year and was tenanted. contract ending so we gonna start reno it and stay by ourself.

intially this reno is suppose to be done by my brother but he is very busy with work so i gotta take over it from him at the very last min. thought he already settle everything but he told me last night that he still have not select anyone and ask me to start looking for one.

anyone here reno their penthouse unit including the big open terrace at the top?

mine come with a pretty big area and I am really headache on how can i fully utilise the area.

have so many ideas on what to have for the top.

but the first id i went say, this one cannot, this one mcst will not approve etc etc.

make me kinda regret purchasing this unit. what is the use of the open terrace if i can put this put that?

shall not discuss this in the open. anyone have any experience doing the top?

can share your ideas?

for my level 1, i am looking at those clean cut look, mainly in white and grey. level 1 i do not have much headache as i roughly know what i wan from those deco mag.

most important is is your id able to help in the design for the top floor.

the one in imm only say he will follow what i ask him to do. then why must i chose him then?

first id already so jialat liao. still gotta tong maybe 5-10 more. haha.

please kindly pm me if you ever do up your open terrace.

tia

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi everyone,

have received numerous pm reccomending me their ID. you know who you are. Thanks a lot and I shall get in touch with them soon.

past few days were very busy with work, but i still managed to meet up a 4 id who are able to make time to come over my unit.

3 are from this forum highly reccomended list and 1 are from my friend reccomendation.

of the 4, i guess only 2 are consider id as they are able to advice me on my design, the functionality of my requirement, and the costing involved. the other 2 are more like contractors. they listen to me, draft out a few layout plans and will get back to me on the quotation. base on these meetings, those contractors pricing seems lower base on verbal calculation. since I know what I wan, most prob i will engage contractor to do up my unit to save up some cost. design wise, i have ton of pictures to show them to build.

I even went to mohd sultan to look through the hansgorhe range of selection, wow their dsign is simply awesome. the feel of the tap is really different from those china made tap from IMM. but to spend 3-4 times more for taps? hmmm, i really need to do some cost calculation.

anyway window shopping is fun man...

hope everyone have a smooth reno.

cheers

hi everyone.

little bit about myself.

brought this unit last year and was tenanted. contract ending so we gonna start reno it and stay by ourself.

intially this reno is suppose to be done by my brother but he is very busy with work so i gotta take over it from him at the very last min. thought he already settle everything but he told me last night that he still have not select anyone and ask me to start looking for one.

anyone here reno their penthouse unit including the big open terrace at the top?

mine come with a pretty big area and I am really headache on how can i fully utilise the area.

have so many ideas on what to have for the top.

but the first id i went say, this one cannot, this one mcst will not approve etc etc.

make me kinda regret purchasing this unit. what is the use of the open terrace if i can put this put that?

shall not discuss this in the open. anyone have any experience doing the top?

can share your ideas?

for my level 1, i am looking at those clean cut look, mainly in white and grey. level 1 i do not have much headache as i roughly know what i wan from those deco mag.

most important is is your id able to help in the design for the top floor.

the one in imm only say he will follow what i ask him to do. then why must i chose him then?

first id already so jialat liao. still gotta tong maybe 5-10 more. haha.

please kindly pm me if you ever do up your open terrace.

tia

hihihi,

it have been a exhaustive week for me.

meeting ids, seeing furniture, lighting, sanntary wares and etc. so many things to consider when doing renovation.

even if we select an id to help us we still got so much to do ourselve.

but hopefully, the end result is a satisfying one as the process thou is a bit tiring, the end resuld should be pretty fulfiling.

after meeting the various ids and a few for the second time, I have decided on an ID and hope my selection is right. this selection is based on gut feel as I am really very tired after meeting and this id manage to convince me how she can help me.

have placed a deposit of $2000 and will meet again next week to do some measurement.

I select this id is not base on price as her pricing is not the cheapest. but she manage to convince me that she is able to help me tranform this unit to a HOME and not just renovate it to new.

some id/contractor i met, are able to help me as well in that, some pricing are cheaper. but when I try to compare the quotation, i think it is not fair just to compare the final figure as some quotation do not include this wheras some include that.

a few contractor wanna do my business agree to whatever request I asked them, like lower the pricing of the psf of the wardrobe, kitchen cabinet. and this stance make me uncomfortable as they give me the feeling just want me to sign the contract and the rest, they will discuss on a further date.

got one popular in forum one even best. see my unit and say will give me quotation in a few days time. few days pass, call him say he preparing and will send later that night. the next day, i call him, he refused to pick up my call or reply my many sms. funny huh? I had actually put him high on my list as he seems very interested in doing up my unit when viewing my unit that day. but with this type of attitude, i guess he dun deserve my business. i am still thinking how will act this way.

one thing ids/contractor i met always ask me what is my budget for the reno, and i try to tell them various budget for different id/contractor, all able to do it base on my budget. why huh? do they work around our budget? I have state 80k, 100k and 120k for them. all ok.

anyway back to this id i select, I have set a budget of 100k for her to work around.

hopefully on our next meeting we are able to come out with some design for what we discussed.

very tired already.

good night everyone.

hi everyone,

have received numerous pm reccomending me their ID. you know who you are. Thanks a lot and I shall get in touch with them soon.

past few days were very busy with work, but i still managed to meet up a 4 id who are able to make time to come over my unit.

3 are from this forum highly reccomended list and 1 are from my friend reccomendation.

of the 4, i guess only 2 are consider id as they are able to advice me on my design, the functionality of my requirement, and the costing involved. the other 2 are more like contractors. they listen to me, draft out a few layout plans and will get back to me on the quotation. base on these meetings, those contractors pricing seems lower base on verbal calculation. since I know what I wan, most prob i will engage contractor to do up my unit to save up some cost. design wise, i have ton of pictures to show them to build.

I even went to mohd sultan to look through the hansgorhe range of selection, wow their dsign is simply awesome. the feel of the tap is really different from those china made tap from IMM. but to spend 3-4 times more for taps? hmmm, i really need to do some cost calculation.

anyway window shopping is fun man...

hope everyone have a smooth reno.

cheers

Hi Hi,

If you wish to reno your house, please pm and call me,

I am designer from SXX CrXXX,

Waiting for your pm and hear from you soon.,

Thanks,

Lim,

thanks for your offer but I have selected my ID and am in the design stage.

was so busy with work that I can hardly meet her to discuss.

hope next week can come out with something.

cheers