Sign in to follow this  
Aristotle

Ez's Humble Abode

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

20/02/2012

- Hacking work completed.

- Tiles delivered.

This week will be tiling work.

Met with ID yesterday. Went through in details what's what.

Here's something he took the extra mile to do which I deeply appreciate.

On the wall outside toilets and kitchen, he made a sketch portraying what we would be expecting:

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

Edited by Aristotle

Hi May,

Mine's a 3-room flat and the living area is pretty small compared to 4/5 rooms and above. I would believe the wind power should be sufficient to satisfy people sitting on the sofa (under the fan) which is the main purpose.

its really interesting fan..... i would really want to know how strong is the wind. keep me updated when you actually move in and sitting below the fan.

its really interesting fan..... i would really want to know how strong is the wind. keep me updated when you actually move in and sitting below the fan.

Will do... :yamseng:

Latest Purchase:

Samsung WF8692NEC Washer - SGD388 (steal!!) @ Harvey Norman

Samsung.jpg

Mitsubishi MR-V45C Fridge - SGD799 + bargained free delivery @ Best

Mitsubishi.jpg

Hey May_dream1, that's a Sycamore fan. The fan actually moves rather slowly, so it would provide circulation, but to really cool the place and provide wind like the usual KDK, not really.

Here's a video:

Anyway, to the TS, welcome to Clementi! My 'hood too, though I just moved to Bt Batok!

Hey nice fan. Saw from their webbie, very interesting concept. Pretty similar cross-section to aeroplane wing.

Can't wait to see your finishing pix of your reno.

all the best :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Hi, thanks for the ID contact. Hubby and I met up with the 1st ID we had in mind yesterday. Nice and knowledgeable chap. May consider yours too.

Super love that sycamore ceiling fan. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: Where did you get it?

What??!! I got my washing machines 8692 recently for 560 lor!! How come so cheap?

It happens to be Harvey Norman moving out sale @ Millenia Walk. I believe it's still on...

Alternatively, you could get from zero a.k.a Jerome. His prices are pretty good.

What a coincidence! :yeah: We will be staying temporarily at Clementi, near the MRT station, when my house is undergoing reno in June.

With all those nice things you've bought, I'm sure your house will turn up very nicely and unique. :jammin:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :good:

With the horror stories going on around here, I'm very contented to have contracted a good ID/contractor without having to break out in cold sweat in the middle of the night and popping melatonin.

I can rest my mind off the ongoing renovation and concentrate on buying furniture and appliances. :sport-smiley-004: